Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hello Imp Zone,

The time has come for August's IK contest! The format for this month comes courtesy of our outgoing IK symbolic, whose idea for the new contest is as follows:

Imp Zone regulars who want to compete will select a Pokemon type combination. The types are as follows:

Select two to make your combination. In 24 hours, noon central time tomorrow, August 6th, we will roll a Pokemon type randomizer until we get a match with an Imp Zone regular's post, at which point they will be made IK for the month of August (and probably a few days in September since we're starting late again).

Please let me or symbolic know if any clarification on the rules is needed, and as always any noobs trying to enter will be pwned with extreme prejudice.

Good luck to all contestants!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The contest is officially closed and no further entries will be accepted. Rolling the type-combo generator now (there are 30 contestants and 306 possible dual-type combinations so depending on how lucky we get this might take a while)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Actually we got a match on our third roll, which I wasn't expecting and can only credit to divine intervention. Congratulations to God's chosen IK Bolverkur!

https://perchance.org/pokemon-types

As a psychic/dragon type, Bolverkur's signature attack is super effective against Spoderman, who faints in one hit and must spend the next 6 hours trekking back to the Pokemon Center.

Congratulations to Bolverkur, and better luck next month to our other contestants!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Congrats again to bolverkur, and we’re also going to be keeping symbolic on a little longer as Emergency IK, as bicyclops is still getting his irl situation settled just in time for me to have an irl situation of my own, so I expect I can’t be glued to the forums 24/7 like I usually am. Figure it’s probably best to not have every other ik missing in action while a new one is still trying to learn the ropes.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao