Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

I've never seen this before and it's somehow turning out more horny than I expected

Bakshi is like a horny elemental, Fire and Ice might bre the horniest movie of the 80's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Seriously though fire and ice is one of the horniest movies ever made

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lol that Lonette was very obviously designed with the intent of having Jennifer Tilly play her but they couldn't pull it

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bismuth posted:

Can I at least deeply resent Stryder for posting that cursed video, and myself for watching it

my thought upon watching that was, "it's not Ralph Bakshi's best work" :lmao:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Brad pitt wasn't in PCU

Are you saying Brad Pitt never heard an old woman yell BLOW ME WHERE THE PAMPERS IS

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

punishedkissinger posted:

this might not blow anyones mind but i just watched Wizards and Bakshi is some kind of sex pervert insane person i think

The villain in fire and ice is a gay dude who sits in a throne and cums super hard and it advances a giant glacier every time he cums.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mr. Lobe posted:

Haha what

I guess technically he's "performing a magic ritual" but it sure looks and sounds like a dude lobbing ropes

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I woke up one saturday morning earlier this summer, cracked a beer, woke my lady up and told her I was going to show her the horniest movie of the 1980's.

"You're full of poo poo," she said, then I put on Fire and Ice.

As the credits rolled, she said, "this is one of the most bonkers-horny movies I have ever seen."

Watch Fire and Ice if you like this thread.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I have been posting about fire and ice itt stone cold since day one and y'all are finally realizing what a monsterpiece it is

perepelki posted:

the orc analogues are called "subhumans" and they don't even look fantastical in any way, they just look like ugly dark-skinned men, and they run around threatening rape on everything and grunting like monkeys. for that i blame frazetta, though we must not speak ill of the dead.
Love me some Frazetta but you are absolutely correct on this entire account. I will speak ill of the dead, though, as much as I love Frazetta he was a piece of trash.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 12, 2021

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

perepelki posted:

bakshi loves frazetta to this day :unsmith:

My favorite band is High on Fire, I probably love Frazetta as much as Bakshi

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Fire & Ice featuring Axe Batman

Different mask, same dude

https://youtu.be/MK2qBEvP2uk

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bismuth posted:

Fire and Ice is what Game of Thrones is based on right?

If you read movie reviews, Dune is based on the first 1/3 of star wars combined with game of thrones, so absolutely

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Stryder posted:

I remember it because HBO paired it with their Spawn animated show, as some kind of push into "adult animation" that everyone was jumping on after the runaway success of South Park. I think I watched the first episode because I remember the disembodied hands of the bongo player.

Oh! I actually found a picture of me and my friends on the couch, reacting to it.

I'm very thankful that Sealab and Aqua Teen successfully filled the adult animation niche the way they did before HBO could successfully "prestige" animation the way they did TV shows.

Spawn was good but man, if they got another shot at that poo poo and it was successful, everything getting money would be Venture Bros. and those guys can't be assed to make a 8 episode season of a show every 10 years.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's two guys pretty much writing it when time allows who gives a poo poo lol

That's cool they shouldn't eat payroll and people's time while they sit around producing fuckall for a decade at a time

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mr.Chill posted:

How much of this movie was first draft and how much was milled over for weeks to get exactly the right artistic vision?

Yes

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I've honestly played around with doing a fire and ice thread, but fire and ice is so thin on meat and heavy on shots of half-naked people WITHOUT all the bizarre cool world poo poo that I just don't feel like it would work

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

Fire and Ice owns though, just get all the best shots of Axe Batman and Twink King

yeah I might just do that, plus every one of the 20+ times the female protagonist gets captured so the story has a plot

Colonel Cancer posted:

Although I might be mixing in Heavy Metal here :thunk:

you are certainly not as I have watched both within the last 6 months

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

a fire and ice thread would be scuttled for hornyposting before the first act break

this is also true

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Best character in the movie, hands down

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Das Boo posted:

OP mundanely and very literally describing a scene really ups the wtf ante. My favorite bits are the, "Meanwhile, things were happening in the Cool World. This was happening. That was happening." It's the most accurate and honest description possible.

Things were happening.

It's really the only way to accurately tell the lovely story of this bad movie, and it made the thread very :discourse:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dr. Whiskers huh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ventral EggSac posted:

It's weird that they had sex, she turned into human, then after a while she started turning back into doodle, and they were immediately like 'spike of power'. Um, hello, just have more sex, drinking makes me drunk and then after a while I'm not drunk anymore, but the solution is not to climb a fucken brewery

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bula Vinaka posted:

Script seems to be lots of different people changing things. It's like they couldn't even decide on a main character, so they put two of them in (Jack / Frank). And there's lots of parts that seem like someone such as the production designer saying to the producer or director, "that looks like crap, change it to this," and they do, without any regard to what it does to the coherency of the story.

I'm not sure this movie "could" have been great, but it probably could have been a lot better than what was produced.

This movie had all the makings of a bad story, alas,

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Moon Monster posted:

"Vegas Vinnie" has got to be Dr. Baby, right?

lol yes

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Imo gool world would cross over well to cool world

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

me itt

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Brad Pitt gets laid.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Management posted:

No, seriously, what the gently caress is happening?

Brad Pitt is just about to get laid.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

barbecue at the folks posted:

I wonder: when Brad Pitt writes his memoirs, will he divulge what went through his head when he was on the set of Cool World?

"I turned into a cartoon so I could get laid."
- Brad Pitt's memoirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

rip to a real one