Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Make some posts in FYAD then after you're done being chain probated come back and do it again

It's like rolling back the odometer in your car!

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
It pains me to make this post, number 6970, but I must.

To all my admirers, well wishers, congratulators, I thank you. Its not easy being a forum superstar.

T'was a few months ago whence I noticed I was creeping up on the magic double sex number of posts and I was all like "hell yeah, I'm going to have 6969 posts soon".

Soon after I realized that I had an average daily (poo poo) post rate of about 4.08 or so. Thats when I got the idea to try for the double sex + weed number.
I mean, of course the weed number is 420, not 4.20 but whatever.

It was a carefully curated few months of paying attention to how many posts I made and not going too crazy. Particularly the last couple weeks, where I was getting really close and a few times I even had an average of 4.21 posts!! Well, I was focused on such a monumental goal of course, so despite having some things to post which might not have even been complete poo poo, I had to keep my silence lest I go up to an average too high to come back down.

I even tried to get a 3 day probing and tried some mod sass to get it, but my devious plan didn't work. I only got a sixer so I had to put even more effort in to not poo poo posting more than a couple times per day.

Well, last night arrived and I had 6967 posts and I made post number 6968. I carefully checked my post average to make sure it didn't go back up to 4.21, or my triumph might possibly have had to wait until today. Then it was time. The big moment!

As I prepared to make the big post, I was definitely nervous because maybe that would mean that with post number 6969, would bring my average back up to 4.21.
If that had happened, I would have been forced to post a banme thread and leave the forums in shame. SHAME!!

I nervously clicked the post button and then checked my average in my profile. FOUR POINT TWENTY!! gently caress YEAH!!!

Triumph was mine! I could proudly boast of having the magic double sex number and an average number of 4.20 poo poo posts per day.

There you have it. The story of the 6969 4.20 smoke treez e'rry day post.

Before I click post, one final shot of my triumph before I make it to 6970 posts.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Bravo!

Mochabeard
Nov 9, 2020

Posture Check! :cool:

Amazing feat of strength OP, I’m truly blessed to of been able to witness this very moment in time.:pray:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Nice op, you tuggin?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Derpies posted:

Nice op, you tuggin?

Not at the moment.

Was considering yankin' my poo poo later though.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
that is impressive OP congratulations!!! (:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Spinz posted:

Holy gently caress how did you manage this?

The Messiah of SA

Someone make this guy an admin

seriously

absolute king poo poo

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Hey mathematician goon, how long would it take for me to get to 42069 posts if I were to average 6.9 per day?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Hey mathematician goon, how long would it take for me to get to 42069 posts if I were to average 6.9 per day?

A lot longer than if you averaged 69 per day.

spatial trait
Aug 7, 2009

You love to see it

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Aardvark! posted:

A lot longer than if you averaged 69 per day.

Ten times longer I'd imagine.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Mega64 posted:

Congratulations OP!

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Nice.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Jeffrey needs to give up the throne.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

vaginite posted:

1.91* years so that's pretty doable but that's a ton of shitposting, and that's starting from 0 so a little less.

e: *4.54 years, math errors

From OP's starting point it's impossible to hit this, needs to be a fresh start because he's at 5 years reg, so to be at 420 average posts today he'd already have to be at about 750k posts, past the target of 696,969. Once you cross 4.54 years registered it's impossible to hit it, you'd need to be under 420 average to be at the right post count past this point.

There's no way to accelerate it either, 4.54 years is the only place it can converge.

So it'd need a fresh start. And someone willing to spend 4 and half years making almost 700,000 posts.

Anyway this is loving stupid use of math grats OP.

thank you this is what i meant

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Good work OP, you will forever live in my heart as the hero GBS deserves.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Give this man his own custom gangtag or something

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Cubone posted:

you're all missing the point, the daily average will decay with each passing day
if op posts, the 6969 is lost, if op doesn't post, the 4.20 fades away

this is a fleeting moment in time that will be lost forever

You've missed the point. Go see a full solar eclipse in person and you'll understand that it's these precise moments that, while fleeting, are the things you'll remember forever.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Finally a finished goon project, god bless all involved

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’m very proud of you, OP. You did it :frogbon:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Nocheez posted:

You've missed the point. Go see a full solar eclipse in person and you'll understand that it's these precise moments that, while fleeting, are the things you'll remember forever.

excuse you, I made no assertion either way :colbert:

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Nice

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Lurk more.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
All those posts gone, like tears in the rain...

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
:wow:

This is unironically the greatest goon achievement of all time.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Posting in this glorious thread. Magnificent achievement OP, you are the King of Goons, the Emperor of Something Awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I'm at work all day and I come back and DAAAYUM!!! This thread has gone gold?

Hell yeah! My first and most likely only thread to go gold.

Clearly posting 6969 times at an average of 4.20 posts per day was the best decision I've ever made, on or off the internet!
Pretty much nothing I can do could top this monumental achievement.

/thinks about life decisions for a few minutes.

Well, I think, I'm going to go and get drunk or something.