Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

We had houses in my irl high school in scotland back in the early 00's

Nobody gave a poo poo about them though, and they meant absolutely nothing. So I dunno why jk rowling made them like the most important thing in the wizarding world. Probably because she's as dumb as a fart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

dee eight posted:

the hat shouts "HUFFLEHUFF!"

ready to witness

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

House Taco Bell!

Live Mas!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I imagine there are at least ten crossover fanfics of Harry Potter and The Breakfast Club.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Dean Fogg in the show is dope as gently caress, but I bet Dumbledore also did magic LSD all the time

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmzB_uVRsp0

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Xenocides posted:

Saw parents in a BDSM sex orgy.
“Gryffindor?!?!?!!?!”

Hmm... that's a tough one. The orgy tells me it should be in the jock house, but the bdsm tells me that kid might enjoy some time with the dudes that sleep in the dungeons.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Just be cautious of Snuff House. They never seem to retain student numbers for some reason.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hey, tobacco kills. For every aged wizard puffing on a pipe as long as they're tall, there's like 9 dead youngsters

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

sorting hat told me to go back to byob

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
wait A drat MINUTE

why wasn't Hermione put into RAVENCLAW

JK Rowling: Alright, my main characters are a Smart Girl, a Doofus, a Goody Two Shoes, and an Evil Dick. I have 4 houses... the Smart House, the Good House, the Doofus House, and the Evil House. Hmm. *thinking as hard as she possibly can* I'll put 3 of them into Gryffindor

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
JK only recognizes two houses despite the existence of others

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

hahaha GOD drat

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

dee eight posted:

the hat shouts "HUFFLEHUFF!"

Come out to spra-ay.

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Khanstant posted:

Seriously, I don't think there are are any major characters from the other 2

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Schlong Connery posted:

Seriously, I don't think there are are any major characters from the other 2

Luna Lovegood, the best character, is Ravenclaw :)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
*tugs collar* uhhhhh i mean i dunno anything about no wizard books

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The Magicians is terrible because basically everyone in the story is hedonistic assholes. It ruins the message of the story because everything is lovely when you are a hedonistic rear end in a top hat. There is only one likable character in the story. The TV show makes everyone way less terrible. Also, the show removes the creepy scene where everybody has sex as animals that was in the book.

The message of any wizard story is 'imagine you're a wizard, that's loving badass, whoa now you have even more powers, you are awesome, look at all this rad poo poo you could do with your powers'. ANY deviation from this is unforgivable and unpublishable.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Simone Magus posted:

wait A drat MINUTE

why wasn't Hermione put into RAVENCLAW

JK Rowling: Alright, my main characters are a Smart Girl, a Doofus, a Goody Two Shoes, and an Evil Dick. I have 4 houses... the Smart House, the Good House, the Doofus House, and the Evil House. Hmm. *thinking as hard as she possibly can* I'll put 3 of them into Gryffindor

If I remember right Hermione was offered Ravenclaw but chose Gryffindor. Basically the same way Harry was offered Slytherin and turned it down.

She tried to redeem the other houses later in the books but meh.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hufflepuff is where all the tuggers are right?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Once upon a time I was just a broke genius who always felt on the outside leading a boring live barely smashing at all, but then one warm summer day I got an iMessage saying you are wizard!!! I dropped my iPhone 12 Pro Max in shock, shattering the precision crystal-clear sapphire glass to bits. "Oh gently caress! I said. I dropped the phone!" but when I reached up to pick it up, the screen was brand new and I got a $100 free iTunes credit in my account! "This is amazing", I said as I explored the App Store, reading the reviews of all the cool apps I could buy. "I'm a wizard, who has $100 to spend in the App Store. But do I want to leave the life where I am comfortable and seek out the unknown to grow my powers and become more awesome?"

Just then I got a FaceTime from a girl wizard who has smoking hot boobs. "Hey I heard you're a wizard" she says, her voice crystal clear and her boobs popping in full Dolby Vision. "You should like, let me tutor you in the ways of magic, and like, have sex with me and other hot girl wizards". And I said '"I don't know if I want to leave the life that I have since I am comfortable". She said "Pfff if it is comfort that you are seeking wizards get free Steelcase chairs". I thought for a minute about Steelcase's superior adjustability and ergonomics and it really made up my mind. "Well okay, I said, but I hope I don't have to pay a terrible price for this power that I seek".

Unfortunately I did, but Apple Card lets you repay it over a year of several small interest free payment periods and even included free Apple TV+, so I could enjoy the antics of my favourite astronaut, Buzz Aldrin, on the alternate history cinematic series For All Mankind.

TO BE CONTINUED?!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The sorting hat is transphobic

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The hat sorts people it has never met before into different groups based on stereotypes. It is sanctioned segregation.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Sorting Scat, a huge pile of poo poo you sit on and it tells you whether you're inherently a neo Nazi or a worthless piece of poo poo (somehow different houses)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The Sort-Of Hat

you can wear it, you know, i guess. if you really want to.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Bet it's awkward for whoever has to clean that crusty hat when it starts guilt tripping them because they never amounted to anything in their life after they argued with the hat and chose the wrong house as an 11yr old.

Now here they are scrubbing the headmaster's jizz rag a brief seven years later because they thought "hufflepuff" would be a good life choice.

Wonder if the hat gets a salary 🤔

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 28, 2021

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

There should be a trashy US Southern Harry Potter instead of the up class one we have. Could be like Harry Potter and the Kidney Stone, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fireball, etc. like more relatable stuff to the salt of the earth.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Xenocides posted:

If I remember right Hermione was offered Ravenclaw but chose Gryffindor. Basically the same way Harry was offered Slytherin and turned it down.

She tried to redeem the other houses later in the books but meh.

Wait, the hat just suggests what house you go into? And most people decide to follow the advice of a piece of clothing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Every person who is obsessed with what house they would sort into would almost certainly sort into Hufflepuff.

hufflepuff is the only house you want to get sorted into anyway. your other choices are tryhards, workalohics, and lawful evil. the other choice is live next to the kitchens and get high while you're at school and afterwards never get a job because nobody wants lazy rear end hufflepuffs so your adulthood continues to be living next to the kitchen and getting high... seems like a no brainer imo

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Fur20 posted:

tryhards, workalohics, and lawful evil.

but enough about Gryffindor

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Slayerjerman posted:

Bet it's awkward for whoever has to clean that crusty hat when it starts guilt tripping them because they never amounted to anything in their life after they argued with the hat and chose the wrong house as an 11yr old.

Now here they are scrubbing the headmaster's jizz rag a brief seven years later because they thought "hufflepuff" would be a good life choice.

Wonder if the hat gets a salary 🤔

Why do you keep tormenting Hagrid with his origin story?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Weka posted:

Wait, the hat just suggests what house you go into? And most people decide to follow the advice of a piece of clothing.

Most people it is not a suggestion. It is a command. The hat knows all.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Meme Poker Party posted:

Harry Potter is an isekai.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
sorting hat is just magical phrenology

the sorting hat should be torn apart and burnt imo

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I pissed in the hat and it screamed but I still did it (really had to go) and now it sorts people into wrong houses. Not even sure there even is a house called "Pisspiss"? Sorry I broke your hat Dumbledorf.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Mooey Cow posted:

I pissed in the hat and it screamed but I still did it (really had to go) and now it sorts people into wrong houses. Not even sure there even is a house called "Pisspiss"? Sorry I broke your hat Dumbledorf.

It still sings a song every year but no-one wants to hear it

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

Fur20 posted:

hufflepuff is the only house you want to get sorted into anyway. your other choices are tryhards, workalohics, and lawful evil. the other choice is live next to the kitchens and get high while you're at school and afterwards never get a job because nobody wants lazy rear end hufflepuffs so your adulthood continues to be living next to the kitchen and getting high... seems like a no brainer imo

Sounds p cool. Why do the wizards need to work anyway? Why get jobs? Like what do they need money for?
Ron's family is depicted as being poor but you still see in their house they've got magic spells to handle all the chores and stuff. Theoretically they can make food and anything else they might need with magic.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

vaginite posted:

There should be a trashy US Southern Harry Potter instead of the up class one we have. Could be like Harry Potter and the Kidney Stone, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fireball, etc. like more relatable stuff to the salt of the earth.

There's a trashy Russian harry potter where they fly on vacuums and practice necromancy, idk if it helps

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Schlong Connery posted:

Why do the wizards need to work anyway? Why get jobs? Like what do they need money for?

I always thought it was funny that the Weasley family was poor despite the fact that like ten of them have really nice jobs, including at least a couple of them in the wizard government. Hermione's parents are non magical dentists and they have plenty of money, how the hell do the Weasleys come out behind a couple of un-magiced tooth touchers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

What makes you think wizards get paid at all lol, jobs are just a status symbol.