Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

there were injury rumors around him which is why he fell to #10, and I guess the Mets didn't do their own evaluation of him before the draft and instead went on reports from his personal doctor and/or the physio(s) at Vanderbilt

which is worryingly naïve for a professional sports team

"Why didn't you ask Beltran anything about his time in Houston before you hired him as manager?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Cohen shouldn't be on twitter.

No one should be on twitter.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

This guy was actually in the Mets org at the beginning of the year as it turns out

He got hurt in May or June. Didn't realize he was a Cub now.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I was so upset when the Mets didn't sign Wheeler and then traded away Matz.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

SAY NO MORE, FRIEND

:mets:

It hurts.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I didn't want Bauer over the winter and I was pissed Sandy was so into his bullshit. Given how much of a piece of poo poo Bauer is, it now makes sense why the Mets were interested.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Baez has been a useless automatic strikeout on the Mets but who gives a gently caress if he and the entire team gestures at fans.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I mean....booing isn't a huge deal. It happens with dialed-in fan bases. Baez is coming from a small market. I guess he's used to unconditional love.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

0 for 5 with five Ks against the Marlins.

Money pls.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

bawfuls posted:

Yup the 2015 NLWCG should have been Dodgers-Mets, which is what that game5 ended up feeling like anyway.

If that made it easier to send Chase Utley home, so be it.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Do you have faith in Cole these days? Also, while I'd agree with booting Cashman, is Boone really an issue one way or the other?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

It's the Post y'all.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Baez could hit the baseball.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Meanwhile Brad Hand dfa'd lol

What, really?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

lol Baez just scored the winning run in thr bottom of the 9th.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Popete posted:

The whiplash of Mets fans booing Baez as he walks up to the plate to him hitting a 2 out infield single and then scoring 1st to home on a routine single to the outfield as stunned fans change their tune and start thumbs upping and cheering is amazing. Get bent Mets fans.

That's how it works. You new to the mecca of baseball or what?

Apparently Sandy is out looking for the diamond too. Amazing.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

mcmagic posted:

He's not the best pitcher.

Yeah but he's cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

This is great.