Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Cattail Prophet posted:

...Wait, Luz is from Connecticut?

She mentioned it in the latest episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So, if there are barely any connections between the worlds, how are these Good Witch Azora books on both sides? I don't think Eda smuggled them over.
I want that to be a crucial plot point.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

My favorite reaction to this new episode that I've seen is "yes it's finally canon!" wrt Luz and Amity, like motherfucker it's been canon since goddamn episode 10 or some poo poo. Anyway good ep.

Are you sure about that? Sure, Amitiy placed a playful kiss on her cheek, but is there any conclusive evidence that either of these girls like each other? I think we should wait for some definitive proof, before we assume anything. Sure feels weird that the newest episode was so short. They could have added a third story besides Eda's and King's.

I'm joking, but I do kinda wonder, what Disney plans to do with this show wrt to international release. That stuff wont fly in Russia.
"It's really weird that Amities purple haired twin brother appeared and suddenly kissed Luz, isn't it? But she seems to like him."

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Aug 1, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Cattail Prophet posted:

I found it really amusing how the first segment was just Alex Hirsch talking to himself a bunch, and also Dana was there.

Now I wonder if he makes one take where he switches between the roles, or two takes overlaid to form a dialogue.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Written by Molly + Dana sounds good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Macrame_God posted:

For anyone wondering, Dana recently did a thing on Reddit and was asked why The Owl House got the axe after a miniscule third season. Link to the article below for anyone who wants the whole story but the short of it is that there are people who work at Disney whose job it is to decide what is "on brand" and what isn't. They decided that The Owl House was too off brand (older audience, serialized story, etc.) so they cancelled it. Kind of explains why they ended it in favor of shows like Molly McGee which reeks of Disney executives going "Please just make us another Phineas and Ferb."

https://screenrant.com/owl-house-show-cancellation-disney-why-explained/

To be fair, Molly McGee is incredibly cute and great. Hard recommendation for that one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Everyone posted:

Squirrel Girl was "too queer?" How?

Nobody but the execs and maybe the showrunners really knows, since there had been barely any information about it. Either way, that series died and it's a real shame. The showrunner recently did some salty tweets which he later deleted, in which he claimed that it was allegedly to gay. While it might be true, for all we know that was just a frustrated post he made whole drunk.

I recently saw Werewolves Within and got sad that we won't see Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl. She's such a fun actress.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 10, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Well Dana, I think it's tomorrow! :colbert:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Oh cool next week!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

What did you think I meant by Elsewhere :v:

I do always love the old trope in the latest episode where a hero extends an olive branch to a villain, the villain tries to get one over on the hero to get back into the other villain's good graces only to find out they're BARELY breaking even and are now in a much more precarious position than they thought they were. Kikkimura is probably KICKING herself after how badly her "promotion" has screwed her over.

It's always a satisfying turnabout, even if it's in kind of a mean "Yeah, now the world is just rubbing your nose in it." kind of way.

Ehhh, the alternative is not much better. I think she made the right call.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Everyone posted:

Actually no, she didn't (unless even weirder time travel shenanigans). When she met him, Phillip was clearly using glyphs in a far more advanced way than Luz was and seemed surprised and intrigued that she was also using glyphs. Figure somebody who could become the super-boss of glyph magic would be Gus. Possibly illusions could make glyphs and then glyphs could make anything Gus wanted - assuming Gus figured out the "code." Recall that he's the only witch that's really used Luz's glyph without being depowered like Eda and Lilith.
Amity used a glyph this episode. Of course it wasn't for active combat, but the point stands nonetheless.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Senerio posted:

The Ghost and Molly McGee is very much aimed younger, and less continuity-focused, but it's got its charm.

I'd actually surprised by the amount if continuity in that. But yeah that show rules. Ashly Burch is awesome.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, is Centaurworld any good?

There are some meandering episodes, but when it hits it hits hard. And they managed to stick the landing on the finale.
There are some studies which indicate that people only remember peaks and the very end of experiences, so by that matter it is quite good.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

Kikimora is awful. I love her.

I just love saying her name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kikimora

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

Thank you! I knew I had heard this somewhere before but I couldn't remember where

The name was also used for ant monsters in the Witches games. That's where I first heard it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

IUG posted:

Interesting that they’re having a short where they date, since these things are being made without any creator input. I figured they’d just ignore their romance.

Eh, if they want to spare their international viewers from this sinful relation, they'll just not bother showing that particular short.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

Drawing Supplies $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Background References $3,600
Salaries $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my show is dying

Cut the rent and salaries and let them work from home for exposure. :capitalism:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I'll counter with the Divine Comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Larryb posted:

Also for some reason Tibbles was invited to Luz’s birthday party:

Emergency rations I assume

I loved how Odalia was completely absent except for the shot when Amity reunites with her dad. You can just tell that a few seconds earlier he impassionedly told her "So yeah, we're getting a divorce. Please stay away from me and my children. I'll have the proper paper work sent to you."