Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Also a few hundred dollars of TF2 loot. I haven't logged into steam in years. Is there any good way I can turn this into real money?

I have never played CS:GO. Pretty much from 2012-2015 I was a loser who played videogames 40+ hours a week. Back then I didn't have any money, so I couldn't afford any new games. The steam marketplace was new at the time so I got really good at manipulating it. Basically, I would sit there refreshing it until I saw something that was selling below market value, buy it, and immediately relist it. Got good enough that I built up plenty of store credit to buy whichever games, and then I decided to buy stuff that I figured was cheap now but would be rare in the future. Turns out, I made some good buys.

I largely stopped gaming a few years ago, and these days I don't have a gaming computer. Whenever I play it's just on my switch. Is there any way I can turn this into quick cash? Like, steam just announced a new handheld device. Would it be possible to sell some of the loot and then buy that with just store credit so I can resell it for cash?

Looking for ideas tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ok cool you have a switch and dont play binding of isaak 40+ hours a week we are all super proud of you great job

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There should be a crossover market for weird sex gear, like maybe even poo poo you can use to play video games.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

ok cool you have a switch and dont play binding of isaak 40+ hours a week we are all super proud of you great job

I’ve also got 800$ worth of community sticker capsule 1s, which the steam marketplace is telling me has sold 234 in the last 24 hours

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I’ve got about $2400 worth of 2014 ESL sticker capsules, all of which are actively selling in the marketplace. What the gently caress do I need to do to turn this into real money

Please help

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
There is/was a goon who sold steam games to other goons with an extra discount. The goons paid via PayPal and he gifted the games with his store credit.

This takes effort though and you will lose whatever you give as the extra discount.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

sounds like you need to be more agile, OP

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Tarquinn posted:

There is/was a goon who sold steam games to other goons with an extra discount. The goons paid via PayPal and he gifted the games with his store credit.

This takes effort though and you will lose whatever you give as the extra discount.

Like, I understand it takes effort and I’ll lose money. But I want the cash.

There’s something called the valve index they’re selling for a grand. Is it possible to buy that in store credit? Because if I can, I could just buy a few of those and sell them on eBay for $750 each real quick

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Oh I wouldn't, op.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Ziv Zulander posted:

I’ve got about $2400 worth of 2014 ESL sticker capsules, all of which are actively selling in the marketplace. What the gently caress do I need to do to turn this into real money

Please help

Sell them in the marketplace?

I know nothing about Steam

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

have you tried fingering your butthole op?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"I sure as HELL don't play video games" shouts man requiring help to sell video games in a quest to purchase more game consoles. "Please help me buy more video games by selling these video games but also other than this, my future plans to buy more video games, and the video game console I currently own DON'T accuse me of playing video games because I don't."

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i have a single knife worth $1300 that i bought for 80 like 6 years ago. i also need to figure out how to liquidate that efficiently

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ziv Zulander posted:

Like, I understand it takes effort and I’ll lose money. But I want the cash.

There’s something called the valve index they’re selling for a grand. Is it possible to buy that in store credit? Because if I can, I could just buy a few of those and sell them on eBay for $750 each real quick

You could do that but the index isn’t coming out for a while. Also it could be a big piece of poo poo that nobody wants.

Your best bet is to just buy a few Valve VR kits and use whatever you have left selling games to goons IMO.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Index is the VR kit, reselling that might be vaguely fast if you can get in on a run. They go in and out of stock often.

Also sell your poo poo before you count your chickens. A lot of market movement is money laundering where they are only paying those "going rates" because it's the ID they are supposed to be laundering money to. They need to buy into new stock so you're going to get an inflated rate but I don't think it's as easy as just listing for the same price as the last 10 sales. I'm not a steam market expert I might be entirely wrong, but I remember hearing the whole thing is pretty hostile now if you aren't purposefully laundering money.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The true treasue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-2iaXCxgGE

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I have an Index, it's sweet. Get one of those, OP.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Sell each item for at least 30% cheaper than the lowest given price available on the steam market, use the steam funds to buy a shitload of destiny freemium bitcoins, sell steam account to a very friendly Russian

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't know anything about steam so I installed Augmented Steam and just listed 100 inventory items for like $0.04 each.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

OP should buy Bad Rats for everyone who replies to this thread.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

super sweet best pal posted:

OP should buy Bad Rats for everyone who replies to this thread.

I already have it. :smug:

When I had goon steam friends I would buy bad rats and gift it to them and they were not amused.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Logged into Steam saw OP playing hentai match four games

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

There should be a crossover market for weird sex gear, like maybe even poo poo you can use to play video games.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

they make other kinds of video games?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yeah OP's review history is full of hentai stuff, and the reviews themselves are quite disgusting, to put it lightly.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

same i checked the other night bnut its more like $300 or something

wish i never sold all my TF2 stuff lol i had so many hats

HODL!!!!! :2bong:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

also if you try to convert it to real money there is a huge chance of getting scammed.

try to buy a valve index or that new valve controller gamegear and convert that into real money OP

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
How are people buying them but you can't make real money? They use fake money? If so how do you know how much this stuff is worth?

Steam marketplace has always been a huge mystery to me. Like what even goes on there? I watched a video recently and I guess someone made money by buying all the cucumber emojis? I don't really get it, it's some weird poo poo

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Trade me all of it for some of those steam cards that randomly appear and do ???

And then I'll just give it all away because who cares about that nerd poo poo :smug:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I don't get it either all I know is that every few years I list a bunch of poo poo I've acquired without knowing how for 6 cents each and when it's all said and done I get seven bucks off my next purchase.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I don't get it either all I know is that every few years I list a bunch of poo poo I've acquired without knowing how for 6 cents each and when it's all said and done I get seven bucks off my next purchase.

This is what I just did today. So far no takers even though I set it all below the going price.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Listing all them nerd items on steam.

Sorry buddy, best we can do is three screeds from incels and a couple hentai game players posting "good boobs def buy".

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

if you want cash I think you need to go through a third party trading site. No idea which are legit though.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

These are all great questions you’ve asked here on the somethingawful.com forums OP. But now I have a question for you: what the hell is steam?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Out of curiosity I checked my csgo skins and I have about $200 worth. I have absolutely no memory of how or when I would have gotten them.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
do you have a Force-a-Nature OP please I need one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Lol, I went to start selling today and because I had to gently caress around with steam guard to get access back to my account, I’m locked out for 15 days. Oh well, not much to be done other than wait

Closing the thread for now