Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
OG3rd pls

j/k 30 looks great and i know the they just started development for the next OGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I think we've had SRWs that declared Getter Emperor as the Spiral Nemesis.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Am I loving up in X by basically never fielding Wataru or anybody else from his initial appearance in X as long as other characters/mechs are available?

I'm still early in the game and chose to stay on the Ground party instead of going to space, is why I'm asking.

I never bothered fielding Wataru in X and did fine op.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

Gundam is probably the second most popular mecha series in the west behind Evangelion, but I guess mecha in general is fairly niche. I think that's largely true in Japan as well, though.

If we're talking mainstream recognition it's probably Transformers -> Voltron -> Gundam.

In the anime community it's more Eva -> Gurren Lagann -> Gundam.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Ethiser posted:

Didn’t they say they want to keep IBO as a DD exclusive for a while or is that just an internet rumor?

I dunno about exclusive but they did debut IBO in DD probably to draw attention to that game.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The MD script isn't good but it's hardly illegible. You can understand what people are saying pretty easily. The actual problem is that MD's story is pretty convoluted and requires you to keep track of what a bunch of different factions are up to and plot elements from 2-3 previous games that haven't received an official translation.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

We got some SRW 30 gameplay from TGS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mslNn3p85gw

Some interesting stuff here, like Kouji starting in the Ichinana and Kamille in the Gundam Mk-II. But the weirdest thing is that Ryoma starts in Daikessen's Shin Getter Dragon, which I expected would be his final upgrade like in T. That said, no Hayato or Benkei, and Ryoma's lines seem to be mostly him complaining about being alone. He may be a sociopath but he has his support group and it hurts when they aren't there, it seems.

That said that does mean OG Getter Robo isn't in which saddens me, but oh well.

The new UI looks pretty slick but man I hate the fade to black between attacks. It looks cheap, and it wasn't a thing before, I don't get why it's there.

I really hope the Getter upgrade in this game isn't just getting Hayato and Benkei back and their 2 extra attacks, that would be lame as gently caress.

Maybe we'll get full Liger and Poseidon forms, or something out of left field like a totally new Getter or a playable Arc, but I'm not holding my breath for any of that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't know how these games work are they not linear?

30 in particular is going to be semi-nonlinear, presumably with chapter selects.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Finding SRW OGs attack compilation videos on Youtube is why I'm a mecha fan today and was a weirdly formative experience for me.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

No Nightengale? Lame.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Levantine posted:

I dislike preordering anything but I have my super mega ultimate robo edition or whatever ready to go on Steam. I'm currently getting my custom music library ready for gametime!

Reading up on some of the mechanics on Akurasu Wiki, the MxC point stuff in the ship look interesting. Seems like there's a lot to spend points on there and the parts you can get from it look pretty busted. I like that they seem to have additional effects if paired with other parts.

Is Steam letting you preload already? I bought from GMG and still haven't gotten my key yet.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I still haven't gotten my key from GMG, what the hell!!! :livintrope:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I bought a pre-order off GMG too because of the sale and didn't get the pre-order content order either and am pissed. I submitted a ticket on their customer service and hope to get at least a refund because their store page and Twitter were advertising the pre-order bonus.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I finished the first stage as Az, I should be able to use her BGM as Edge now right?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

I also got my 'they're investigating' reply from GMG. I don't even feel like playing until its fixed.

Apparently they're just handing out refunds for this, because keys for just the pre-order bonus don't exist.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I can't believe they included Can't Stop, the loving Getter Robo Daikessen OP song, arguably the best Getter song, though that might be premium sound only.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Willo567 posted:

Good to hear that GMG players are gonna get their Preoder DLC

There's still no guarantee that Bamco won't just say "we don't have any codes lol gently caress off", but here's hoping.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I did one of those relic missions where you have to kill 4 enemies with 1 unit in 1 player phase pretty early and now Ryoma's like 15 levels above everyone else.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Heads up to people who ordered from GMG, there should be a second key in your purchase history that lets you download the Pre-Order bonuses now. I redeemed that key and have the Pre-Order DLC listed in Steam now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

So ridiculous ExC extra action shenanigans are still in and even expected if some Relic missions are any indication. Who's the unit with the broken MAP weapon to abuse that to clear entire stages of trash, or did they "fix" that aspect?

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 30, 2021

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The deployment slots are absolutely not enough for me and now I've been benching all the second stringers AND Shin Getter Dragon because it's so much above the rest of the crew.

Also I haven't gotten the special Midorikawa dialogue because both Gridman and Cybuster are too strong to need Support Attacks.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

Having done it myself, I believe the only missable requirement is that Shadow-maru must defeat Kagero personally, probably both times. While Multi-Shift Attack has unique dialog, it's unlikely a specific attack is required. Getting the line from Todo about Kagero's Super AI is the indicator you successfully set the flag. Finishing the Super Build Tiger mission is a prerequisite, but I don't think you'll ever be locked out as long as you complete it before it goes away forever (if it ever does, I'm not sure), so if it sticks around past Battle for Ceres, you're likely safe. Return of the Mirage simply won't show up unless you've unlocked Kagero (that's what the mission's title alludes to, "Kagero" being Japanese for "mirage"), so once the mission shows up, you're good to go from that point onward.

I did use Shadowmaru to beat Kagero both times, but didn't use the Multi-Shift attack, and I didn't get the special dialogue. I also did the Super Build Tiger mission after the Battle of Ceres. I still unlocked the Return of the Mirage mission. I think only the first step is necessary.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I got a custom line for if you have Van attack Anti in the Super Build Tiger stage: Hey I'm ruining your duel with Gridman!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I'd just say increase the number of deployment slots and enemy counts but that would probably make stages take too long. I'm already pushing 45+ minute stages when counting pre and post dialogue, less than half way into the game.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

well you can basically run whatever / whomever you want. this is a series where if you power up a hero enough they can solo stages. so my advice is to just play your favs or play with themes

I mean the problem is that I can't run whomever I want because there's too many of them and not enough slots.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I just got to the Char recruitment stage and people weren't kidding about how great it is, even Mr. Nice Guy Koji Kabuto wants to loving murder him.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

When do you unlock the 3rd Gold mission? I did the first 2 but got told to go back to Santiago, but there's no new mission there.

Is it bugged?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

If anyone's hurting for kills for some of the secrets (especially 100 kills for L Gaim), kick down the difficulty to easy or normal, and solo deploy on a front with a resupplier.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Honestly I like the more freeform system, it seems to allow for a lot more content in general. I personally don't mind the Emergency Missions, but a way to improve it is to crib from Monster Hunter's Urgent Quest system. Where missions and unlocks are tiered, and you have to do certain key missions to unlock The Plot One which beating lets you access the next tier of missions and unlocks. But you can gently caress around with side missions in the interim as much as you want.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Also one great thing, if that secret Pastebin is totally accurate, is that there's no secrets tied to having a certain number of Ace Pilots, so I can use all those Proud Ace skills the game is giving me for free willy nilly.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kchama posted:

Wait, why would That mean you can't use those Proud Ace skills? If there was a secret for it it'd mean you'd be using them even more willy nilly.

Because I wouldn't have to save some Proud Ace skills or PP for if I was short some right before a cut off. I think I had to to do that for either V or X.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

So Gridman has just become a complete monster now. I can drat near solo entire maps with him as enemies just explode on contact attempting to "battle" him and it's absolutely hilarious to watch.

Same but with Shin Getter Dragon, Uso in the V2, Amuro, any of the Mazingers, or any of the OG units.

There's lots of OP poo poo in this game, though nothing so far on the level of the Yamato or some of the crazier ExC MAPW spam units from the VTX games just yet.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Hellioning posted:

L-Gaim is a Tomino thing, so dumb names are a given.

Full Flat is a name uncontested until Full Frontal.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Endorph posted:

The amount of voiced dialogue in this game is insane, incidentally. All the J-Decker guys say Zagato's under arrest for kidnapping.

Tohru Furuya saying "GaoGaiGar" in his Amuro voice is loving hilarious to me.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Supremezero posted:

He doesn't pretend in the slightest to anyone that he's not Char, he just kind of needs the Quattro look to actually, yknow, go around and do anything without getting mobbed.

Incidentally Lulu always puts on his Zero outfit in public situations for the same reason.

To be fair, GaoGaiGo is pretty new, and it's entirely possible Combattler started while Code Geass season 1's plot was going on anyway, since it's also relatively new here.

There was some throwaway line about Mazinger Z resisting Britannia, but in general Britannia seems to have been a much less powerful force in the 30-verse.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Why are L-Gaim MKII animations so good? What the hell! I think it even had some simple changes for stuff like air to ground attacks.

Kinda wish it kept the Attack Sequence move, that was the coolest.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I love the Posaydal grunts. They don't get paid enough to be waylaid to another solar system to fight an army of op protagonist robots, and they know it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Nuebot posted:

What's the difference? Hornboy joined me, we fought magister in his jojobot and then he took his mask off to reveal all of the Quaesters were just clones of him and then getter shine sparked him until he gave up and died. Then some mystery enemies showed up for no reason but I have no real reason to fight them because there's nothing left in the game to do.

I think if you let Caruleum join you it locks you into the Normal ending no matter what. You need to have the scales tip more to the left and refuse his offer to join you.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

So does getting the RyuKohOh/KohRyuOh delete anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

it's obviously there for pervin' purposes but at the same time i bet it would feel pretty cool to just boost around in space like that

As someone who's actually ridden sportbikes, there is zero reason to have anything with a sportbike seating position that isn't a sportbike.