Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
 
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


[Monsterhearts 1e] We Are Not Saved

Cast of Characters:

Alanis Winthrop the Serpentine, played by berenzen
Ariana Wallace the Angel, played by Ferrosol
Marko Hart the Werewolf, played by Roman Reigns
T.K. Edwards the Infernal, played by Frgrbrgr

----------------------------------------

code:

[Mr. Kelsey]

[Danielle] [Carlos] [Joanna] [TK]
[Ivy] [Sally] [Jeremiah] [Billy]
[Maria] [Bobby Lee] [Preston] [Mordecai]
[Marko] [Ariana] [Eve] [Alanis]

It's December, so things are getting a bit cooler then normal but it's still too warm for winter clothes at the moment. Talks of what to do for Christmas are starting to pop up but there's something bigger that's the talk of school - Jeremiah Wolf's parents are heading out of town for some business, and he's decided to hold a party at the family farm. It's a very decent sized one that several people in town work at.

Mr. Kelsey is keeping an eye on everyone, enthusiastically greeting everyone who walks in regardless of their response or acknowledgement of him. He takes a look at the old, barely functioning clock on the wall. "All right everyone, you got a little time before class. You can catch up with each other before then!" He begins writing out parts of today's lesson in advance on the chalkboard, trying to use as little of the chalk as possible while doing so.

Alanis: What does your grandfather want the family to do later today? Do you want to go to this party badly enough to defy him? Preston has been looking at you occasionally, in a way that you realize means he's working up the nerve to talk to you. Finally, he turns around and faces you. "Hey." He pauses, like he's trying to think of what to say afterward. "You wanna go with me? To the party, I mean." Seems like he's taken an interest in you which might be good for the Winthrop family - but you notice Bobby Lee has a cruel smile on his face and Eve is trying to stealthily pull out her phone in case something viral happens. What do you do?

Ariana: Billy looked like he was going to give you poo poo before class starts, but then Marko came in and he suddenly changed his mind. Eve brought up going to the party together - do you want her to vouch for you to Jermiah even if it'll mean being her black friend for social media clout? Do you even want to go? Right now she's paused that conversation to see if anything's going to happen with Preston and Alanis and Billy takes the opportunity to glare at you. What do you do?

Marko: Maria turns to you. "You're friends with Jeremiah, right? You think you can swing an invite for your girl?" She gives you a quick wink - you think her girlfriend might already be on the invite list. How do you feel about this party? Jeremiah is throwing it but you know a lot of the popular kids who gave you poo poo are still going to be there. And even with how cool he is, Jeremiah might not want a fight breaking out at the party. What do you do?

T.K.: Normally people have been inviting you to places thanks to Russ's help...but Jeremiah hasn't said anything to you yet. Any idea why that might be? Do you plan on getting an invite anyway?

Meanwhile Joanna leans over to you with a big friendy smile on her face. "Hey T.K.," she says. "How are you doing? Everything okay? You can always talk to me you know." She puts a hand on your shoulder reassuringly. What do you do?

----------------------------------------

Alanis highlight Dark
Ariana highlight Trespass
Marko highlight Cold
T.K highlight Hot

----------------------------------------

OOC Thread

String Sheet/NPCs

Please put your character sheet in a quote block at the bottom of your first post, and keep it updated as the game goes on. For the start of the game, wait until everyone has made one post before posting again. This is just so that itís easier for me to look at character sheets in the future when coming back to the first page.

Rules:

Make one move or roll per post, ask me if you want an exception for some reason.

When you get/remove a String, update the String sheet and add a note on how you got/removed it. At the end of a session, I'll remove all the notes so that things don't get so cluttered up.

Singleton rule for Strings applies per person, so you may get Strings from the same ability multiple times in a scene.

Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf

I glance at Jeremiah and let out a low, quiet sigh as I mulled over what to do. I would love to go, of course. Last year's bonfire was the first real party I've been to and it was lot of fun. Even if it did end a little awkwardly with Maria. A bigger one at the Wolf farm...hell, I might actually get laid finally.

Unfortunately Jeremiah's social circles include people who hate my guts. I can't guarantee things won't turn out messy if I show up.

The easy answer would be to say no. Maybe even suggest to Maria we throw our own party, and she can bring her girlfriend along too.

The easy answer...that'd be something old Marko would do. Weak Marko.

Ah gently caress it, I'll go. But I'm going to need Maria's help. I lean over my desk to whisper to her...

"Ok look, I'm not friend friends with Jeremiah, but I think he's cool with me. But if we're going to do this...I need you and any friends that come with you," I pause a bit after those last words for emphasis, "to stick to me like glue. No wandering off or splitting into little groups. There's going to be some people there that won't like me, but they'll be less inclined to start poo poo if I'm not the lone wolf out there."

That's not an unreasonable request, right?

Manipulate Maria, rolling Hot: 2d6+1 4
Faaantastic. Marking Exp for rolling Hot


quote:

Name: Marko Hart
Skin: Werewolf
Look: Feisty, Cunning Eyes
Origin: Ancestral Power

Stats
Hot: 1
Cold: -1
Volatile: 2
Dark: -1

Moves

Scent of Blood
Add 1 to all rolls against those who have been harmed in this scene already.

Unstable
When you become your Darkest Self, mark experience.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self
You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Backstory
You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

Youíve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine

I walked into the room, tea in hand, in a bad mood to begin with even before Preston managed to open his mouth. Uncle Sean from Atlanta was visiting, and Grandfather wanted the whole family gathered to deal with the issue of Danielle and Sammuel's kid. It is completely not my issue, but as the heir apparent I'm supposed to be there. it promises to be incredibly awkward, and I can see more than a few heads rolling (and I'm not yet sure if I simply mean it in a metaphorical sense here either. Grandfather is a vicious old serpent.)

All of that was before I heard about the party that was happening at Jerry's place. Parties aren't really a thing that I particularly enjoy, usually because people- even people I don't even know- seem to avoid me or cling close to me because of my name, hoping for clout and fame or infame. At the same time though, they let me cut loose a little bit more, as Grandfather's influence is nowhere near as prevalent. Though Sammuel being in town definitely puts a damper on the whole thing, considering the last time he was here.

Still, this was all compounded by Preston spewing absolute drivel from his mouth even before I take off this new trendy fall coat I was wearing. Seeing some of my classmates looking at the interaction, I take a sip of tea and smile coldly.

"Preston, I think you need to keep praying a little harder. Maybe some day an angel will take pity on you."


Alanis Winthrop (Berenzen) ó Today at 10:15 PM
Shutting Preston down
!2d6+1
# 11
Details:[2d6+1 (5 5)]

Giving Preston the condition Humiliated and marking experience for rolling cold


quote:

Alanis Winthrop
Serpentine

Harm [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Experience 1/5

Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1

Moves:

Falling Dynasty:
In the age of serpents,your family was powerful and prolific. Now they live in a shadow of their former glory. They want to regain their old wealth.

Whenever you are convinced to do the bidding of a family member, carry 1 forward to doing it and that family member gains a String on you. Whenever you help your family regain some of their former glory, mark experience

Mesermizing:
When you stare at someone without blinking, roll with Hot. On a 10 up, they freeze up until you blink or someone touches them, and they gain the condition dazed. On a 7-9, they gain the condition dazed.

Sex Move:
When you have sex with someone, they become part of the Failing Dynasty (and subject to the move's mechanics)

Darkest Self:
You aren't ever going to be the person that your family wants you to be. You can't live with their shame and insanity any longer. You need to escape your current identity, go into hiding, or run the gently caress away. You need to threaten or hobble anyone who would keep you in these familial chains. You escape your Darkest Self when you rejoin your family, or you shed your past life and integrate into a new family.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 31, 2021

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K.
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 1 | Location: Homeroom

Now the waves they drag you down
Carry you to broken ground
Though I find you in the sand
Wipe you clean with dirty hands

Forget the horror here
Forget the horror here
Leave it all down here
It's future rust and then it's future dust


--

The soft comfort of my hoodie, pulled up like a shelter and letting me listen in peace as the chaos of "the holidays" bears down on the school like a two ton black bear. I regret having the last sips of my coffee at the door. No... I regret not ordering a large. I lean my head back and stare at the checkered tile ceiling for a good minute, pierced by pencils and other projectiles over the years. Swiss cheese keeping us from seeing the rusty pipes and moldy insulation.

A second to think about this morning. Churning waves about some party over at Jeremiah's. I... I don't mind not being invited, I guess. But there's something there, a cold fire. Something my dad would've told me about respect. I'm not a nobody anymore. Maybe I show up anyway? Or maybe he wants me to be there for some reason. I grimace, thinking momentarily back to the party at Chad's. Mordecai...

Yannis lays into the chorus. A hand on my shoulder.

I sigh and brush out an earbud, turning to the offender. A deeper, second grimace. Harmony. Of... course.

I straighten and try to pull my hoodie a bit tighter, but it's not following instructions (or maybe it's had enough of my abuse). The string snaps and sags. Great... now I'll need another. Joanna looks on unfazed, expectantly as if I'm about to pledge my love to her there and then. Seriously girl... get a hobby that isn't me. But I'm not feeling up to a confrontation. And... it's not like the last dozen have helped any. I sigh again before speaking. "Uh... thanks. I'm... fine. Morning, you know?"

Knowing her, that's probably enough to get her rocks off.

quote:

[12:00 AM] TK | Frgrbrgr: !2d6 #hotness for harmony
[12:00 AM]
BOT
DiceParser: hotness for harmony
# 7
Details:[2d6 # (5 2)]

Marking experience.

Choose one: gives herself to me, promises something she thinks I want, gives me a String against her.

Great...

quote:

Name: T. K. Edwards
Skin: Infernal
Look: Distant, Piercing Eyes
Origin: Broken Soul

Stats
Hot 0
Cold -1
Volatile 1
Dark 1

Moves

Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.
Elsewise Power - You can give the dark power a String to use a move you donít have, just this once. This move can come from any playbook.
Uncanny Voices - You can give the dark power a String in order to realize a secret about someone youíre talking to. The owner of that character will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

Unknowable
When you lash out physically against someone, on a 10 up, they lose 1 String on you. On a 7-9, add to your list of options: they lose 1 String on you.

Sex Move
When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self
You canít get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and itíll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 2, 2021

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 0 | Location: Homeroom


Mornings. I hate mornings. Whoever whipped this body up for me either didn't do a very good job or was playing an elaborate practical joke because it doesn't function at anything close to peak performance before noon. Fortunately there are human stimulants that can make up for the lapse I thought gratefully as I sipped the last of my coffee. Billy was being Billy, I'd thought he was going to start something before class but then as soon as Marko had walked in I could see his skin go even whiter than normal if that's possible. I don't know what's going on between those two but boy would I love to know what's got Billy so antsy. For now though he was content to sit and ignore me so I was willing to do the same.

Which left the big issue of the day, Jerimiah's party. I'm not really a party person but that's usually because if I was at a party I was there to do the Work. I don't think I've ever attended a party just for the sake of it. If I could I'd not be attending this one but if I was reading the room right not attending would be a disaster for my social standing. It's just the only way I was going to get in was through Eve and well Eve was well inspiring some pretty mixed feelings right now.

Eve isn't a bad person I suppose, it's just well I've taken a big step and claimed my independence and I'm not sure I'm willing to give any of it up just yet. I know it's a small issue it's just.. well the principle of the thing I guess. I suppose I'd have to bite the bullet and ask her to get me in which means giving her what she wants. But now clearly wasn't the time while she was focussing on Preston's latest disastrous attempt at flirting with Alanis. Which just left Billy who'd given up trying to bang his two brain cells together and was now glaring at me. Still if he wanted to stare at me I could stare back, and well I used to be able to outstare just about anyone.

quote:

outstaring Billy (shutdown)
# 4
Details:[2d6+1 # (1 2)]

quote:

Name: Ariana Wallace
Skin: Angel
Look: Stunning, Intense Eyes
Origin: Deserter

Stats
Hot: -1
Cold: 1
Volatile: 1
Trespass/Forgiveness: 0

Moves

Cast from Heaven
You no longer have a dark stat. Instead, you have a scale, moving between Trespass and Forgiveness. It starts at 0.When asked to roll with dark, roll with Trespass instead. Whenever you subjugate yourself to someone elseís will, move the marker toward Forgiveness. Whenever you judge and punish others without the lordís permission, move the marker toward Trespass. If Trespass or Forgiveness is highlighted, mark experience whenever you roll with that stat or shift the marker in that direction.

Halo
When you turn someone on, roll with Forgiveness.

Gaze Into Heaven
When you gaze into heaven, as a servant of the lord, roll with Forgiveness.
  • On a 10 up, you are filled with his voice, and may ask him for guidance or command. Carry one forward to whatever youíd like.
  • On a 7-9, you are greeted by one of his emissaries, who will impart to you a mission. Carry one forward to completing that mission.

When you gaze into heaven, as a spurious and hateful child, it counts as gazing into the abyss.
  • On a 10 up, add this option to the list: the visions show you what the lord fears most from you, and you carry 1 forward to realizing
    that fear.
  • On a 7-9, add this option to the list: the visions show you how you have upset or bewildered the lord.

Darkest Self

You've fought so hard to distance yourself from the lord, to establish autonomy and independence. In doing so, you've unwittingly stumbled into the service of another power greater than yourself. You will carry out their will as if it were your own. Whenever possible, you'll convince yourself that you're doing this of your own volition. You escape your Darkest Self when you realize who's been tempting you down this dark path, and beg others to save you.

Sex Move
When you have sex, you are reminded of your purpose here on earth. Lose one of your Skin moves and gain a different one.

Backstory
The lord loves someone else more than he loves you. Naturally, a rivalry has sprung up. You gain two Strings on them, and they gain one on you.

Someone reminds you of heaven. They gain a String on you.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Maria pauses for just a brief but somewhat suspicious moment. "Y...yeah, of course! Sure!" What do you do?

Alanis: Bobby Lee lets out a harsh laugh as Preston opens his mouth, moves it wordlessly as he tries talk, and then closes it. He turns back around, pretending like he needs to get something important out of his backpack as his face turns red in embarrassment. Eve looks disappointed nothing more interesting is happening but her phone is still out in case that changes. What do you do?

T.K.: Joanna looks at you like you're the hottest thing she's ever seen, and for her that's probably true. She leans in closer. "Maybe you need to have some fun? Jeremiah invited me to his party later today. I can put a word in for you, maybe we could talk more there?" What do you do?

Ariana: Billy looks back at you, getting angrier that you're daring to try and stand up for yourself. He is not intimidated by you at all. He draws a finger across his throat, and mouths 'after school.' Things are absolutely going to get worse.

Billy gives you the condition Dead Meat

What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 1 | Location: Homeroom


Oh God, Maria, I hope you never play poker. Time to turn on the babyface charm...it usually works on her.

I pull the red beanie off my head and free the rest of my raven hair to fall to my chin and neck. I lost count how many times she complimented my hair, telling me I should wear it out more often "because it makes me look pretty".

With a soft sad sigh I gaze at Maria with the most innocent, heart breaking doe eyes I can muster.

"I mean it, Maria. I need you to be with me on this...I could get hurt. Please?" Then I bite my lower lip just a little to add to the look.

quote:

turning on Maria
# 11
Details:[2d6+1 # (5 5)]

Taking a string against Maria

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 0 |Conditions: Dead Meat| Location: Homeroom

Key word there should have been used to. I flinched, and flinching in front of Billy is asking for trouble. He saw that as weakness and from what he mouthed I'd be lucky to get out of school in one piece. I mean I could try and fight him I suppose, it's just I don't think my new calling in life is standing up to school bullies. I hope not anyway. Otherwise it might be a very short and unpleasant life. Speaking of things that might shortly be unpleasant it didn't look like Preston was going to provide us with any more entertainment today. So that left Eve free for me to talk to. I mean how hard could it be. I'd advised Kings and I'd charged whole armies, I'd solved a rubiks cube in under 30 seconds. I could talk to one teenage girl right? Right?

Now that I'd accepted I'd have to give up a little bit of my independence to fit in, the rest would be easier I hoped. Leaning over to her desk I said in a quiet voice. "I've been thinking about what you said the other day, I would like to go to the party with you. Together. I mean " then realising what I'd said. "Umm not together like that. Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing if you're into it." "but yeah if you could get me an invite I'd be grateful." I said "very grateful." I added giving her a pleading puppy dog look.

quote:

turning on Eve
# 9
Details:[2d6 # (6 3)]

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 1| Conditions:| Location: Homeroom

Rolling my eyes at Ariana's attempt at flirting- the awkward girl approach works, I guess- I take my coat off and finish my tea. Putting Preston out of my mind, I turn to Mordecai.

"Hey Mordecai, you headed to Jerry's party tonight? I might end up being a bit late, but it'll be nice to have some sort of idea of what's going on before I arrive. Don't want to be showing up if everyone's already started to break off from the party for their own amusements." I glance at Eve and Ariana briefly before snapping my attention back to Mordecai. Sure it was petty, but getting the rumour mill starting was always a good way of getting me into a better mood.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K.
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom

Well, you could definitely cut that entendre with a knife. The look in her eye tells me that she has more in mind than talking. A lot more. But the prospect of a free pass into Jeremiah's party isn't unwelcome.

But owing Joanna something? That would be... terrible. I cock my head at her, "Uhm... I'm actually kinda busy tonight. Those devils aren't going to worship themselves, you know? So... pass."

Not caring to see how she responds (but it's gotta be good, right?), I sink back into my chair and slide the hoodie back on, resuming play.

Hush, let's kick it in to touch
And wash away the sludge that's withering our minds
Words, a message to the world
To let the masses learn that someone holds a light


I fall deeper into the lyrics, tuning out the roar of classroom banter and close my eyes. Yeah, I'm ready for you. Are you ready for me?

quote:

Gazing into the abyss: What can I get out of going to the party?
# 9
Details:[2d6+1 # (5 3)]

Marking experience

The visions are confusing and alarming.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Maria watches your hair as it spills out, and then looks into your eyes. "Fine. I will. It'll be okay, don't worry about it." Well... you probably got her to agree to stick to you at the beginning of the party but you can tell she's still has some plans for later. Do you want to push her more on this? What do you do?

Ariana: Eve looks somewhat awkward when you whisper close to her, and her eyes flicker away from you for a moment - especially as Alanis makes her implication. "You...oh! Yeah, yeah that sounds great! I mean, I'm not you know...that way either." She realizes that might be a rude thing to say and quickly adds "But that's cool if anyone else is!" She pauses to clear her throat and regain her composure. "Why don't you stop by my house before then? We can have matching outfits!" What do you do?

Alanis: Mordecai looks over at the two in curiosity before turning his attention back to you. "Well, I'd like to...but I think Chad's going to be there? I don't get why, who know what'll set him off, but it's Jeremiah's party I guess. Should be standard fare - a gathering of the local youth, enough distance between the boys and girls for the lord to fit in, only age approved drinks and gospel hymns for music. We're all of various Abrahamic faiths here right? He grins at his own joke. "You should have plenty of people to talk to once you get there. Maybe I should see if I can come anyway." He glances over to Preston who isn't done pretending like something really hard to find is in his backpack. "I think Preston basically bribed his way in by offering to pay for all the drinks, so you might have a bit of trouble with Jeremiah now though." What do you do?

T.K.: "I hope you're kidding about that," Joanna says with a concerned look on her face. "Faith in Christ will keep demons from getting to you, but if you open yourself-"

You can see she's still going, but the music starts and you can no longer hear her. With your eyes closed, you imagine what the party will be like. You can see it now - all the people from school talking, dancing to the music in your ears, drinking, getting closer, whispering, looking around. Secrets abound. Joanna is suddenly by your side, looking happy and content. A door has been opened to getting people to like you genuinely, without Russ's help.

Blood flows from someone, tears from another. Something strange is here with everyone and it's not just you. Looks of concern, of gleefulness, of fear and joy. A big event, to be sure, perhaps with-

You feel an earbud get pulled out and Joanna's voice suddenly breaks in, mixing with the music.

"T.K.! You're not actually talking with demons are you?"

Everything you were seeing vanishes, replaced with the darkness of having your eyes closed, the music in the remaining earbud, and Joanna's voice in your other ear. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 1 | Location: Homeroom


I smile at Maria. "Thanks! I knew you'd back me up."

She will 100% ditch me as soon as she gets the chance. Probably has plans with what's-her-name at the party. gently caress, I hate to kill her fun there with my bullshit. I'll let this go for now and just wing it when we get there. Hell maybe if people just see us together the first time they'll leave me alone?

I do feel my pulse quicken a bit at the thought of entering unknown, uncertain territory. Like part of me is daring for a fight to break out anyway, no matter what goes down at the party. God but it'll look so bad on me and everyone I know...

I still need to get the invite in the first place from Jeremiah. My eyes flicker towards him at the thought, but before I can even begin to figure out what to do I catch good ol' lovely Billy making a face in my general direction. A face I'm all too familiar with.

But it wasn't at me. Pretty sure it was at Ariana. Just like a bully to pick on someone else he deems weak after getting his rear end kicked. And just like a dipshit racist it's a person of color of course.

Hmm...Ariana? Kind of has a holier-than-thou attitude with some people that irks me the wrong way, but she's never said anything bad to me. And she's hot so that's, like, 10 bonus points on my friend-o-meter. I just haven't had a chance to break the ice with her, but if she's Billy's newest target there's an opportunity there.

"One sec Maria," I say to her before turning to face Ariana. She's chatting with Eve Morse about...clothes shopping? I don't know. But I also don't know how much time we have left before class officially starts so...

Just as I open my mouth to say something, suddenly my confidence just evaporates. "Uh...hey," I barely manage to get out. "Uh sorry to interrupt, but is there something going on between you and Billy Baggs? Not romantically, I mean."

Goddammit Marko.

quote:

turning on Ariana
# 4
Details:[2d6+1 # (1 2)]

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom

The vision comes in step with the music, a beating bass artery in lockstep with the chants and shouts of a roaring party. There's a certain kind of isolation that being surrounded brings - and this is my loving jam. Blurred faces, alcohol flowing freely. This could be my kingdom, mine, no Russ involved. Empire of the burnouts. But is that what I really want?

A sudden shot of clarity brings Joanna to my arm and an undercurrent of something more sinister. Blood, tears, sweat, an outburst of emotion. Something raw and unreal. Something that smells like Russ. Wait... how can anything smell like him?

Before I can answer, the shroud is lifted and it's Joanna in my ear again, the soft churn of classroom hubbubs. I... I can't help myself. I open one eye and fix her with a piercing stare, "Yes, actually, I am." I raise my eyebrows, "And they say I should go to the party! Maybe you should be listening to them too!"

With a chuckle, I spin out of my chair and wander towards the back of the classroom, grabbing my water bottle out of my backpack and taking a short swig as I survey the room. I'm closest to Alanis, currently being spun a bit of a tale by Mordecai. Who clearly didn't learn his lesson from Chad but whatever not my problem. I'm content to just observe for now.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Bobby Lee looks at you. "Talking with your girl and then flirting with someone else in front of her?" He turns to Maria. "I guess that's the best someone like you can get though." You notice a couple of people nearby hearing Bobby Lee and glancing over to see what happens. Maria hesitates, stuck between the choice of chastising you for something you're not actually doing or let everyone else think she's okay with being cheated on. What do you do?

T.K.: "T.K.!" Joanna says disapprovingly as she follows you. "You're joking, right? Right? I know you're not serious! Don't joke about things like that!" She pauses. "So...should I tell Jeremiah you're coming with me or...?" What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom


Something bristles inside me at Bobby's remark. Something that sorely wanted me to get up and slap the poo poo out of him in front of the class.

It takes effort to quiet that something down, to push it down and back into the darkness. Too much effort.

"I'm just asking a question," I growl out at him. I glance at Maria and quickly try to change the tone of my voice.

"I'm...just making sure my classmates are safe, babe. That's all!"

quote:

shutting down Bobby
# 5
Details:[2d6-1 # (4 2)]

Marking down Exp for rolling Cold

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 0 |Conditions: Dead Meat| Location: Homeroom

"Sure that would be.. good" I added uncertainly. I was pretty sure that was the expected response and it wasn't like I had much in the way of clothes to choose from or much knowledge of modern day fashion to work with even. Still I could navigate that problem as I came to it and at least Eve seemed to be a natural at that sort of thing. Alanis of course was making much more out of this than there was of course but then doesn't she always seem to. It's like it's not enough for her that she has good things everyone else has to have thing being bad as well.

And then of course man mountain Marko had to stick his head in. He's all cute and muscley and well drat, but then he had to ruin it all by opening his mouth. "No there is nothing going on between Billy and me" I added coldly "and even if there was it's none of your business." I would deal with Billy myself if it came down to it rather than let Marko solve my problems for me. I hadn't taken my freedom only to hand it over to the first cute guy I ran across.

quote:

shutting down Marko
# 8
Details:[2d6+1 # (2 5)]

giving Marko the condition Nosy he can give me one back

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom

Joanna is now following me and I'm done. I fix her with a cold stare. "No. Leave me alone."

quote:

shut down Joanna
# 4
Details:[2d6-1 # (3 2)]

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 1| Conditions:| Location: Homeroom

"Don't worry, I can deal with Jerry. You should come though, it'll help build your rep back up. Bit of advice though, girl-to-guy? You might want to cut back on drinking all those 'aged-approved drinks', no girl likes dancing with someone that's loose limbed from drink." I cut off as T.K. approaches. I look the boy up and down appreciably before meeting his eyes. I can see some of why of the other girls in the school have been crushing on him, he was sort of handsome if you were into that whole dark, gloomy and broody look. I open my mouth to greet him- I still need to figure out what the gently caress he was doing spraying that weird-rear end symbol on our property- when the world decided that the corner of the room I was in needed even more drama. Suddenly, that bad mood that I was starting to molt was threatening to come back with a passion.

"I'll be right back, I'll go talk with Jerry while the latest edition of Degrassi decides to begin here." I snip as I get out of my desk and head over to Jeremiah's.

"Hey Jerry, I heard that someone's donated all of the drinks at the party," I sideeye Preston rummaging around in his bag, "I do hope that won't be a problem if I decide to show up. We've been friends for years, and I hope that one boy's futile persistance in chasing me won't let that come between us." I give him my most winning smile, and think perfect.

quote:

Manipulate Jeremiah
# 11
Details:[2d6+2 # (5 4)]

berenzen fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 4, 2021

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Mmaria nods. "Yeah, I figur-"

Bobby Lee just grins as he says "Pathetic." No one watching seems to believe you - and you notice Mr. Kelsey turning around and noticing the hostility between the two of you and you and Ariana.

"Hey, what's going on over there?" He's talking to the three of you...but you realize he's focusing on you. "Marko, you're not trying to start another fight are you?" What do you do?

T.K.: Joanna looks somewhat hurt, but recovers. "It's okay. Look, I'll talk to Jermiah and you can talk to me when you feel better, all right?" She smiles and turns away.

Joanna takes a String on you

What do you do?

Alanis: Jeremiah looks up from his phone, presumably texting other people about the party. "Oh! Sure Alanis, that should be fine." He looks over to Preston, who seems a bit huffy now that you're coming after insulting him like that - but he doesn't say anything and Jeremiah looks back to you. "Yeah, see you there then." What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Homeroom

quote:

Giving Ariana the condition Icy

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress You Bobby Lee or Bob Howard or whatever the gently caress your name is.

Despite my angry thoughts, those base, primal urges I've been feeling before seem to give way from fight to flight. The teacher's eye is on me now. I HAVE to play it cool.

"No, Mr. Kelsey, I'm actually trying to prevent one. I've...learned my lesson from last time and I think I got a little carried away." I say, raising my voice so he could hear.

I reach out and lightly touch Maria. I lower my voice but keep it loud so at least Mr. Kelsey can still make out what I'm saying. "Sorry, babe, I didn't mean for it to come across like I'm fooling around. Forgive me?"

It's drama theater now, so might as well play it up. And hope Maria plays along.

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 4, 2021

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 1| Conditions:| Location: Homeroom

"Thanks a bunch Jerry! See you there." All finished up, I started to head back to my seat. The back left corner of the room was on the verge of getting a dressing down, and even if it wasn't to fully degenerate into absolute chaos, it was still worth watching with a front row seat. Returning, I smile at T.K. who seemed to be finished up with Joanna, and still at the back of the room.

"T.K., you doing ok? You seem tired. Have you been having a bunch of late night liasons?" I tease hoping to maybe get a bit of information about what the hell that tag he was putting up was. Plus I managed to con a favour out of him for letting him tag our property, and it's best to know what his limits were. Taking a seat, I start to split my attention between him and the drama that Marko was desperately trying to defuse.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Maria nods. "Of course Marko. I understand." She smiles, but you can see there's still a little bit of doubt among the classmates watching. Bobby Lee has a wicked smile on his face as he watches you trying to deal with what he caused.

"Well...okay," Mr. Kelsey says. He looks a little hesitant on dealing with teen love and turns his gaze over to Ariana. What do you do?

Ariana: "Everything okay over there?" Mr. Kelsey asks. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Homeroom


I can feel the heat come off me, although judging by the faces of my fellow classmates not everyone's fully convinced. I'll probably have to kiss Maria or do some other PDA after class again to keep our cover from being blown.

I just need to keep my cool till I score those invites off Jeremiah. It's just...it's maddening y'know? Having to...behave myself for the sake of my friend. Since the nightmares started my hormones have just been in overdrive and JUST when I'm starting to really flex my confidence muscles, I now have to keep them in check. I don't think Maria understands it. I don't think she ever could.

You know what my problem is? I care too drat much.

And then there's that gently caress Bobby Lee grinning over the mess he's caused. I swear, when no one's around and no one's looking, I'll show him that there are worse things that can happen to him than just being labeled a creep. The thought of driving my hand into his jaw and feeling the impact on my knuckles as bone and teeth give way pleases the thing inside me. Enough that it actually relaxes me a bit.

I flash a smile back at Bobby, one that says I'm not forgetting this anytime soon. And when I'm finished with him, neither will he.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom

Well, at least Joanna is dealt with for now. Can almost guarantee it'll be a bigger problem later. But by that logic, what isn't?

I sink further into the wall. Marko is going for broke with Maria and Billy from the looks of things... he's been nice to me recently if a bit judgmental. I guess I could step in if things go downhill. But before any of that...

Alanis sizes me up and I can tell she wants to ask more than she lets on. She definitely wants to know what I've been up to... but nobody would understand Russ. I shrug off the thought and turn towards Alanis to respond with as charming a smile as I can muster. "Why, would you like to be one of my late-night liaisons again?"

quote:

turn on Alanis
# 4
Details:[2d6 # (2 2)]

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 0 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Homeroom

"I'm fine," I said through gritted teeth. And I was, it's just I was getting annoyed at everyone thinking they knew what was best for me or wanting to use me for something. Like now even Mr Kelsey wanted something from me although I wasn't sure what. What was his deal anyway? Why did he want to control me?

quote:

What does Mr Kelsey want with me?
# 4
Details:[2d6 # (2 2)]

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Bobby Lee just looks back at you, with that grin on his face - like he knows something. What do you do?

T.K.: You try to throw Alanis off, but she clearly isn't fazed by it. What do you do?

Alanis: T.K.'s trying to charm his way past you - but you see right through it and know he's trying to avoid answering anything you might ask about what he was doing that night.

Gain a String on T.K.

What do you do?

Ariana: You look at Mr. Kelsey, thinking on what you know about him. He's seen you in school and at church when the Wallaces bring you every Sunday. He's tried to talk to you before, but you're not sure what's up with him. However, Mr. Kelsey notices you trying to study him and walks over to you. "Ariana, why don't we talk about whatever's bothering you outside the classroom?" You realize Mr. Kelsey knows something's up with you...but he seems to think it's normal teen things. What do you do?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 1 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Outside Homeroom


"Ok, then" I said, Clearly I wasn't going to get out of this easily. I stood up from my seat. At least I wouldn't be left wondering what he wanted with me anymore. I let him lead me out of the classroom and before he could say anything I kinda unleashed everything on him "Look honestly I'm fine, I can look after myself ok? I don't need or want your help or anyone else's help for that matter. I just want to be left alone by everyone while I figure out what I want to do with my life. Is that too much to ask?"

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 1| Conditions:| Location: Homeroom

Normally, I didn't mind T.K. He is usually quiet and keeps to himself, but between him trespassing and this... I hesitate to call it flirting because it's so atrociously bad, I was beginning to lose my patience with him. With Mr. Kelsey leaving the room with Ariana, the whole situation with Billy and Marko was going to explode. Best to shut this down before it gets out of control.

"You are trespassing on dangerous ground, T.K." I say, caught off guard from his assertiveness, "you don't want to get caught out, do you? You might find yourself wholly out of your depth. You'll find yourself landing in pitfalls you have no desire to be in"

Shut Down T.K.
# 4
Details:[2d6+1 # (2 1)]

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Homeroom


Well thank God for you, Ariana. Sucks we got off on the wrong foot but I'll owe you...something...for this. Maybe. If I remember.

Anyway, as soon as she and teach disappear out the door, my patience to set Bobby straight in the nearby future dissolved pretty quickly. I stood up, took a brisk walk to the side of his desk, bent down slightly like I'm going to whisper something to him, and slapped a hand on his opposite shoulder. "Ok, Bobby, look we should clear something up real quick..."

My fingers bite into his shoulder and I pull him close, our faces barely a few inches away from each other. I seethe into his ear whispering, "I don't know what you know or what you think you know about me and Maria, but you leave her the gently caress alone and maybe I'll think twice about eating your forearm like strips of bacon. Ask Billy if I'm lying."

At that I loosen my grip and pat his shoulder a few times. "Cool? Cool. Good talk!"

quote:

manipulate Bobby
# 10
Details:[2d6+1 # (3 6)]

I didn't wait to hear his response since I didn't know how long Mr. Kelsey is going to be gone...and I don't think I needed to at this point. I headed back to my seat, giving Maria a wink on my way.

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 10, 2021

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Ariana: Mr. Kelsey says, "Ariana, we all need help. You're not the only person struggling with something. Now this issue of trying to figure out what to do in life - do you mean your future? Or is there something right now that you need to deal with?" What do you do?

Alanis: You notice Mordecai has been keeping an ear on your interaction and has just heard you whisper angry threats to T.K. It looks like he thought there was something more mundane going on but realized a little too late it's something serious. He tries to pretend like he was too focused on his phone to hear you two. What do you do?

Marko: Bobby Lee looks up at you. "Jesus. All right, no skin off my back, rear end in a top hat." It looks like Mr. Kelsey and Ariana are still talking outside - you should be able to talk with Jeremiah right now unless you want to leave that for later. What do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Homeroom


Just as I'm turning my butt to take my seat, I glance up expecting Mr. Kelsey and Ariana to already be walking back into class. But they're not. Maybe she really is in some sort of trouble?

Regardless, no one's talking to Jeremiah now and chances are a bunch of people will chat him up for party invites after class. Now or never, I suppose.

I stand back up and make my way to Jeremiah's desk, making sure to take a detour behind Bobby and "accidentally" bumping his head with my elbow.

I admit I get warm, fuzzy feelings with Jeremy. We haven't talked too much but he's generally nice to me. I wish he wasn't as popular with the shitheads in school but I guess he can't help it. Also the hair covering the missing eye look? Very cool. And mysterious. And I think I'm gushing over him just a little too much.

I squat next to him just below eye level and rest an elbow on his desk. Trying to look as relaxed and cool as I can, I talk to him in a low and husky voice while flashing him a warm smile like we've been friends for years.

"Hey man, I heard you're throwing a big party tonight. Is it cool if me and my girl can pop in?" I ask, motioning with my head to where Maria is sitting.

quote:

turn on Jeremiah
# 10
Details:[2d6+1 # (4 5)]

quote:

Gain a string on Jeremiah

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 12, 2021

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom

Alanis isn't buying it, in fact she serves it right back to me on a silver platter. I grimace a bit internally - she's still holding that tagging stuff against me. It isn't hard to read this as a threat. "Whoa," I blurt, then add with a shrug, "Message received. You do you, Winthrop."

Despite the cool facade, internally it's a struggle. I'm gonna need to find some dirt on her, and fast. With one earbud in, I quickly change tracks. Russ tends to respond faster to... certain music.

No one asks me for dances because I only know how to flail
I always hit like I'm drowning, dead arms around him
I'd rather stand still
Hold tightly to the walls


I communicate in our secret way while I study Alanis' face. Give me something here... something I can use against her.

quote:

Using Uncanny Voices - Giving Russ a String in order to realize a secret about Alanis. Alanis will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 12, 2021

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 1 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Outside Homeroom

Well both, technically. What with Billy threatening to beat me up. I could probably take him but then I thought I could probably outstare him. Maybe I wasn't as strong or as independent as I thought I was, What between this and giving into Eve so easily maybe I was weak and needed someone to tell me what to do...

No I'd come this far on my own, Still I'd have to give him something otherwise I'd never get out of this. "Look I'm fine, really" I said begrudgingly "It's just I've never really had time for anything other than survival and now that the pressure is off a little I'm not entirely sure what I want to do with that freedom. I just need time to figure it out. and if I think I need help I'll ask for it ok?" Of course that didn't answer his questions, I'm not sure I did have an answer. It had always been about the mission before, but now there was no mission there was just me. It was both wonderful and terrifying and definitely something to think about. Who was I when I wasn't playing a part?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 1| Conditions:| Location: Homeroom

quote:

quote:
Using Uncanny Voices - Giving Russ a String in order to realize a secret about Alanis. Alanis will reveal one of their secret fears, secret desires, or secret strengths (they choose.)

One of Alanis' greatest fears is losing her autonomy of self to her grandfather. She fears that the further that her grandfather coils around her, the more that she will lose any sort of grasp on her humanity.

T.K. seems to have gotten the message, but I'm still seething inside. I take a breath and try to calm down. T.K. is still hanging around though, staring at me with almost a furious intensity. It's almost like he's trying to peer into my soul, and it's getting to levels beyond uncomfortable. And it's not like I'm going to be able to have a half-decent conversation with Mordecai, who seemed to be burying his attention into his phone. Great, now I'm gonna have to try to coax Mordecai out of his shell again. And it's going to be even harder now considering what I just said to T.K.

"I don't think you did receive the message, T.K. considering you're still here, acting like a total loving creep." I hiss, "Get. Lost."

quote:

Spending a string on T.K. to give him the condition Creep

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009


T.K., Infernal Extraordinaire
Hot 0 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 1
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Location: Homeroom | Conditions: Creep

A cold chill runs through me at the whispers coming from Russ. There's a lot more going on with her than she lets on. Poster-girl of family power, she's always seemed a little above everybody else at school, though not unafraid to speak her mind. I guess everybody has their demons...

I almost start to empathize with her, but then she hits me with another piercing cutdown and I can tell she's done with me... hopefully for good. I shrug it off as best I can and turn away, heading back to my seat and ruminate, buried in the music of the moment...

I don't care, I don't care anymore
I don't care, I don't care


quote:

gazing about grampa winthrop - Is he a threat to me?
# 4
Details:[2d6+1 # (1 2)]

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 13, 2021

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


Marko: Jeremiah looks surprised when you lean in and whisper into his ear. "Y-well..." He thinks. "Listen, no offense Marko, but there won't be any...problems if you're there right?" It's pretty obvious he's worried about a fight ruining the party. What do you do?

Ariana: "What sort of things are you trying to figure out?" Seems like Mr. Kelsey has picked up that you're being evasive. "Ariana, it's part of my duty to God to ensure kids like you are doing all right. Would you like to talk about this with your parents after church this Sunday?" What do you do?

Alanis: Now that T.K. has head back to his seat, what do you do?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007



Marko Hart the Werewolf
Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 2 | Dark -1|
Harm 0 | Exp 2 | Conditions: Nosy | Location: Homeroom


Better be careful with this. I let out a small chuckle, "Nah, no offense taken. And I promise I won't cause any problems at the party. I want to go have some fun, not start fights." I feel an unexplained tinge of disappointment with those last words but it swiftly passes. "Besides, worst case scenario? Maria'll be there to smack me on the snout if I get out of line."

My ears pick up some aggressive sounding whispering coming from Alanis' corner of the room. A quick flicker of my eyes and I can see a somewhat sullen looking T.K. making his way from Alanis' desk. I can probably hazard a guess or two what happened there...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M


Ariana Wallace
Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile 1 | Trespass/Forgiveness 0|
Harm 0 | Exp 1 |Conditions: Dead Meat, Icy| Location: Outside Homeroom

Duty to god, that was a good line. I'd done my duty, I'd been a good loyal little agent and look where it'd gotten me. I opened my mouth to tell him that. That following gods will was a waste of his time and mine but what would that accomplish, It'd just start another fight. One I couldn't win and I wasn't sure was worth fighting, still there had to be something I could say that would get him to back off get all of them to back off from the bastard at the top down, was I just wanted to be left alone too hard to understand?

quote:

gazing into heaven as a hateful child
# 9
Details:[2d6 # (4 5)]

the visions are confusing and alarming;

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012



Alanis Winthrop, the Serpentine
Hot 2 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0 | Exp 1| Conditions:| Location: Homeroom

With T.K. gone, I relax a little. I turn around to Mordecai, who is still trying to desperately ignore the entire exchange between the creep and I. I force a smile to my face and turn to him.

"Anyway, I managed to get myself sorted for Jerry's party. I still think you should come though. It'll take work, but building up your reputation again will be good for you. Get your name back out there, and don't let one mistake define the rest of your high school career. Just take the advice I was giving you earlier, and you'll be fine."

Attempting to help get Mordecai's rep back up could only do good things for me. Either he was successful, and feels favourable towards me, or he fucks up and it's not like it's skin off my back. I'm seen doing the charitable work of trying to help him out and if I play it right it right, I shouldn't really face any real consequences of his gently caress ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman


T.K.: There's just the music in your ears as you start to think on Alanis' grandfather - and then you hear Russ whisper in your ear.

"Do not worry about the Winthrop family." There's a moment where you only hear the music again, and then he continues. "They will have other problems to focus on soon enough." What do you make of Russ saying that? Joanna is looking over at you, trying to see if you're still in a grumpy mood before talking to you again. What do you do?

Marko: Jeremiah thinks to himself, and then looks up at you. "Yeah, sure. You and Maria can come. Oh, mind dropping by to help me set things up? I could use some extra hands around the house." What do you do?

Ariana: You gaze upwards, angry at God. Darkness fills the area until only you and Mr. Kelsey are bathed in the light of Heaven. You can see he has the light of God upon him, something you've seen before in devout believers. A man who truly believes and is genuine. But in reaching your mind out to God, you might also realize He is using this to try and sway you. It occurs to you that if you just give Mr. Kelsey something to solve, he'll feel like he did right by you and will back off.

But as you watch, the light from him dims. You've also seen this before - and it usually means something bad is about to happen. Life in this world is hard, even for those who follow God's words. Things suddenly snap back to normal and Mr. Kelsey is waiting for you to say something. What do you do?

Alanis: Mordecai tries to pretend like he didn't see you coming. "Oh! Yeah, maybe...maybe you're right." He seems a little unnerved by what he just found out but he seems to like the idea of heading to the party. What do you do?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply