Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

how did they keep it on since roman times ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
very carefully

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lpzie posted:

how did they keep it on since roman times ??

Wood and oil? Like any other fire?

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic
They burn all the hair clippings from the swim teams. The Olympics smells terrible

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It's a tradition that dates from the nazi Olympics. It is a nazi flame.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

it went out during the London 2012 relay because of course it loving did, lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

it's sobering (& humbling!) to know most flames today were seeded from the great flame of olympics

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Thank you to the Lord Jesus Christ for this flame.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Lpzie posted:

it's sobering (& humbling!) to know most flames today were seeded from the great flame of olympics

Including the following one. gently caress you, bitch!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I am older and stronger than this flame and I will fight any person who says otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They add fuel to it OP. Hope that helps.