Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Stryder posted:

You have just described every single Ralph Bakshi film. Also, I just looked it up and HOLY poo poo he's still alive!

Edit: His last project was a short in 2016 called The Last Days of Coney Island, funded by Kickstarter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4iphUqShM

this sucked poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

there will be no disrespect shown toward bakshi in this thread or you're all going straight to the cool world. he's nine hundred years old and lives in the desert.

Can I at least deeply resent Stryder for posting that cursed video, and myself for watching it

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Ralph Bakshi checking on all of us in the shadow realm Cool World

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say this thread is the best thing that ever resulted from Ralph Bakshi

When I googled "Ralph Bakshi" This was the 2nd image and I wasnt sure what to feel about it

Still gonna read the rest of the Cool World posts tho

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
did Bakshi design Birdo? He seems to draw a lot of characters with essentially the same head shape/features

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I was obsessed with WFRR as a kid and watched it on repeat until the VHSs broke, but Jessica's weird body always freaked me out and it still does

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
This is the weirdest version of Pinocchio i've ever seen

I'm still unclear if Brad Pitt knows that doodle/noid sex causes realness and doesnt want this to happen, or if someone else told him that you shouldnt gently caress doodles and he just blindly accepted it as a rule that must be enforced. If he did know, how? Has this happened before to grave consequences?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Ice Phisherman posted:

A cartoonist

is a shameful cartoonist.

:haibrow:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

goatface posted:

DP'd by a doodle and a noid to see what happens.

you become CGI

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Warbird posted:

What is it with GBS and horndog drawings?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

barbecue at the folks posted:

So we've seen the world, when do we get to the cool part

Did you not see that some of the buildings are wearing sunglasses?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Tarkus posted:

Also, sounds like people manage to make it there on occasion. who? and when?
Is the cool world the source of cartoons or are human invented cartoons what created Cool World?
How long has cool world existed?
What happens to that cartoon gangster dude with the glasses? You never see him again after a certain point, only his henchmen.

Cool world used to be in cave painting and egyptian fresco style but has updated over time, what we see here is the edgy 90s comic book phase. Current Cool World is a Steven Universe/Sonic the Hedgehog/anime mix

During the middle ages it was over run with giant snails, old babies, and sword wielding rabbits, those were dark times for Cool World

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Let Holli be a milf

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I dunno, I'd definitely bone Drew Barrymore, then or now

I hope you're under 46

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

MEIN RAVEN posted:

For another 10 years baby :cool:

Then I will accept your Drew Barrymore crush as innocent

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I need to see how cool this world can get

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

drat this bitch loves hot sauce

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Jesus christ is this the original sound? Does the movie sound like this???

if not, nvm

if so, what the gently caress

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

The Moon Monster posted:

Sure it's all laughs now but will this world still be cool when that building gets lung cancer?

Even cooler, thats how you get buildings like the middle one

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Olympic Mathlete posted:

the soundtrack was decent

This is what hell sounds like

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

"a doodle's gotta eat!" she replied.

DO they??? I guess that answers why the gorilla had an anus

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Das Boo posted:

At a glace, I thought the dude on the left was surprisingly modern for Cool World. Something like this:

But then I realized it was just some guy beating a boob lady.

Would be cooler like that. The styles in Cool World all look like they're from the 30s, except Holli. I guess it effectively makes her stand out, but I think she'd still stand out if there were a few 60s-80s styles bopping around.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I hate that now that we have the right technology to do a great job of a "real life crossed over with 2D animation" movie Hollywood has become too weak to back anything creative and weird.They even 3Dified Space Jam which like, 80% of movies that arent romcoms/hallmark specials these days are already characters interacting with CGI so it wasnt exactly special.

Its also weird to me that like 90% of the background characters are like loony tunes/tex avery style, even bakshi's own style is basically absent. There are a bunch of forms that he repeats a lot in his own work that are almost completely absent here with only a few sort of 'almosts' like with Holli's goons

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

I think hes just icing doughnuts (not technically nsfw?)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Well, alright I guess I should watch this, though reading about it in a thread like htis would probably be more fun

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Holy poo poo I just went to that Fire and Ice movie on youtube to skip around because I was curious what the art actually looked like since some of the movies like LOTR and Wizards have loving tons of weird looking/filtered live action segments and BAM

rear end

Two fat man-cheeks right in my face.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Fire and Ice is what Game of Thrones is based on right?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mr.Chill posted:

24 hours and no update gotta keep this thread alive.
It seems that Cool World has only two options of things to do - going to night clubs and killing one another on the street. Do you think this world has other venues? A chess club perhaps? Rehab centers? Farms? What else might exist in this World of Cool that we aren't being shown?

Lonette said "doodles gotta eat" so im assuming the food must come from somewhere, there was also a disney style rabbit, which I assume probably lives in some idyllic woodland or farm setting, so im assuming this is just Cool World new york and at some distance maybe other comic/cartoon regions exist

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Yeah, see? There are clearly nicer places that can be visited/interacted with, at the very least by the doodles. I bet thats where all the disney farmland is

And dont say its just a painting/backdrop, all the environments are just paintings/backdrops, its no less valid a location than the sneering sunglass-wearing buildings

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I like the ghost

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

coronatae posted:

I think sometimes about Holli Would's rotoscoped dancing scene and feel like it must have looked super dorky irl

I cant stop thinking about the sound of that scene

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mr.Chill posted:

Out of curiosity, what DID you think the music sounded like?
Obviously not the grating 90's trash that they chose, but you seemed genuinely surprised by it.

I'm not sure? I guess I was expecting either a more old timey musical situation due to the old timey tex avery wolves and cats making up 80% of the patrons, or more like the bassy club music from Blade/the Matrix/other 90s films. Maybe I'm thinking too late 90s?

I wasnt expecting the scene to have such a weird sinister cacophony of like 5 different songs(?) overlaid with what sounds like radio/tv clips, weird screaming, and whatever the hell world music sounding vocals show up when Holli gets closer to the dude, its really overwhelming.

I think its the screaming that gets me though, it freaks me out for some reason. I think there was a similar scream or sound in the Princess Mononoke soundtrack when the forest spirit becomes all scary and starts blob-killing people and that movie scared the poo poo out of me as a kid so its probably that lol.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
having humans as live action, doodles as 2D, and the horrible hybrid child is ready player one style CGI would be cool

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Both of the right hand side look like paula deen

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
paula deez nuts

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
You know, thank god he's just into generic big tiddy blondes and not some weirdo deviantart poo poo

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Wait, did she take human form because she was drawn human, or because she hosed a human? If he was in love with the purple gorilla instead would it have turned human, or into a live action gorilla?

How does the magic work?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

goatface posted:

I think it would be the real life equivalent. So it would be a real gorilla.

I don't know what would happen if he hosed the spider-man. A spider the size of a man? Peter Parker? A spider the size of a realistic large spider that explodes on his dick as it turns real?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

he knelt on the road, where the chalk outline of nails stood testament to his death. sparks knelt beside him and belched in his face.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Its a swan, its not a snake!