Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
"Fire and Ice" is like the art on the side of someone's van got it's own movie. I like the part where a witch died in a fire and the hero rolls up and has a chat with her skeleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

So Brad Pitt was trapped in Cool World for like 50 years. Do you think he has to jack it every now and then? Is that potentially catastrophic given the doodle rules? How do I get to Cool World?

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Your adult cartoon has a greater chance at getting made if it has a standup comedian or someone from SNL propping it up. Also if your characters have tiny pupils, lower eyelids and a B^U face in general.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

OP only updates this thread when not boning a doodle.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Brad Pitt is about to become a Doodle Runner now that Holli's a skinjob.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Whoa mama! :stwoon:

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Every wide shot looks like a point and click adventure game. Especially Toonstruck which may as well be a Cool World game.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Mr.Chill posted:

Was a spike of power mentioned previously?

This movie doesn't seem to do setups and payoffs for the most part, but yeah it's the thing that brought Brad Pitt to the Cool World originally.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

So far the greatest impact this film has had is that all of us are ritualistically absorbing it at about 20 seconds of footage a day for months and I don't know what will fill this void when we hit the end. Where can we get more Cool World?

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

The Bloop posted:

I love love the backstory intro in Wizards

The worldbuilding is random as gently caress though, nothing makes a drat bit of sense

Wizards is just "What if Saruman found old Nazi propoganda reels". That's all you need.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

He's finally free from having to be in more of the movie "Cool World"

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Surely Bakshi is this close to running out of money. Unless we have 40 more minutes of color tinted live action and they try to pass it off as animation.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Remember that blue greaser guy with the fries? Seems like the movie was setting him up to be a major character but he's just absent now.

Edit: lol. Ok not a greaser I guess. I have no idea what the hell this is. Mobster?

Sourdough Sam fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 17, 2021

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He didn’t murder his wife he murdered the guy she was in bed with.

I'm thinking he killed the personality that killed his wife after he killed his wife.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

This movie could have been about Jack literally re-animating his dead wife, who would be played by Kim Basinger in flashbacks but she wreaks cartoon havoc in the real world like some kinda Pet Sematary thing or Frankenstein and has to be hunted down.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

I actually kinda dig this incoherent-rear end ghostbusters climax so far.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Not that I want to defend lazy storytelling but I think Super Jack saying the obvious kinda reminds me of how superheroes on old comic covers would describe with dialogue exactly what is being depicted visually. Anything this movie gets right is entirely accidental though.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

The "Cool World" Movie is in it's final throes and I hope OP comes in to put a wacky cartoon bullet in it soon.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Holli got a cape between scenes I guess. Just gotta let these things happen now.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

RunningOnEmpty posted:

God, please, tell me someone has scans of the backgrounds. They are so much better than any of the foreground art in this entire train wreck. There were a few earlier in the thread, but i need more.

I found this thread on Twitter a while ago that has some raw images and a couple sketches from the backgrounds.

https://twitter.com/thatsgoodweb/status/1422190566570348550?t=3Jz93TrqUrmlNaF2taWW2g&s=19

https://twitter.com/thatsgoodweb/status/1422193647047647232?t=RUlqyuRdPqOb08nejroF6A&s=19

https://twitter.com/thatsgoodweb/status/1422198911553441795?t=uXAEiB0_o183jTcXgkEd2Q&s=19

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

RunningOnEmpty posted:

More work went in to these than the entire movie.

It's a shame, in a better movie these would be iconic, but lmao. Too cool for cool world.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

We're so close to some "Cool" denouement that I don't even care that the doctor can hop back into the cool world at will, despite the laborious sealing the rift sequence.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

No that's not Brad Pitt, it's something different. Sometimes dead is better.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Waiting for the real twist as Brad fucks his toon wife we cut to his dying body on the beaches at Normandy.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

So we get the Bowie song in the credits right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU9-gTkYjVg

It's not bad, but it sounds like something he could knock out on a weekend. I wonder if they even asked if he wanted to see the movie first?

"It's called Cool World? Got it. See you monday."