Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
everyone hates on zelda 2 but i think it is a very good game with some rough edges and i wish more games did that style of gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
windwaker kicks rear end! the only issue i ever had with it was the back and forth of having to decipher the maps. the remaster mostly fixes that and with the faster sailing in that version the game is almost perfect.

the cell shading has also aged really well and i wish nintendo would revisit that cartoony art style again since it has been way too long since we had a toon link game.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

AverySpecialfriend posted:

All Zeldas should be on the switch

all i want is the oracle games on the switch and the 3ds games and the GBA games and the other zelda games

zelda ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
link between worlds is good

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
windwaker was the first game i ever preordered because i wanted OoT Master Quest so bad lol

master quest owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

President Beep posted:

remember when people were all pissed off about wind waker’s cell shading? pathetic.

i remember.

i had just gotten the internet and used to hang out at this zelda fansite (i think it was called Grand Adventures?) and the forums were so pissed off at the first Windwaker trailer lol.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
the oracle games are good and more people should play them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
looking forward to breath of the wild 2...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

President Beep posted:

bigtime same. i still have so much left to do with botw 1 too. #Blessed.

i still need to finish the DLC lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
link's awakening owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
BotW 2 needs a fishing minigame like OoT's imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

gently caress fishing. The last thing I want when I'm looking for materials is having to play a dumbass minigame. Throw a bomb in the water and move on

gently caress you!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think its fine in other kinds of zelda games, but I can see why they dont have it in botw. Its rdr2 busywork poo poo.

i think both could work if they kept one as the quick and easy to get fish and the other as a minigame where you catch increasingly larger fish to show off to your zora pals without destroying their natural habitats in the process lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I like fishing minigames, but it would be so out of place in botw lol. Like what tools do you even have that are like fishing rods, aside from the runes (which were made to help you figght/get ready for Ganon) and the weapons you pick up. Just loling at getting into a whole dumb fishing sidequest and upgrading otherwise useless rods so you can get 100 rupees from thimble dick the stable hand.

perhaps you could throw ganon's balls back at him with the fishing rod just as you can with the bug net in LttP...

but you make a good point and i can see why they wouldnt add a fishing rod since BotW is about giving you only a few tools but letting you do a lot of things with them and the fishing rod would be kinda useless except for fishing

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
deflecting ganon's magic back at with him with a bottle ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
a new 2D zelda would own