Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Final Fetishy, : Square goes furry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Meme Poker Party posted:

You know I'm pretty much always nice to lurkers and encourage them to post more.

However

if you can tell me what else that game was supposed to be for i'm all ears

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Kojima directed Deus Ex reboot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
If i knew how to make games i'd want to make a first person exploration game where you're in a giant scifi city. it would be 2.5d ala doom or duke nukem with lots of interactive objects, hidden minigames, weird secrets in the middle of nowhere, that sorta stuff. there wouldn't really be much of a "game" too it, maybe with some light simulation aspects like doing jobs to get stuff to customize a your character or a living space. there'd be a day night cycle and events or characters that have daily schedules. i think it would be interesting to build a massive space that still feels real and fill it with interesting and obscure things to do

i guess it would be similar to diaries of a spaceport janitor but bigger, in first person and with even less of a goal.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 1, 2021

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Bloodlines 2.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
A big open world with dungeons and monsters ala Zelda Breath of the Wild with co-op m

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
No One Lives Forever 3

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
A fall guys/battle royale style mass multiplayer game where players race to finish randomly generated dungeons and solve puzzles

players can collide with each other and have ways to gently caress with each other but can't directly attack or damage other players

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt
Something like star citizen, but produced by a competent studio and director and with the star citizen fanbase preemptively banned.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Bushido Blade 3

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I just want a game where you interact with the environment like in The Sims but instead of making people sit in chairs or whatever you're in a Jackie Chan style action movie and you use everything as a weapon.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Tetris
but with guns
and you get to play as a wombat.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

this sad, fallen world could use another car combat game, imo

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
bubble bobble vs turok

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SatansOnion posted:

this sad, fallen world could use another car combat game, imo

A mad max sequel with increased focus on the car combat stuff would be cool

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

If i knew how to make games i'd want to make a first person exploration game where you're in a giant scifi city. it would be 2.5d ala doom or duke nukem with lots of interactive objects, hidden minigames, weird secrets in the middle of nowhere, that sorta stuff. there wouldn't really be much of a "game" too it, maybe with some light simulation aspects like doing jobs to get stuff to customize a your character or a living space. there'd be a day night cycle and events or characters that have daily schedules. i think it would be interesting to build a massive space that still feels real and fill it with interesting and obscure things to do

i guess it would be similar to diaries of a spaceport janitor but bigger, in first person and with even less of a goal.

I also want this but I’m ok to keep it third person. While you were describing it I was totally getting ready to recommend Diary of a Spaceport Janitor and I deffo wish that game were bigger.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

staberind posted:

My Man, have you tried Factorio?

Yes love it. Now imagine Factorio with RTS elements you can play against other people.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WoW but it's just World PVP and nothing else, no dailies, no campaign, no story, just the world and there are other people playing the game with warmode on.

My dream game was PUBG before it imploded, preferably if it had its issues/fps fixed. It was the most fun I had in a game, even though it was a janky mess.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Applewhite posted:

Yes love it. Now imagine Factorio with RTS elements you can play against other people.

1v1 no rush 4 hours

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Buttchocks posted:

No One Lives Forever 3

Neither resources nor technology can overcome multiple media companies all refusing to take ownership of the license while also refusing to find out who does own it

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
first person beatemup VR game with some glove-type stuff that gives you haptic feedback and resistance for your whole arm so you can get some resistance when you go to tear the guts out of a demon and then you can use whatever you pulled off the demon to beat other demons to death, and it really isn't about guns or whatever you're just a big lumbering hobo like in condemned 2 or the most recent splatterhouse game so ya know if there is something that looks like it'd be a decent implement of destruction you pick it up and use it until it breaks or gets stuck in a ribcage or whatever

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
and you're in some kind of prison planet for demons so it's not just demons, it's where demons go when they're too hosed up for the other demons, like "holy poo poo that guy did something unforgivably bad even for us monsters" so you know they are super hosed up and will wreck your poo poo if you don't tear them apart or join a demon prison gang

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
since someone already said half-life 3: a sequel to donkey kong country 2, but not like DKC3 with the dumb baby, i mean a sequel specifically to the second game that uses the same main characters but new levels, new environment, new enemies, new music, but in a way that keeps with the same spooky theme, style, ambience and difficulty level.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A wrestling game where the object is to try to put on the best match so instead of fighting against each other you and your opponent are working together. You'd have to cooperate to do moves and build sort of a rythm together. Also, miscues could lead to hilarious botches.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

i just wanted to play barkley 2, but like actually good

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

Plaster Town Cop

Regrettable posted:

A wrestling game where the object is to try to put on the best match so instead of fighting against each other you and your opponent are working together. You'd have to cooperate to do moves and build sort of a rythm together. Also, miscues could lead to hilarious botches.

This would make a hell of a couch coop game

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
A driving in Florida simulator where you drive at normal speeds but everybody else is whizzing right by you at hypersonic speeds and you randomly teleport around town, sometimes into farmers markets. The radio is set to AM talk radio where they tell you how smart you are but then start screaming about how theyre gonna kill you and skin you alive. The radar tells you how to get home but it changes location every time you teleport, which is random but pretty often. Sometimes braking makes you go faster instead.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
one more:

a remake of postal 2 with gameplay redesigned for VR

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
A game that is just the premise of the show Voyager. Thousands of simulated sectors of space, randomly generated planets and peoples, diplomacy, combat, mercantile. No saving. Basically a huge space roguelike.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Ff7 remake, but all of it, a ton of new side things and ff8 and 9 too.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

A text adventure game about posting in a forum

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
A sequel to Aces Wild with weapons and/or mystical kung fu moves.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
More Mega Man X games but it's monster-of-the-week format (i.e. like the original series) instead of whatever fart huffing apocalypse story they wanted to tell.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

A game where you could go anywhere in the world in the game, all real life. Like your childhood home, or the coliseum, or down some random street in Calcutta.

nobody tell this guy about streetview

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
A business sim based on Castlevania where you are Death and you want to retire so your grand plan is to turn humanity into immortal vampires with the aid of your business partner, Dracula.

Also a MMORPG based on the Rockstar Warriors game where players make up their own gang and take over turf in massive brawls but can lose the turf while they are not playing the game. VR compatible

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
boogerman open world

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Pretty much any MMO that isn't EVE but with neuromancer level fully immersive VR.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

War of the Monsters 3

or a some crazy rear end Kaiju thing where the goal is just "gently caress up this city" (bonus points if its VR)

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Xaintrailles posted:

Wizard Master post simulator.

n'thing Wizard Master. Something like Master of Magic, Dominions 5 and Dwarf Fortress mixed together, where you start and a lowly page and can work your way to being a Grandmaster where you can shape entire planets, interdimensional travel, time travelling, etc... Something like Planescape on crack. You can built fantastical castles in the sky, shrink your wizards tower to the size of a a grain of sand and hide it in a desert, gigantic dungeons underground, glass domes underwater, or weird and alien constructions in space and alternate dimensions. You can spend time learning spells or crafting your own (like a really complex version of Magicka's spell system), gathering forbidden knowledge, training apprentices that can do their own thing, and choosing if you want to help people, fend off attacks from heroes, armies and thieves that want you dead, or ignoring all of that and do your own thing. There would be other wizards like you with their own grand plans and you could choose to interact with them how you see fit. You could live your life as a small hedge wizard in a town, with your own tower and could interact with the people of the town however you want, each with their own stories, backgrounds and personalities, or could form your own guild of wizards that have a shared goal in mind, or could work your way to becoming a demi lich, etc... Just ridiculously complex. Also multiple starts, ranging from lowly peasant, to apprenticing in a wizard academy, to outer-dimensional horror. I wouldn't even mind if it was just text-based.

Failing that, I'd like a mature version of Will Wright's Spore completely re-done, with more realism, less gimmicks and way more fleshed-out ideas regarding the evolutionary stages in the original game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Entorwellian posted:

n'thing Wizard Master. Something like Master of Magic, Dominions 5 and Dwarf Fortress mixed together, where you start and a lowly page and can work your way to being a Grandmaster where you can shape entire planets, interdimensional travel, time travelling, etc... Something like Planescape on crack. You can built fantastical castles in the sky, shrink your wizards tower to the size of a a grain of sand and hide it in a desert, gigantic dungeons underground, glass domes underwater, or weird and alien constructions in space and alternate dimensions. You can spend time learning spells or crafting your own (like a really complex version of Magicka's spell system), gathering forbidden knowledge, training apprentices that can do their own thing, and choosing if you want to help people, fend off attacks from heroes, armies and thieves that want you dead, or ignoring all of that and do your own thing. There would be other wizards like you with their own grand plans and you could choose to interact with them how you see fit. You could live your life as a small hedge wizard in a town, with your own tower and could interact with the people of the town however you want, each with their own stories, backgrounds and personalities, or could form your own guild of wizards that have a shared goal in mind, or could work your way to becoming a demi lich, etc... Just ridiculously complex. Also multiple starts, ranging from lowly peasant, to apprenticing in a wizard academy, to outer-dimensional horror. I wouldn't even mind if it was just text-based.

Failing that, I'd like a mature version of Will Wright's Spore completely re-done, with more realism, less gimmicks and way more fleshed-out ideas regarding the evolutionary stages in the original game.

... This is not at all what a wizard master post simulates