Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

That's funny considering you have a maid dragon avatar.

Kobayashi is an adult and I picked it because its my usual facial expression. If I had a Kanna AV then your whataboutism would make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

Waffleman_ posted:

Council has a sixth ranger, I guess.

Could be a Non-Binary HoloEN?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Fluffdaddy posted:

If the Vtubers are horny on main and their avatars look like children, then yea they have no place on something awful.

TBH you should just ban all of ADTRW, doing so will please the posters you serve and you don't value anyone here so it's win win for you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Oh my god, don't pull the Not All Men poo poo on me. That is disingenuous and you know it.

Forget it, I've had enough. I'm sick of engaging with this thread, it's clearly just a cesspit of bullying now and I'm not in middle school anymore. I want nothing to do with any of you.

Pollyanna posted:

Are you kidding me? Does nobody actually try and understand anything before they say something about it?

i loving implore everyone in this thread who is about to post some yelling poo poo to stop and ask yourselves if it's really that big of a deal compared to the volume of their post

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Kobayashi is an adult and I picked it because its my usual facial expression. If I had a Kanna AV then your whataboutism would make sense.

Oh, so it’s a problem when people pull that on a mod, now?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

TBH you should just ban all of ADTRW, doing so will please the posters you serve and you don't value anyone here so it's win win for you.

Ok I basically only have lurked this thread but are you seriously responding to "we have to ban loli poo poo" with "WELL THEN WE MIGHT AS WELL DELETE ADTRW" because that is not the sterling defence you seem to think it is.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Pretty much. PYF and FYAD won't stop until they get ADTRW nuked from the site and ironically the ones here use the same underhanded tactics that got their own subforum closed.

Loli poo poo should be banned, but there's a hell of a lot of misrepresenting of the situation thanks to the drive by thread shitters. I'm hoping Julias and the mods (that aren't actively contributing to the misrepresentation) can get this short sorted out in a way that doesn't destroy all vtuber discussion but does stop the creeps.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 23, 2021

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Zephirus posted:

God I loving hope so, would be nice to get some rep outside Niji.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
QCS should be eliminated honestly, it's caused nonstop problems for CSPAM, D&D, and now here

stratego
May 6, 2007

I don't like Kronii's legs, they're too long, too anime.
It makes the time lord look weird.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Listen, I don't care about what is posted in here, except the horny gross poo poo has to stop. I don't want to read 138 pages of post, but its okay to post about VTubers without talking about their Vboobs, VFeet and other Vbodyparts. Don't horny post. Thank you.

The only people horny posting are the people who think they're being clever by pretending to be the anime nerds they imagined in 2003. The only other sexualization talk comes from the literal twitter posts of the vtubers themselves, which is always posted cause they're funny, not cause they're actually sexy. In fact, the thread goes out of its way to not bring up clickbait images or thumbnails that are commonly used by said vtubers, down to taking a screenshot of the tweet and posting that rather than link it.

The idea that the QCS thread keeps hammering that these people portray themselves as pre-pubescent is an absurd joke, too; they talk openly about their ages or make obvious showbiz style lies about them, one of the biggest running gags in one of the the biggest vtuber agencies is that a character is pretending to be like a decade younger than she is and gets caught all the time referencing something from the 90s, proving her lie.

This isn't some weird den of people watching slimy poo poo from Japan that only exists because no one noticed it did. These channels have millions of subscribers and the whole thing is a cultural phenomenon that has all sorts throwing their hat in the ring and companies all over the world trying to capitalize on it.

It's quite frankly absurd that anyone's trying to make a big deal out of the thread at all, especially because the controversial ban came from someone trying to own people posting about vtubing by making a comic where they gently caress Korone, the popular anime dog, and getting banned for making a comic where they gently caress Korone, the popular anime dog. Somehow this got spun into mods protecting people who want to gently caress Korone, the popular anime dog, and it's all stupid poo poo that no one should've cared about in the first place.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 23, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll see the thread in a couple days, this is getting to be a bit much.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

Council has a sixth ranger, I guess.
does she have spikes for feet, or are those the most insane heels I've ever seen?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I mean it has multiple 'loli bait' characters and the creator is a massive self-admitted pedo but.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah this thread is lost, see y'all in a month or so. If admins are coming in to fight for the people who think posting "y'all jack off to this" every few days is funny then it's clear they want the thread gone.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, the anime where the huge titty dragon tries to gently caress the child literally named shota seems like more of a problem than a bunch of adult women giggling at each other's anime avatars on twitter.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

stratego posted:

I don't like Kronii's legs, they're too long, too anime.
It makes the time lord look weird.

It's a Wadarco thing. I think it's just that they're too thin rather than long for the overall design aesthetic

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Captain Invictus posted:

does she have spikes for feet, or are those the most insane heels I've ever seen?

Permanently en pointe.

What a way to live.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Why would I do that? I like anime, a lot.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
it's good to see that something awful hasn't changed

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Fluffdaddy posted:

There are a lot more explicit "jokes" about loving kids in that show than anything that has ever been mentioned in this thread and it pretty overtly beats you over the head with it so uh

This whataboutism sticks IMO

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Gearhead posted:

Did we just get teased with an EN Holostar?
I would love this. The Holostars are great and having an English equivalent would rock.

Zephirus posted:

Could be, but I hope that's not the case because the description describes them as an "it" which would kind of be a dick thing to do considering the issues trans/nb and others have to deal with in regards to pronouns.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

SpartanIvy posted:

I would love this. The Holostars are great and having an English equivalent would rock.

Could be, but I hope that's not the case because the description describes them as an "it" which would kind of be a dick thing to do considering the issues trans/nb and others have to deal with in regards to pronouns.

some nonbinary folks prefer to be known as 'it'. I don't particularly get it myself but if it is what they want to go by, more power to 'em.

We'll need to wait and see what Omega says about it.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Zephirus posted:

What if its the first HoloStar EN?
Or the anti-IRyS?
Or both.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Vinny Vinesauce is now technically a vtuber, given that he's streaming as "Gnorts the Alien" with the associated facerig for charity

Glad to see a dude break into the business without starting from being an anime reviewer or singer channel

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
ah yes. I'm glad to see that the concern trolling of adtrw hasn't changed and 2-3 bad faith posters are left alone to justify deleting a thread

Just lock the loving thing and get it over with.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

njsykora posted:

Yeah this thread is lost, see y'all in a month or so. If admins are coming in to fight for the people who think posting "y'all jack off to this" every few days is funny then it's clear they want the thread gone.

You are the agheao face person, aren't you?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SpartanIvy posted:

I know multiple non-binary people who use it/its, it's not offensive if that's what the person chooses to go by.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Patware posted:

also this collab is a real unfortunate momentum killer. there's just not enough meat on these incomprehensible but pretty videos to really riff off of

the same artists and writers and directors who make anime music videos were responsible for holocouncil pvs, and hence even the talents find them weird and forced

give it some time for their personalities to shine! i basically ignored nijisanji EN when they first came out and now i think they're great

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

kirbysuperstar posted:

I mean it has multiple 'loli bait' characters and the creator is a massive self-admitted pedo but.

Well not quite the creator has a self-admitted fetish for larger women coupled with smaller boys. He wants to be the small boy. So it's a weird category.

For the actual topic. I don't mind not posting about how large a Vtuber's breasts are and stuff. Though that thread that was complaining had a lot of outright lies even with some good points.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 23, 2021

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jen X posted:

Vinny Vinesauce is now technically a vtuber, given that he's streaming as "Gnorts the Alien" with the associated facerig for charity

Glad to see a dude break into the business without starting from being an anime reviewer or singer channel

To be fair I guess he did do it in the past with the Meat rig

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sad to see the thread is graduating, but it's been a fun ride, and I hope it moves on to bigger and better things! o7

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Falls Down Stairs posted:

There are a lot more explicit "jokes" about loving kids in that show than anything that has ever been mentioned in this thread and it pretty overtly beats you over the head with it so uh

This whataboutism sticks IMO

And they are gross, which is why I don't talk about them and have a Kobayashi AV and not a Lucoa or Kanna AV. When you can find my posts extoling the virtues of Lucoa and Shota then you can whatabout me all you want.

I am leaving this thread now. Just don't post horny poo poo. Thats all. If you do, you will be punted.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

Takoluka posted:

Sad to see the thread is graduating, but it's been a fun ride, and I hope it moves on to bigger and better things! o7

I hear it's going independent

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

the same artists and writers and directors who make anime music videos were responsible for holocouncil pvs, and hence even the talents find them weird and forced

give it some time for their personalities to shine! i basically ignored nijisanji EN when they first came out and now i think they're great

you are responding to a lot of points i did not make

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

kirbysuperstar posted:

To be fair I guess he did do it in the past with the Meat rig

World's first meattuber

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I was never into posting horny poo poo anyway. So this change does not bother me.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is Annoying Orange a vtuber?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Wudz posted:

I hear it's going independent

Nah, VShojo just started auditions.

Roth posted:

Is Annoying Orange a vtuber?

In all seriousness, that isn't an unfair argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Phobophilia posted:

It was pretty funny when they decided to just fast forward through the third preview video instead of playing it for the 6th time.