Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

lmao. what a fuckin narc.

at least blackmail her, if you're going to be a huge piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

ask how and how you can get some as well

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
as an erstwhile ethicist, i feel the calculus invariably lands on "an ethicist would not be paid as a regular columnist in a mainstream publication in 2021"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Kenny Logins posted:

as an erstwhile ethicist, i feel the calculus invariably lands on "an ethicist would not be paid as a regular columnist in a mainstream publication in 2021"
It's basically just Miss Manners and people love that poo poo because it allows them to feel morally superior to other people.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

in case you wondered what the answer was

quote:

You’ve urged her to mend her ways, to no avail. At this point, you could tell her that you’ll report her hustle if she doesn’t give it up — but you’d also be justified in reporting her without giving her further notice.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/08/magazine/overemployed-work-ethics.html

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mystes posted:

It's basically just Miss Manners and people love that poo poo because it allows them to feel morally superior to other people.
this must absolutely be the case. except miss manners is actually not bad and fulfills a social function.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

narc poo poo.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

boooo what a turd ratting on a co-worker.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
what the gently caress

if the work is getting done in what possible universe is it morally correct to "report" someone for working

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pseudopresence posted:

This one is very cool and also "unforgivable waveforms" is going to be stuck in my head for a while

lament.cfg posted:

it's a great tagline for Rodtronics

it's the name of my music venture where I hope to stand on a street and fill the air with unforgivable waveforms while i wear hooded robe and try to look like a deranged wizard. thats the dream anyway. deranged middle aged wizard aesthetics

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mediaphage posted:

what the gently caress

if the work is getting done in what possible universe is it morally correct to "report" someone for working

breaking the rules is unethical

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ngl i'd be pissed if i recommended somebody and they pulled that poo poo

if i didn't have any skin in the game then obviously i wouldn't care. and i wouldn't actually report them because gently caress that, but it'd piss me off

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Achmed Jones posted:

if i didn't have any skin in the game then obviously i wouldn't care. and i wouldn't actually report them because gently caress that, but it'd piss me off

against my better judgement I clicked the link and the first two words made me immediately close the tab:

Business bigamy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

breaking the rules is unethical

it actually blows my mind when I meet people who think the rules per se matter, rather than the reasons for the rules

ie: if the rule exists for a good reason then sure, care about it, but caring about the rule simply because it’s the rule .. I can’t sympathise with that mindset whatsoever

in fact.. I hate those people. rule fascists can get hosed

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what are you not married to your job???

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

what was their sin? trying to survive this hellworld?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yes echi, trying to survive was their "sin."

loving hell dude

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

Business bigamy

lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

what are you not married to your job???

I help people where I can. sometimes I bend the rules to do so. I follow the rules where I have to like fill in the controlled drug register (and every other drat thing) but very little of it are things I’d say I care about.

But giving a poo poo about the rules??? i’d rather break them and have a party

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

if you can get away with doing 2 jobs more power to you. if you get your assigned work done who gives a poo poo. stack that paper

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that message was not to you. it was to rotor, who was talking about bigamy. it doesn't make any sense applied to you echi

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://i.imgur.com/DIOtsDx.mp4

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

yes echi, trying to survive was their "sin."

loving hell dude

:rolleyes: that’s probably just the reason she has two jobs, not what she did wrong

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

that message was not to you. it was to rotor, who was talking about bigamy. it doesn't make any sense applied to you echi

:supaburn:

nothing makes sense

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

IT'S A GIRL!!!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Video Nasty posted:

IT'S A GIRL!!!

lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
working is the worst . I hate every moment of it and it makes me so depressed
I used to think if I worked a job I gave a poo poo about that’s help but apparently not.

i’ve been a diabetic for 20 years already. some people are younger than that! my blood pressure resembles the bpm of happy hardcore. i’ll never get to retire

good on her for getting a bit ahead and giving herself a bright light at the end of the tunnel. god speed unknown lady

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

it actually blows my mind when I meet people who think the rules per se matter, rather than the reasons for the rules

my favorite formulation of this is "you should care about justice, not order."

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol
imagine if i had a heart attack today

typical since i’m sure i won 8 million in the lottery last night i just haven’t checked my numbers yet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

my favorite formulation of this is "you should care about justice, not order."

thanks for this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
some people think order is justice

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Video Nasty posted:

IT'S A GIRL!!!

lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

working is the worst . I hate every moment of it and it makes me so depressed
I used to think if I worked a job I gave a poo poo about that’s help but apparently not.

same. if I only had to work like 3 days a week it would probably be ok

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

some people think order is justice

it is actually fairly shocking how many people respond to that with "oh so you're just supposed to be free to decide which laws you'll follow and which you wont?!?" and it's just sort of amazing how many people dont have any kind of internal moral compass at all.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

its the monetization that makes it awful. "Do X or you can't have a home" really takes the shine off doing X.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

absolutely. I never get poo poo done in the weekend but if I have a three day weekend life starts to have colour again

honestly think my ideal job wouldn’t be one job. pharmacist a day or two. consult at the pharmacy software company. busk for a pittance. live at my gfs so life was cheaper. sit in one of those shared office spaces and find desperate people to make websites for and call myself “cool website” or something snazzy.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah for sure, you have to adjust things away from the parts you like to the parts that profit. Being forced to do it to live sucks major rear end

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

it is actually fairly shocking how many people respond to that with "oh so you're just supposed to be free to decide which laws you'll follow and which you wont?!?" and it's just sort of amazing how many people dont have any kind of internal moral compass at all.

unfortunately I suppose a lot of laws exist because of the minority that don’t have that compass

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

yeah for sure, you have to adjust things away from the parts you like to the parts that profit. Being forced to do it to live sucks major rear end

but is it worse than drudgery from a job you don’t enjoy at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Video Nasty posted:

IT'S A GIRL!!!