Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I definitely am cherry picking lol, I mean those are what stand out to me as scummy.

I guess I'm missing a crucial element in case building for every case I've ever made.

I get why finding SK is vital town.

I just think you're going about it with insincere reasoning.

Town is already pretty much screwed.

2 scum and 1 SK.

We nail a scum today. 2 non town remain, 2 people die at night, maybe the sk dies at night, maybe a scum dies at night, but large chance town is end gamed if 2 town die.

We nail SK today. Town has best chance of survival for another game day, chance to catch scum. Scum only kills one at night, diminished pool "ideally" makes things more obvious.

We miss lunch today, also likely to happen lol, and it's G.G.

Whose kill would trigger first in SK v Scum if they targeted one another?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Idle Amalgam posted:

I definitely am cherry picking lol, I mean those are what stand out to me as scummy.

I guess I'm missing a crucial element in case building for every case I've ever made.

I get why finding SK is vital town.

I just think you're going about it with insincere reasoning.

Town is already pretty much screwed.

2 scum and 1 SK.

We nail a scum today. 2 non town remain, 2 people die at night, maybe the sk dies at night, maybe a scum dies at night, but large chance town is end gamed if 2 town die.

We nail SK today. Town has best chance of survival for another game day, chance to catch scum. Scum only kills one at night, diminished pool "ideally" makes things more obvious.

We miss lunch today, also likely to happen lol, and it's G.G.

Whose kill would trigger first in SK v Scum if they targeted one another?

If we kill an sk today, presuming 2 scum, it's 4 alive and 2 scum lol. That's GG and a scum win. Grandi already did all this work.

If we kill mafia BUT identify the SK beyond a reasonable doubt, the remaining mafia targets the SK and eliminates them. That's 3 alive with 1 mafia and we can win. OR both killing roles target each other and we win. We can still do this.

As a mod kills go through simultaneously imo, both would die.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Somberbrero posted:

If we kill an sk today, presuming 2 scum, it's 4 alive and 2 scum lol. That's GG and a scum win. Grandi already did all this work.

If we kill mafia BUT identify the SK beyond a reasonable doubt, the remaining mafia targets the SK and eliminates them. That's 3 alive with 1 mafia and we can win. OR both killing roles target each other and we win. We can still do this.

As a mod kills go through simultaneously imo, both would die.

So yeah, town is boned is the conclusion, scum are going to do everything in their power to pivot that vote onto town while simultaneously working with everyone to try and identify the SK.

So town has probably already lost this game lol.

So we have to nail scum today, hope SK and scum kill each other in a blaze of glory at night.

the "That's 3 alive with 1 mafia and we can win." scenario seems most unlikely. How do we positively ID SK, and collectively nail scum lol. It's not going to happen.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What's your argument? That we should give up? No. This game is going to be like when you see someone get into an insane accident and then walk away with just a cut on their arm. We can absolutely pull this off if we just don't suck one single day. If there's 2 scum that's a one-in-three shot even if we just randomly picked a name. Plus it'll be really really funny if we win after all this.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

So yeah, town is boned is the conclusion, scum are going to do everything in their power to pivot that vote onto town while simultaneously working with everyone to try and identify the SK.

So town has probably already lost this game lol.

So we have to nail scum today, hope SK and scum kill each other in a blaze of glory at night.

the "That's 3 alive with 1 mafia and we can win." scenario seems most unlikely. How do we positively ID SK, and collectively nail scum lol. It's not going to happen.

Correction: I guess they'd do everything in their power just to get the SK voted out, so they could win lol - but these optimal play hypotheticals for scum or town don't do anything to solve the age old mystery of who is scum?

I guess I'll wait for the Grandi dossiers

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Somberbrero posted:

What's your argument? That we should give up? No. This game is going to be like when you see someone get into an insane accident and then walk away with just a cut on their arm. We can absolutely pull this off if we just don't suck one single day. If there's 2 scum that's a one-in-three shot even if we just randomly picked a name. Plus it'll be really really funny if we win after all this.

Then answer this then... am I scum? am I sk?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Killing scum today and then sk and scum hitting each other tonight for a town victory would be pretty phenomenal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Idle Amalgam posted:

Then answer this then... am I scum? am I sk?

I dunno! My theory is that someone who was voting Hal d2 is the same person that killed him thinking he was Mafia. You and RF both rode out your hal votes so my suspicion is the SK is one of you.

Thinking about mafia I'm really focused on trying to identify the team as a whole bc that seems like the best piece of information we have. If there is a Mafia it's likely two people. Thinking about pairs of people you and Tomm make sense in my head so I'm trying to work through it. Like I would think RF but I don't know who his scum bud would be. Grandi or Sand? I don't think either of those two is scum, so I'm less hot on RF.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Somberbrero posted:

I dunno! My theory is that someone who was voting Hal d2 is the same person that killed him thinking he was Mafia. You and RF both rode out your hal votes so my suspicion is the SK is one of you.

Thinking about mafia I'm really focused on trying to identify the team as a whole bc that seems like the best piece of information we have. If there is a Mafia it's likely two people. Thinking about pairs of people you and Tomm make sense in my head so I'm trying to work through it. Like I would think RF but I don't know who his scum bud would be. Grandi or Sand? I don't think either of those two is scum, so I'm less hot on RF.

Tomm is probably scum or SK, their relative absence and one vote look funky to me, but mostly he and RF are difficult to read, imo. RF could be scum, imo.

##unvote

I'm willing to bet one of Tommu and RF are scum, you or Grandi are the sk

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I lied, I said no one looks harder for the SK than scum, but against the wire, maybe SK plays up their own hunt... :thunk:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

IA’s push on Somber felt like scum trying to force a push, he even admits to cherry picking Somber’s content.

I’m a little losing steam here. I’ll probably vote IA tonight.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’ll be here until then though. I’d also vote Tommu. Grandi has been a little more absent than I would expect after his early day play.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

IA’s push on Somber felt like scum trying to force a push, he even admits to cherry picking Somber’s content.

I’m a little losing steam here. I’ll probably vote IA tonight.

Doesn't everyone cherry pick content when building a case? I mean I get the words have a negative connotation, but yeah the content was scummy, so I quoted it.

That's how this game I'd played.

You're either throwing in the towel as town, or doing good as scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Idle Amalgam posted:

Doesn't everyone cherry pick content when building a case? I mean I get the words have a negative connotation, but yeah the content was scummy, so I quoted it.

Haven’t you ever gone to reread someone and been like “huh, I guess they’re not as scummy as I thought”? Cherry picking content is how scum build cases against town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Idle Amalgam posted:

Right, but normally when considering alignment you take a holistic approach, you try to judge alignment by the whole of someone's posting. When you cherry pick it doesn't look like you're actually curious or searching for the truth, it seems like you just want to make a point to serve yourself. Your posting is largely reactionary, you only seem interested in attacking anyone who is suspicious of you. Do you disagree with that characterization?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

I’ll be here until then though. I’d also vote Tommu. Grandi has been a little more absent than I would expect after his early day play.

I started my thing on IA at work this morning, then was pulled into 7 hours of meetings. I am going to take a couple of hours to decompress and pick it back up. Quick hits on what I got through on IA, I really liked is minimal d1 content. It felt fluid and natural. That can be faked as scum, but isn't likely in my opinion. I didn't jump on IA until the confirmed masonry stuff d2, and I only just started rereading that bit when the meetings started, but early indications for IA are positive.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Give us the dossiers, Grandi!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Someone post charlie_pepe_sylvia.jpg but he’s pointing at the word dossiers

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, starting with IA. I still think that the confirmed mason story is unlikely, but in LYLO/MYLO that isn't enough to push for an execution, I feel like it is a supporting point, but I spent enough time belaboring it so I'll let it lie.

IA's d1 play is fairly reasonable light interactions with the turbo(s)

Idle Amalgam posted:

What? Turbos?

##vote dmc

Idle Amalgam posted:

Or... if we're feeling a bit cheeky... we can turbo, the turboer!

##vote grandicap

I don't have a problem with the turnaround on me, feels fluid, probing for fun. Town feels so far.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Oh, okay then. No hard feelings, ol' chap.

##vote dmc
In a vacuum this post is bad too, but it was in response to dmc's

a dmc delorean posted:

Wait, I'll clarify!

You guys are ruining my Mafia day one :(

Which brings it back to light and fun. I think IA's d1 was good. His interaction with the turbo felt natural, switching off of it to me was after DMC said it was ruining their fun, which is reasonable, swinging it to me, a person who always enjoys a good turbo, even if I am the target, is a reasonable call. But when DMC amended their fun ruining comment, they jumped back on.

Let's move on to D2 which is where I started picking up on IA.

He opens the day with

Idle Amalgam posted:

ohhhh poo poo.
Which is suspicious, until he follows it up with

Idle Amalgam posted:

I was in a confirmed masonry with toalpaz and amnistar, did not expect both of them to straight up get murdered like this last night. I'm all alone now.

should have taken us all.

##vote hal

I have spoken at length why I think this is unlikely, but the oh poo poo makes sense if both of his mason buddies died. Even if he was responsible for one of those deaths, having both pop on the same night is surprising. That his defense was on him being a mason, not being a confirmed town mason, makes sense for a Scum/SK too. He keys in on the true part, that very few were actually contesting, instead of the part that matters, the confirmed bit.

He also hops on the Hal train for a hot minute

Idle Amalgam posted:

I was in a confirmed masonry with toalpaz and amnistar, did not expect both of them to straight up get murdered like this last night. I'm all alone now.

should have taken us all.

##vote hal

Before very quickly abandoning it and prodding at the soft claim.

Idle Amalgam posted:

##unvote

Well, I have no proof it's hal and turbos have led us astray once.

What evidence do you have to present, bee? Tell me... how is young Halbert, implicated in these crimes?

These two posts are 10-ish minutes apart and have no posts from other people between them.
Did he see an easy execution, and then think better of it? The turbo leading us astray line in addition to his second apology to dmc here:
Does point to a guilty conscience.
Back to the masonry stuff, he does drop this post too:

Idle Amalgam posted:

What's worse is hum didn't even make me SCUM or SK, so now I just look like a big dumb idiot in a ghost filled masonry.
I don't like this joke post. It feels a lot like something a scum or sk would say. With a big ain't I a stinker grin to camera.

And his if I were scum post has real OJ vibes

Idle Amalgam posted:

Ah, dang, best to have stayed quiet huh?

If I was scum. I would have kept quiet lmao. You think I killed my confirmed town mason partners? Or even one of them?

What would the advantage be?

In any case, if I was scum I'd obviously kill someone not on the turbo so that I could pressure the turbo votes today.

I'm not scum or SK, unfortunately.

However, that said... grandi always thinks I'm scum.

RF and tommyknocker sidling up to the vote look gross.

##vote rf
Trivializing my vote and suspicion on him at the end is also not a good look. The RF vote is reasonable here though. He does lessen my vote and case on him again here

Idle Amalgam posted:

I don't think you're wrong, and grandi coming in and shading it looks bad.

Also @ grandi...

what content do you have me on? This should be absolutely laughable.
It feels like a scum who thinks they have been called out for the wrong reasons in their mind.\
He also jumps on the "scum-slip" I made, but he was already voting me at that time, so that part is a null.

His response to this interaction also feels scum minded too.

Somberbrero posted:

If I could flip Hal for free today I would. I thought binus was hinting at a result.

Grandicap posted:

This is where I would love to pop out a vig. It would be so narratively satisfying.

Grandicap posted:

Hum, please give me a vig, TIA.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Grandicap posted:

Hum, please give me a vig, TIA.
*sweats*
I was very obviously asking for a vig to shoot Hal, because it would be narratively satisfying. My suspicions on IA were strong at this point, but I wasn't considering pointing the vig at him at all. The self-centered scum would assume that I would shoot them here. Just me-centric thought, indictive of scum-brains.

Idle Amalgam posted:

##unvote

##vote hal

His grandi vote appears gnarly to me.
His Hal vote is fine here, there were good reasons to kill Hal yesterday, and it was approaching a deadline he wasn't really around for. We now know that both Hal and B were town so there is no strong reason for scum to push one over the other here. And he doesn't post again after the b switch happened as that was closer to deadline.

Onto d3. I don't like his interactions with somber and sandwolf today either. It has been mentioned before but he is coming at it with a conclusion in mind. His dossier was hilarious though.
A lot of his stuff today has also been woe is me town stuff. Town is boned, town has already lost etc. I can see some town doing this in this situation, but it does feel faked in this instance, a little too over the top.

I said scum brain or scum-minded a lot up there, but a good chunk of those statements could be replaced with SK-brained or SK-minded. I considered going back and updating it to non-town-thoughts but it flows way less so gently caress that. I think IA is anti town, his day 1 play was good, but everything after has been poo poo. Would vote there today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

On to Opop. Oh good, this one is easier, less content.
D1 is joining in on turbos. Null read lean town on Opop. He jumped on the Sandwolf initial turbo, switched into the dmc turbo. No guilt, full steam ahead. Very carefree town feels on d1. It is Opop though, carefree in mafia is something he does well.
D2 opop joins me in disbelieving IA's confirmed mason claim and votes on IA pretty early.
He defends his turbo hammer of DMC to Tommu, which feels pretty natural. It was a turbo. It was a hammer. There isn't much to be said for it, he doesn't overexplain, he doesn't apologize. I like this behavior from Opop.

Retro Futurist posted:

That's turbo, baby :cool:
With a light followup when Tommu keeps pushing

Retro Futurist posted:

The best outcome for scum was making myself a big dunk target and trading off one scum for one VT in a 12 player game?

He socratic methods on Somber which can be a way to look like you are providing content without providing content. But he focuses it on Somber, clearly a suspicion of his. I think this questioning is good and probabitive in the right ways. The only issue I have is that he didn't really put any pressure on Somber. Was he ok with Somber's responses? That's kind of the impression I get, but it would be great if he shared with the class.
He votes Hal before leaving the thread.

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok well I'm heading out right away and I'll be at a movie so can't check back in. ##vote hal since I don't think we're going to get a last minute switch into ia
He mentions IA as a better option in his mind here, I have no problem with this vote, in previous posts he says he thinks I'm town so as the other real option at the time, he hops on Hal. Reasonable vote.

D3

Retro Futurist posted:

I tried to make a lumpen list but tbh I would vote any of you. I think I still trust IA the least, followed by somber, but everyone else is tied for 3rd
His reads are consistent, he actually voiced his suspicion of Somber finally, but he was alluding to it D2, so it is a reasonable build here. His other posts today are more of the same, suspicion on IA and somber. Willingness to vote both etc. I have no issues with his play and would not attribute any of his thinking to a scum-mind.

I do not think Opop is scum after the reread.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

And on to the easiest of the first 3 dossiers. Tommunist.
D1 Tomm's d1 was worthless. No content, no participation in the turbo. All null.
D2 Votes Opop out of the gate for the turbo hammer. This is a scum vote because it is an easy vote. It allows him to vote someone with very little skin in the game, hammering town, especially in a turbo is easy to call out as bad and won't get backlash. Scum vibes there. He then says he's cool with hopping over to IA too

Tommunist posted:

RF's hammer was terrible so I voted him.

Would vote IA for reasons noted by others.
In his IA suspicion, he just says reasons noted by others, again, he doesn't put himself out there, he is taking the safe route. He me toos a Somber suspicion on RF a bit later.

Somberbrero posted:

Retro Futurist posted:

Why would my read on ia be a scum thing? I'm not following that part
I brought that up because of another instance where I don't understand your thought process. It's weird that we're looking at the same things and seeing something different so I'm trying to understand you and can't. This makes me think you're scum in part because I think you're being dishonest with your arguments to your benefit. Like earlier when you called me out on the different reactions to sandwolf's vote and your vote when they were totally different circumstances. That's how I read your interactions with tommu too.

Tommunist posted:

This is my vibe as well !!!!!
He is happy following, in a game where town is getting hosed, this feels like it is where the scum mindset would be too.
He wasn't around deadline D2 either, but this is due to perfectly reasonable real life things.

D3 Literally no useful content, but life hosed up his arm with horse jizz, not going to hold it against him.

I would vote Tommu, there is less content, so there is less of a strong case. But you gotta work with what you are given.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, of the 3, I feel like Tommu feels more scum than SK, and IA feels like more SK than scum, but I do think both are non-town. I feel good about Opop being town.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Idle Amalgam (1): Retro Futurist
Somberbrero (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam

Not Voting (5): Grandicap, Idle Amalgam, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Tommunist

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 10th, 2021 at 6 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 31 minutes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote IA

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
waiting to see if anyone else has anything to say, would like to hear from tomm but not holding my breath

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m tempted to unvote before I go to bed but I’m not really sure what is left to say

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I dont really know what to say tbh

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

##vote IA

I am a confirmed town mason. That's my full claim

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
whatever ##vote ia

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ok, I think IA is anti town, but I also think he's more likely SK than town. Killing the sk is the worst possible scenario. Scum just win if there are 2 scum.
Killing town here is better than killing the sk because at least there is a chance through night action madness to have us win.
But IA could still be scum. Tomm and I haven't voted yet, so if IA is scum, a Tomm scum buddy makes sense.
A somber scum buddy makes some sense too, seeing the writing on the wall and cutting bait. I think opop and sandy voting a scum IA in this situation basically clears them as an IA scum buddy.
But all of that presupposes IA is scum.

I need to think if this is the right call before hammering.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Well, if killing town here is better than killing the SK, then just hammer me and good luck to the SCUM or SK, because town isn't going to win lol.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Grandicap posted:

Ok, I think IA is anti town, but I also think he's more likely SK than town. Killing the sk is the worst possible scenario. Scum just win if there are 2 scum.
Killing town here is better than killing the sk because at least there is a chance through night action madness to have us win.
But IA could still be scum. Tomm and I haven't voted yet, so if IA is scum, a Tomm scum buddy makes sense.
A somber scum buddy makes some sense too, seeing the writing on the wall and cutting bait. I think opop and sandy voting a scum IA in this situation basically clears them as an IA scum buddy.
But all of that presupposes IA is scum.

I need to think if this is the right call before hammering.

Basically, you have no idea is how this post reads. Just like everyone else lol.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Alternatively, you've been scum all along!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

Basically, you have no idea is how this post reads. Just like everyone else lol.

Welcome to LYLO, where the reads are made up and the executions don't matter.

##vote Idle Amalgam

gently caress, I can't see me doing anything different here, no matter how long I weigh it. I just have to hope we're right...

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Idle Amalgam really stepped in it this time!

Votecount for Day 3

Idle Amalgam (4): Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Grandicap
Somberbrero (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam

Not Voting (2): Idle Amalgam, Tommunist

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 10th, 2021 at 6 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 16 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:suspense:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Lol

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

:suspense:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Idle Amalgam, Isabella Kisiner (Town Mason), was executed Day 3!

Mr. Humalong posted:

VII. respect the hammer. don't post after the hammer. if there's been hammer and i haven't locked the thread yet, just be chill.

BLAM! Retro Futurist was modkilled!

BLAM! Tommunist was modkilled!

BLAM! Grandicap was modkilled!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

It is now Night 3.