Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

my username is:

Herculon#57214

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I am undefeated (1-0)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

What’s the coolest card to get with my mythic wildcard?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Played a game where I was down to 9 hp, and my opponent had 15. I equipped a vorpal sword on a flying creature but didn’t have near the 8 mana I need to activate it’s special ability and my opponent immediately forfeited

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Which mode lets me play with all my cards in one large deck?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Used two uncommon wildcards so I can have four raid bombardments in my goblin rush deck and it is rolling

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Tried to get some games in over lunch but all of my opponents were taking the maximum amount of time each turn

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Goblin deck made it to gold. Don't know if it's got what it takes to go any further.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to make a deck with all of my cards and the game crashed

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

More free cards? Hell yeah

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

What are good draft strats?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Well I managed to win one game. Just went creature heavy with a white/red deck, but my opponents all seemed to have every card working together. Will I be able to put these cards in my standard decks, or are they just banned forever?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I'm proud of this little goblin deck. Made it to platinum

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The Klowner posted:

post the list

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

goferchan totally teched against it and squashed it

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’ll drop two lands and add more gobs

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Herc I started using a variant of that goblin deck and I’ve had some success. Got up to silver so far. Man I forgot how much fun MTG is

It got me to platinum so I’m feeling pretty good about it. Hoping the new set has even more goblins

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Just had an extremely epic match that was just a stalemate for a while, he kept growing his creatures insanely strong while I kept pumping out tons of goblin tokens until I had enough mana to cast two raid bombardments and instantly merc him down to zero. Magic ftw

Lol I love it when they throw poo poo like pacifism on a 1/1 goblin

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pewdiepie posted:

What type of deck does mono red aggro consistently lose to?

I’m just going to announce what consistently beats it? Nice try

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Here's my draft deck. 1-1 so far and that master trinketeer saved my rear end in the last game.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Thanks for the tips, Fungah! Got my second win. Now at 2-1

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Got three total wins. This set was fun

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Playing this made me look up all the other card games I haven’t played in 20 years and I’m shocked L5R lasted up till 2015. I enjoyed it, but could hardly ever find anybody that played it.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The only other one I played regularly was Star Wars CCG which was way too loving complicated

I also got way into Star Wars but I bailed when Decipher was about to lose the license and introduced a side deck mechanic

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

goferchan posted:

Assuming that 100 card historic brawl gets added to the play with friends options at the end of the month, would anyone be interested in a little imp tournament sometime during the first week of september? I would be willing to sweeten the pot with the code for an AFR prerelease pack (6 booster packs)

I'm in

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Got two copies of Proud Wildbonder early so went red/green heavy with trample cards. Hope it's not too expensive. I ended up with four excavation moles but I don't want any more in my deck because you have to mill three cards to play it.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Thanks for the tips again, Fungah! Got ran out in a hurry, though. Went 1-3 and everyone else seemed to have nonstop counters and 6/6 creatures

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Kongming posted:

I haven't really internalized the turn order stuff yet so I set a bunch of creatures to attack and was wondering why my opponent was sitting there not choosing blockers and it was because I hadn't resolved my turn yet. Felt like a real jackass.

lol I quite often wonder if my opponent is ever going to do something and then my countdown clock starts ticking

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

When's the next free draft?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The Klowner posted:

after ikoria there aren't any more planned, at least that we know about right now

goddamn it

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The goblin goblin deck is fun. Plenty of cool cards for my main deck

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Played a historic brawl match and my opponent had a card that gained them a life every time I lost a life and another card that lost me a life every time they gained a life. The two cards kept activating each other and ended the game. Is that a programming glitch or is that actually the rule if we were playing in a live event?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Seems like bad game design. But live and learn

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I simply wouldn’t have allowed my opponent to play those cards.

This is what I need to learn to reach the next level

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sarkhan, Wanderer to Shiv and Minion of the Mighty loving rules especially when my opponent leaves the Minion unblocked so I can get another free dragon next turn

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Free poo poo on arena. I got 2K gold and XP and some rares and card backs

https://twitter.com/mtg_arena/status/1433860031984934944?s=21

:cheers:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I can do tomorrow night if it’s not too late

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon posted: