Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Rugby sevens is p good

Question from someone who doesn't know anything about rugby: do the guys playing on these teams also play "normal" rugby, or do people specialize in sevens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

wow drat isn't Australia supposed to be good

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

harperdc posted:

the Sevens format really is good for these kinds of tournaments -- the World Rugby Sevens Series is basically (in normal times) a series of weekend tournaments with stadiums full of crowds, usually in costumes and making beer snakes. the Hong Kong Sevens is a sight to see. I went to one of the couple years they had an event in Japan, and it was a bit chilly but the day was really fun (I think that round of the world series has now been moved to Singapore).

how hard is it to get tickets? if they do part of this in the US anytime next year I might have to go check it out

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

harperdc posted:

yep, Vegas hosted it before, San Diego (?) did in the past as well. I think if you sign up for emails from that World Rugby Sevens site it'll keep you informed on ticket information. I did much the same for Rugby World Cup tickets in Japan and it worked pretty well.

i am trying desperately to do this but apparently i can't figure out what format they want me to use for my birthday, i've tried all the ones i can think of and the form keeps telling me it's not a valid date!