Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I wish more trailers were like this tbqh

Yea, how many times is some movie's ending or twist spoiled by the trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Imagining a TV trailer for Empire Strikes Back that just splices in "Luke, I am your father" in the middle of other attention-grabbing "thrill to..." scenes

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

yeah decent trailer. i don't like the music but i needed a bit of a 'what was happening in this show again' and now I remember.

I liked season 1 of this. It wasn't amazing but it was more than enough of a cool fantasy adventure for me to enjoy so I'll be back just to see what places they go next.

Not a fan of rand's buzz cut though. Makes him look too much like an everyday modern guy, but it looks like it is here to stay cos he has it in every single shot.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Rand needs a soul patch to complete that 00's douchebag default protagonist look.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Roll it back a couple years, he needs JTT hair

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jimbot posted:

Rand needs a soul patch to complete that 00's douchebag default protagonist look.

Add a lip ring and frosted tips and you're on

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Data Graham posted:

Imagining a TV trailer for Empire Strikes Back that just splices in "Luke, I am your father" in the middle of other attention-grabbing "thrill to..." scenes

You think that's crazy, you should check out the old trailer for The Godfather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x0GpEZnwa8

It's mostly a bunch of still shots of the entire movie. Major character deaths are shown. It's wild how much they used to show in trailers.

Granted, it's based on what was an extremely popular book at the time. But still, plenty of people seeing the movie wouldn't have read the book, so showing the death of Sonny, or literally Moe Green dying from being shot in the eye, in the trailer is a choice.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 20, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ken Burns' The Godfather

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Add a lip ring and frosted tips and you're on

He only gets those the more he taps into the saidin.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

thrawn527 posted:

You think that's crazy, you should check out the old trailer for The Godfather.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x0GpEZnwa8

It's mostly a bunch of still shots of the entire movie. Major character deaths are shown. It's wild how much they used to show in trailers.

Granted, it's based on what was an extremely popular book at the time. But still, plenty of people seeing the movie wouldn't have read the book, so showing the death of Sonny, or literally Moe Green dying from being shot in the eye, in the trailer is a choice.

Yeah, back in the day it was common for a trailer to just be a two minute synopsis of the movie, possibly with a narrator being "See the shocking twist as...."

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Well, I am absolutely hype for the next season. I've never read the series, so I know nothing, but I just kept thinking, "Pretty images and awesome action. That's enough for me."

As for the song, I love Halsey's Control. The slowed-down version in the promo is okay, but I love the original more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Finally got off my duff and made a season 2 thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037435