Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fluffdaddy posted:

And they are gross, which is why I don't talk about them and have a Kobayashi AV and not a Lucoa or Kanna AV. When you can find my posts extoling the virtues of Lucoa and Shota then you can whatabout me all you want.

lmao

Roth posted:

Is Annoying Orange a vtuber?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Roth posted:

no, this has been established multiple times

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roth posted:

I don't know enough about it. Leaning towards kinda.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I wish people would stop being mad about Fluffdaddy. He might not fully "get" V-Tubers, but he doesn't have any personal grudges against you all, and he isn't beholden to anything QCS tells him to do. He's trying to help make this thread and SA a more welcoming environment for people, and I feel bad that people are taking all of this as "just concern trolling". Yes, there are people who are posting about this, mad because they just hate all anime or want some good lulz so they pick on an easy target, but there are genuine concerns from a lot of posters, not just those that you see in QCS, and wanting to implement stricter rules was my idea, because I think it will lead to a healthier thread environment overall.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Roth posted:

arguably

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This thread can't stop touching the poop so it's pretty pointless now tbh. Used to be a good place to go to chill out but it's not really good for that anymore and hasn't been for months. Everytime it starts to calm down it starts up again.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Roth posted:

Yes, albeit a lovely one.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Roth posted:

Does Annoying Orange livestream now or was it all always just skits? I think when it's skits that's just "a character"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Red Minjo posted:

Does Annoying Orange livestream now or was it all always just skits? I think when it's skits that's just "a character"

looks like someone isn't keeping up with the literature

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Julias posted:

I wish people would stop being mad about Fluffdaddy. He might not fully "get" V-Tubers, but he doesn't have any personal grudges against you all, and he isn't beholden to anything QCS tells him to do. He's trying to help make this thread and SA a more welcoming environment for people, and I feel bad that people are taking all of this as "just concern trolling". Yes, there are people who are posting about this, mad because they just hate all anime or want some good lulz so they pick on an easy target, but there are genuine concerns from a lot of posters, not just those that you see in QCS, and wanting to implement stricter rules was my idea, because I think it will lead to a healthier thread environment overall.

I agree with you overall. Though I don't think you will deny that a few people over in QCS were assholes about this.

I also agree that people were being too hard on Fluffdaddy.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"what did we learn from this council meeting?"
"nothing!"
"sweet"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Viridiant posted:

This thread can't stop touching the poop so it's pretty pointless now tbh. Used to be a good place to go to chill out but it's not really good for that anymore and hasn't been for months. Everytime it starts to calm down it starts up again.

Maybe the stricter rules will help it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I can see why they aren't referring to HoloEN as 'generations' officially if they're just going to drop surprise solo acts out of nowhere like this.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I skipped 300 posts but fluffdaddy is fine. Rules really needed to be way stricter.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Roth posted:

yes

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

no, this has been established multiple times

What about Strongbad?

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

MonsterEnvy posted:

I agree with you overall. Though I don't think you will deny that a few people over in QCS were assholes about this.

"a few"

this thread needs a hard reboot and harsher punishments on all the weird poo poo, on both regulars to the thread and to the drive by shitters

paranoid randroid posted:

"what did we learn from this council meeting?"
"nothing!"
"sweet"
the same is true of this website

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

People are understandably on the defensive over the mess that this thread has been over the last monthish (a lot of it being the trolls, but certainly not all.) I mean that latest QCS thread was a suddenly active account that had been dead for over a year and there's a bunch of forums staff misrepresenting how bad it is over there as well.

People jumped on Fluffdaddy as a representation of that. Fluffdaddy is obviously trying to help and I'm hoping they and Julias will find a better way to handle the issues we've had (from both inside and outside of the thread.)

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Roth posted:

What about Strongbad?

In spirit, if not in actuality.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Strongbad emails are absolutely proto-vtuber videos

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

my only problem is that brunom's 3-day is a lot for what was an injoke rather than actually being horny

to those of you that simply must yell hornily in public it's as easy as doing it anywhere else, you should know how something awful at large takes it by now, which is an entirely different discussion not worth having in the context of anime streamers

Roth posted:

What about Strongbad?

gonna give that one a no

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Roth posted:

What about Strongbad?

debatable

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Julias posted:

Any rules you come up with are just going to be obliquely abused by outsiders and drivebys again, both the obvious ones you already noticed and more subtle ones that seem to be 'good faith posters.' The time for effective moderation was months ago, and the scale was the entire site, not just one thread, because there are actively people who want to just cause damage for fun.

There's no way you're going to have this topic be acceptable to these outside influences, and you're going to perpetually be three moves behind until the topic is banned forumwide.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Julias posted:

"Please stop posting about these adult woman with anime avatars that I am characterizing as children. Also ignore my AV of a character from an anime that literally sexualizes children."

I don't blame him for wanting to clean up the thread a bit, I want it to be cleaner too. But I do see why some people might find it a bit hypocritical.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wudz posted:

"a few"

There was not that many people actually posting in it. And some were not assholes like Roth.

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

"Please stop posting about these adult woman with anime avatars that I am characterizing as children. Also ignore my AV of a character from an anime that literally sexualizes children."

I don't blame him for wanting to clean up the thread a bit, I want it to be cleaner too. But I do see why some people might find it a bit hypocritical.

They said not to post about them sexually I don't think they mentioned anything about them being characterized as children.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

gnome7 posted:

Strongbad emails are absolutely proto-vtuber videos

Yeah this is certainly a decent argument. Same with the earlier youtube critics who used (non or barely animated) avatars in their videos.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
woah, this thread blew up :stare: anyway, I'm curling up with some red wine and some kronii clips, if anyone has any other recs please let me know. I love chilling out with these talented ladies! :kimchi:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

point of order, fluffdaddy didn't characterize them as children at any point. the closest was 'yeah if someone is clearly operating a child character and being hyper horny don't post about them'

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i know you're being a poo poo but here is a clip of selen going karen mode at a post office on behalf of her friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUiuRvvpm28

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Astel had a Karaoke stream to wind down after the vtuber APEX tournament last night and it went a bit unnoticed during the Debut train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMGcJOO4jAM

Luckily it was unarchived this time around

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah this is certainly a decent argument. Same with the earlier youtube critics who used (non or barely animated) avatars in their videos.

What was that shitballs channel that did extremely basic 'game design theory' with stickmen and a 11khz voice that was pitch-shifted in an ancient copy of Audacity?

They are a vtuber.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

ol yeller posted:

woah, this thread blew up :stare: anyway, I'm curling up with some red wine and some kronii clips, if anyone has any other recs please let me know. I love chilling out with these talented ladies! :kimchi:

Just what I've seen today. This is a video by Rimmydownunder where he set up a whole mission in Arma 3 and brought a bunch of vtubers to join in on the fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wzX05rKksY

nobody you will probably recognize, lotsa indies. It was great fun watching this vid. Might see if I can find some other fun clips from the vtubers perspective.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Phobophilia posted:

i know you're being a poo poo but here is a clip of selen going karen mode at a post office on behalf of her friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUiuRvvpm28

I don't know why but Selen's voice always makes me want to laugh.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ol yeller posted:

whoa might wanna dial back that emote

i think you're getting a little too hot under the collar for the virtual youtuber girls

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

What was that shitballs channel that did extremely basic 'game design theory' with stickmen and a 11khz voice that was pitch-shifted in an ancient copy of Audacity?

They are a vtuber.

I can't remember the name (and they're still around) but I wouldn't link or namedrop them anyways because their writer is a terrible person.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Patware posted:

point of order, fluffdaddy didn't characterize them as children at any point. the closest was 'yeah if someone is clearly operating a child character and being hyper horny don't post about them'

That's fair. I must've misread his post.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

motoh posted:

Any rules you come up with are just going to be obliquely abused by outsiders and drivebys again, both the obvious ones you already noticed and more subtle ones that seem to be 'good faith posters.' The time for effective moderation was months ago, and the scale was the entire site, not just one thread, because there are actively people who want to just cause damage for fun.

There's no way you're going to have this topic be acceptable to these outside influences, and you're going to perpetually be three moves behind until the topic is banned forumwide.

But like... who cares about what people who drop in, post "CAN YOU SHOW ANIME FEET TO ME" and then laugh to themselves about how they owned all the posters think? How are they actually disrupting things? Everyone knows they're acting in bad faith, no one obliges, no one even gives a poo poo or replies.

This is a gigantic cultural phenomenon very linked to anime, and besides the simple fact that it's popular and talked about everywhere, that also means it'd be downright stupid for there not to be discussion of it in the anime forum. Acting drastically and defensively because a few people have decided to make it their forum duty to stop discussion of it is just bizarre. What are we, a loving school board? Does everyone have to post in QCS now or otherwise only the strangest people with incomprehensible vendettas will have their viewpoints considered?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I'm mostly bothered by how the crux of Fluff's (and all that QCS thread's) point is NOT just, "ban the horny." No no no! Their point has been "the whole thread should be banned, because none of them are free of sin." We're all getting lumped in with Dongicus, who is universally despised in this thread and is ALREADY threadbanned and constantly being probated for breaking the threadban/being horny.

We're already doing a decent job of self policing. The worst posters in here are consistently probated and asked to leave. But these trolls are coming in here, pointing at folks who were already punished for their posts, and saying "the whole thread needs to go! Look at these bad posts! And please ignore that the bad posts were already moderated." It's disingenuous, hypocritical, and mean spirited.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

They are a vtuber.

extra credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

I can't remember the name (and they're still around) but I wouldn't link or namedrop them anyways because their writer is a terrible person.

I'm at least glad you know who I'm thinking of

Kild posted:

extra credits

gently caress that was it