Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

my last relationship which was an utter pigfucking disaster

I guess this does finally explain brexit

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

you might need some caffeine pills tho because if you boil up some water at this hour, you'll wake up the whole district

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

and better be good with that medical dropper because you sure as hell do not want to be pouring that much hot water on the coffee at once!

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

hbag posted:

i have had the primo poo poo, it all tastes like bitter suffering

nah that's just how it feels to live

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

If you are implying that I'm British either apologize at once or meat me on the firld of honor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piggate

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

at this point im posting for the lurkers that might actually listen

hey it might also work like those subliminal ads where if you see the same message 15x your brain chemistry slightly changes and uhh you will maybe sometimes go sleep earlier

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

our ids have a dinosaur on them

i also have bro hair

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

is that where updog lives? uttar pradesh?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

worst case you can always pour hot water on ground coffee

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

wow i finally caught up on the thread. its been a constant 4k posts unread, but i guess posts/day really took a sharp drop since hbag has been probated

anyway happy holidays everyone. there's no snow here and with all of this pandemic stuff also going on, the whole experience seems to be stripped down to it's rotten consumerist core, so i will try to do my best to cheer up any loved ones and hope that nobody from my antivaxx side of the family gets hit very badly

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

happy holidays, penisface

happy holidays to you too, captain foo

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Video Nasty posted:

Not having any snow really pulls the curtain back on how crappy the holiday is without something to look forward to. At least I'm getting paid to do nothing :shobon:

i have been living / spending christmas at places that do not get snow for the last 6 years and usually it's really not so bad because what we look forward to is some nice holiday meals with friends. that part is canceled this year, so it is a bummer

having to deal with 30-50 feral logs until the beginning of this week of course did not help, but it probably did not hurt the prospects of a raise next year, so all good

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

we ate way too much raclette, now listening to kate bush lionheart on vinyl. its good

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

I watched the queen's christmas address and at the end they had a choir singing something but it was completely silent. It was like when YouTube blanks the audio for not having the rights, but it was a new performance, so ?? Or like that mummy trailer where they only left in one audio channel. Really bizarre.

Merry Chrimbus! 🎄⛄🎁❄️🎉

you got the fake 5g nanobots. i could hear the message loud and clear

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

if playing guitar made you look cool I might not be falling asleep alone every night

if someone plays the guitar, but nobody is around to see it, does it look cool?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

MrQueasy posted:

it’s my birthday and I’m :smith: because I didn’t plan anything again, but I didn’t actually have anything I wanted to do and before Christmas my brain was happy with that, but… well… it’s a vicious cycle.

happy birthday! i think i know the feeling
a way to stop yourself from feeling down could be to tell yourself “its my drat birthday and for this one day i dont have to make excuses for doing/not doing things”.
i hope you have a great day. some of the best birthdays i have had have started out like this but then i go for a walk, meet some friends or stay warm at home playing a game and end up enjoying it

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

im at disneyland paris

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

treating the youngins of my partner’s brother to a visit to the magic kingdom

it was my first and probably last visit to that kind of place. way too much lines (even if you pay for premium access) and underwhelming rides (idgaf about rollercoasters), its really a place for kids to see their disney implanted dreams in the flesh

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

aérospatiale mountain

i think you mean hyperspace mountain? idk maybe we should have gone there but our smallest teammate was not allowed on the frontierland train thing so we would have skipped it anyway

seems cool tho

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Kernel Sanders posted:

bsp trees are my monads. I’ve tried grokking them several times since my teens and it never seems to click. like, I understand what they do and why they’re good and all, but I can’t seem to get an intuitive feel for them.

this seems kind of like a quadtree and the google maps api documentation will definitely give you an intuitive description of a quadtree

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

yeah the data structure part of bsp seems simple, but in practical applications you have to couple it with some heuristics cleverly and that is the difficult part

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

shoeberto posted:

:hellyeah:

Can't wait to reno my office (aka the basement bedroom that was clearly last occupied by an adult child basement dweller). It's primarily just been storage with a small work space since we've moved in.

wow isnt it great when your tastes match with the previous owners

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

edit: nevermind

4lokos basilisk fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 31, 2021

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

its easy to be a young ceo if you do a startup

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i just drank two cups of water

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

The Fool posted:

currently the closest thing I have in my pantry is wasa and ski queen

wasa breakfast crew represent

got to have that rye

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

train commutes may take 2 hours, but it also helps Kazushige Goto get to work on time, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not

(this post has been inspired by gonadic io)

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

imo spicy food tolerance is a learnable thing. spicy food enthusiasts wandering around trying to one up each other and unsuspecting bystanders with the equivalent of pepper spray are not super inspiring as role models though

saying this as a northern baltics person and anecdotal evidence

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

im all benereal diseases

laughing at this like a finis bear meme

(slept 3h tonight)

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

alexandriao posted:

Agreed. I used to be in a community where some artisty folks were getting exorbitant money (like over half a mil) from Patreon to piss about on a boat doing gently caress all other than relaxing and making pissy lil programs and games lol. The community was specifically set up to worship them (which is how they afforded it all anyway) and multiple people joked about how they are literally a cult

They were called something like "50 bunnies" or whatever and all of the exorbitant money they were pulling in from patreon making "yet another tiny operating system" or "article about how we should waste less resources by using the sun despite earning equivalent to 30, 60 people's salaries and putting it all on boat parts" went to hundred thousand dollar costing boat parts for maintenance.

One of the folks on the boat said that sometimes they would roll up to the dock and fraternize with the richer folks and they would basically be whining about how, while they are in the super secret rich boat people club, they aren't in the super secreter even richer boat people club.

Rich people are a loving joke lmao.

hold on is that rek & devine the folks behind the orca sequencer? i always wondered what the deal was with them because on the surface it did seem like some magical dream existence

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

wow im finally caught up with this thread

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i bake a loaf of rye bread every 2 weeks. it keeps way better than the stuff i get from the bakeries

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Share Bear posted:

i hope theyre ok

post sink cjs: trying to fix someone else's project. you ever yell Kiss My rear end at a log message

npm stands for “no problem, man”

said by a person stoned out of their mind

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

cjs its been a while since i woke up on a weekend thinking work thoughts. thank you mid pandemic rto initiative

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

facebook apple amazon netflix google pen pineapple apple pen

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

my first computer touching job was fall 2006

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

mike portnoy?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

but does hanging a gong behind the drum set count as 360 degrees too? way too easy that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i really miss playing drums with some real people in a practice space

need the exercise too