Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whoa you did it prof, you are the man.

I will get a photo of my PS3 collection up in a bit. I probably have over 500 digital games but a pretty solid physical collection too to which I just recently added Yakuza Kenzan and GTA4 complete edition to.

My real issue was I had six DS3s and none of them were working. Most of them had random inputs happening all the time. Turns out you can open them up and put a shim under the ribbon cable so it makes better contact and they totally work great again so now I have 4 working DS3s again!

They are a pretty meh controller though, but if you hate em that much a DualSense works really well with the PS3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PS1-4 shelves (and Demon's Souls PS5) along with some other rando stuff. Clearly I started going mostly digital at this point, but I am enjoying my recent PS3/4 physical media purchasing spree I have been on.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Casnorf posted:

Did you get that cubivore recently?

Nope got is used ages ago (there is still a faded GameStop receipt in the case) but then I just found out it’s worth hundreds of dollars so I had pulled it out to see what sort of shape it was in

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Casnorf posted:

I sold one without a manual for $500 not too long ago and that one looks enough like the one I sold that, whoo, wouldn't that be a small world. Just woulda been super odd.

drat!

No I would never pay that much for a game because I am not a crazy person

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for PS3 Move games? Any of the Lightgun ones good?

I've got a couple of Moves for PSVR, and was curious if it's worth picking up a Navigation Controller and Eye camera to try some of the old PS3 games that support it.

Tumble is cool, Dead Space light gun game and RE light gun games are good too. The Shoot is ok.

Sports Champions 1 and 2 are passable Wii Sports type stuff

Oh and of course Heavy Rain

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

To be honest if I was looking for a dildo I think a Move would be way better than a Wiimote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

dildo not buttplug op

drat maybe we are going to threademies in the PS3 thread too

I was in a local Play It Again Sports this morning looking to see if anyone had found my disc golf disc I threw in a lake (as well as turning in the 18 other discs I found when I was trying to find mine), and when I was looking through the bins there were a bunch where someone had written the name "dildo baggins" on the bottom which made me chuckle and this seems like an appropriate time to share that story

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I have been playing PS3 New Vegas on the same save for the last 7 years on and off, I play a bit and get sick of it for a few months and then go back. The best part is seeing how big the save is getting every time I reload

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

here's the list of random PS4 games I have saved from CEX to pick up over the next few months, I'm gonna try to get in to an actual store soon cos they charge €2 shipping per item so sometimes the postage costs more than the games

Lair for €2.50 :eyepop:

How are those 007 games on the PS3?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I dare you to play the PS2 version of The Simpsons Game. It's pretty loving dire compared to the X360/PS3 version.

Hit and Run? I played that on the PS2 fairly recently and it was much words than I remembered

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

didn’t realise this could be played solo until just now. Might have to add it to the awful games list 👀👀👀

Ditto!

Hopefully it’s just like MP and you just bog down in some corridor endlessly killing and getting nowhere

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I put my MAG disc in the other day and you can’t do anything with that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was all set to play Dead Space next on the PS3 but I guess I should wait. I stopped my Mass Effect 1 play through because the remaster was coming and now I have no interest in getting that.

I thought I had Max Payne 3 but I don’t see it anywhere so maybe I need to prof it up and grab that and Mercenaries 2 and maybe Singularity and Wet that I kinda wish I had in the collection

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kirios posted:

Where's my PS2 thread? I need to talk about Gitaroo Man.

It's really loving hard! But still awesome.

All this Metal Gear talk has made me fire up the MGS Database on the PS3 (with MGS4 save there to unlock the hidden parts). I don't think that uses the analog buttons at least.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

you gotta sell that copy and make bank

Casnorf sell me Folklore and some other PS3 games.

This thread is going to make me go broke.

kirbysuperstar posted:

It definitely was at some point because that's how I bought and played it

Yeah I own it digitally but it did leave the store a couple years ago for whatever reason

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Thanks. Any tips for opening it up completely?

Be careful not to lose the little spring for the triggers, but otherwise its just 5 screws and some prying. The top part with the shoulder and trigger buttons is a little different based on the revision but that is the most likely place for things to come apart when you are opening it.

Many of my DS3s had an issue with random inputs. I solved that on all of them by adding some shims under the ribbon cable on the main board so it made better contact with its receptor, I highly recommend doing that if you are opening it and have noticed any random inputs, particularly if they show up when you squeeze or twist the controller.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

bowmore posted:

My collection, sorry about the bad photo

Ohhh a disc version of Puppeteer. Excellent

I saw Folklore at a 2nd and Charles used game place by me last week, they wanted $65 with the case which I guess is maybe reasonable these days.

They didn’t have most of my list of PS3 discs I want though. I guess I gotta hit eBay. Or Casnorf

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

everyones ps3 game collection look the same

Lies.

I did not see John Daly’s Pro Stroke Golf in anyone’s collection but mine

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah beanpole how’s it feel to get called out on your lovely lies

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah beanpole how’s it feel to get called out on your lovely lies

Not seeing many Hakuna Matata’s or import Motorstorm 3 Apocalypses either

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Konami are shutting down the online for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain on PS3 and Xbo 360 on May 31st, 2022.

The game currently has an online trophy so if for some reason you still want to platinum it on the older consoles, get busy.

Oh no! I wish I could figure out why my PS3 won’t get online at my house.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

These posts are reminding me that I forgot to order al the PS3 games I was thinking about getting. Perhaps now is the time?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:effort: of those PS2 spines

wtf why is that new SMB in there ruining everything and not with its wii friends. The gamecube ones I can forgive I guess

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

My connection won’t connect to the internet, or specifically the new modem, it keeps timing out. Is it just a sign my PS3 is old and busted or some weird thing that comes with it being two console gens old.

Also poo poo, I kinda feel bad cause there’s like twenty games that haven’t been ported or remastered to the PS4/Switch, my old ally is finally become obsolete. :( at least there’s still the Ratchet and Clank games they’re never gonna remaster/reremaster.

My PS3 won’t see the router in my house via wifi or hard wiring, but at a friends house it connects right to the internet just fine. Never been able to puzzle out why

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I have a launch PS3 that connects just fine to my router via wifi, LAN cable and even to a TP-Link powerline extender. I'm sure that it's an issue with your router most likely.

Most likely… but what makes it even weirder is that I can’t even tether it to my phones wifi In my house, but again if I take it to a friends house I can tether and/or connect to their router. So maybe it’s something really weird in my house that is killing the network board in the PS3. The router is a generic super common Comcast provided router which tons of people have so I just don’t get it.

The wifi will work for about 20 seconds when you turn it on and then it just ceases to even see any hotspots. Probably one of the oddest network issues I have ever seen

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Guillermus posted:

THE PLAYSTATION THREE DOESN'T HAVE GAMES

Well it has Flow... and... well that was about it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

it looks cool tbh.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I started playing Call of Juarez: Gunslinger again and I forgot how much just pure fun that game is with a hilarious story.

Thinking about trying to make it all the way through Deadly Premonition finally

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

It really is.

Biggest slight it has is how many shmup levels it has. Just feels a bit like padding.

Still fun though.

Down to two trophies left on it, will be leaving one to grab the plat for after Elden ring. Gotta see if there's another good game I can finish on the ps3.

I nominate... El Shaddai

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

this is the gooniest vid of all time lol :five:

“We are going to rate every game on a scale of 1 to 1080p”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Undead nightmare would be fun! Seems like an October thing though