Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Declan MacManus posted:

tua is going to be good

the pats are going to be bad

False, on both accounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

sean10mm posted:

I mean Cowboys fans literally hated actual Tony Romo, and 21st century Pats fans are no better than 1996+ Cowboys fans.

Using the fans hating him as a barometer for him not being that good is dumb lol, vast majority of fans are dumb as poo poo. Like the people barstool caters to.

If he didn't get shackled with the clapper this wouldn't even be a discussion. Wade was a lovely HC too

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mac Jones will be good because everyone was sure he would be mediocre and the worst QB of the top 5 taken

Also because it will cause the most amount of misery and the world runs on that

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Cam already showed he can't play

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

10 is the perfect number for a guy named Mac

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I'm not worried about that because Cams ability to play like rear end is strong. He'll play his way off the field if Jones doesn't just outright take the job first. Either way, it's inevitable.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

:psyduck:

No way this is real

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

That is a pathetic attempt to fight for that ball by Harry. He sucks.

Like I said, he is charmin soft

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Jets are cursed, good lord

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

fsif posted:

If I had the opportunity to guarantee Jones would be a Carr or Dalton level QB in both skill and success for the next 7 years I'd take it.

The truly karmic outcome, though, would be Jones kicking off an endless cycle of drafting a QB, convincing yourself he shows promise despite underperforming in his first two years, then kicking him to the curb after year 3 and drafting anew. Patriots fans don't know what it's like to have the type of season where you have to talk yourself into believing the obviously lovely player might make the leap in his third season while the rest of the league laughs at you.

Drew Bledsoe :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mac Jones owns, can't believe he's actually good but I'm glad he is

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

That's like all the Rams remaining draft picks lmao

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Michel is a JAG who has chronic knee problems, even getting something at all is a good deal

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1430552915924639749

https://mobile.twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1430559892092428297

Thanks for being a dummy Cam

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

According to Jeff Howe he had 18 straight completions at one point

NFC East gonna be lit this year

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Modern society is so dumb

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Raku posted:

The worst thing about Zolak having oatmeal for brains is now it's impossible for me to breathlessly follow every training camp throw on Twitter because that's all anyone talks about

I think the practices are no longer open to the public after this week and I don't know whether the media is allowed in anymore until the season starts either

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

He is not exactly a what anyone would call a wordsmith, he probably didn't mean it the way it came across. I was listening when he said it, and when you look at the statement in a vacuum yeah it doesn't look that great. More tone deaf than being malicious though, I think

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Ehud posted:

Done with the team if they do it.

Come root for Mac Jones

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Nick Caserio freed from Bills clutches now allowed to be a good GM and make his own moves like a big boy, everyone will see what he can do and why the Texans coveted him so much

oh...

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Kalli posted:

I think Cam will definitely get picked up, too many unvaccinated quarterbacks out there that will absolutely miss time, like Cam Newton.

Oh, but if a team signs him, he has to sit out for like 5 days right? lmao.

The irony here is Cam is also unvaxxed lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

McCorkle status: Unleashed

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Tim Whatley posted:

I hate Bill Simmons so loving much and I hate that he's a New England sports fan. I also hate the creepy cult following of Gen X weirdos that listen to everything he does and obsess over his bad movie podcast that references Heat 90 times an episode.

Bill Simmons owns. He makes people so angry, it's fantastic

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Kalli posted:

Bill Simmons was an interesting, breath of fresh air as a columnist 20 years ago and then never evolved and was lapped by everybody. Like Kevin Smith if he was put in charge of a movie studio.

The difference, I think, is that Simmons knows what his wheelhouse is and leans into it. Kevin Smith thinks he is a loving genius

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

The Pats need one more guy in case of injury/covid/not playing brian hoyer

BDN is available, just sayin

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I think Folk has some family things going on right now

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

To be fair to Romo, A LOT of people liked Darnold and maybe if he didn't end up on the Jets...

That also isn't the first person I've heard compare Wilson to Mahomes either. "The Mormon Mahomes" and so on. Still, a lofty rear end comparison if I've ever seen one lol

edit: oh he likes tua, yeah IDK what hes talking about now

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

He isn't wrong that Josh Allen would suck if the Jets drafted him though lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

t a s t e posted:

Final predictions?

Buffalo
Miami

NE

NY

BUF
NE
MIA
NY

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Jets are probably like a 5 win team, which is a big improvement over last years tire fire. They just need to get through the year without killing Wilson and it'll be a success

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

sean10mm posted:

:patssay: FOREVER NEW ENGLAND :patssay: as the fanbase drifts off to watching Tampa Bay

gently caress tampa bay

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I imagine Tampa is a nice place to live when the plague isn’t going around

As Fred likes to say, Florida should be paradise. It's the biggest failure we have as humanity that it is the way it is

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm extremely excited for Mac Jones and the new New England Patriots.

I am also still extremely sad Tom Brady is not on my football team anymore.

Me too, but I am sad that Jimmy is not here any more instead of Tom

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

It's McCorkle day

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I am more down on Allen than most people but he has probably legitimately improved enough that while he likely isn't going to repeat last year he should probably settle in at like a 61-63% completion percentage guy which is way better than it ever looked like he would be. Barring a total breakdown I don't think he is going to go back to being the bag of poo poo he was in 2018

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

tarbrush posted:

Yeah, sure, but the question is basically whether the Bills need him to be MVP grade to win 12 games. If he's borderline pro bowl rather than borderline MVP, what happens?

Their defense should still be good enough and they don't have a particularly hard schedule. The hardest games they have outside the division are KC and TB/NO. They get two free wins against the Jets unless AFC East clown ball happens, and another freebie against the Texans. Jags aren't as much of a freebie as the Texans but they should still win that game pretty easily. The Colts are a good team but Carson Wentz sucks and who knows if he'll even make it till November lol

Lets say they split with the Patriots, sweep the Jets and split with Miami, they should still win against:

Texans, Jags, Colts, Panthers, Falcons, WFT

I'm gonna say they lose to KC and split with TB/NO

Titans game who knows. That team is kind of a mess, I want to say the Bills should win

So that puts them at 10-12 wins, with a little variance there for maybe dropping a game against like WFT, the Titans, or losing both of the Saints/Bucs games

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

New thread title checks out

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

They can't bury him unless they unleash JJ Taylor cause Harris can't handle 25 carries a game all season

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Mike Reiss makes a good observation.

I really hate this idea that putting a talented player who fumbles the ball on the bench is somehow supposed to solve the problem. It's such a dumb-rear end old school tactic, it's maddening to watch.

Stevenson came back in after the fumble and got obliterated by Elandon Roberts on a blitz pickup that almost got Mac killed. It was the roughing the passer flag

That's when he got iced for good

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

fsif posted:

In what way is this matchup a Clone War lol

rookie qb battle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

sean10mm posted:

The real reason for Pats fans to worry is the OL looks like rear end in pass protection. And Jones isn't holding the ball forever, the blocking often just eats poo poo right at the snap.

The lack of Trent Brown is a Big Deal lol