Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nodelphi posted:

My sats have gone up, I’m at 98% so that’s great. I do have increased shortness of breath though so one step forward, one back. Despite my efforts to isolate from my family, my youngest has COVID now too, he is doing ok other than a cough and headache but we’re chilling together and having some bonding time. Everyone else in the family is vaccinated and asymptomatic so here’s hoping that they stay that way.

Hospital update: We saw a decrease in volumes just before school started but now things are going back up. This wave has plenty of gas left in the tank I think.

As a doctor I want to ask personally would you write an off label rx for a 9 year old using the phase 3 dosages for pfizer, or do you think it’s more important to wait for the trial data to come back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Covid is over

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/EvilHeat4/status/1429835557056749569?s=20
https://twitter.com/BlDEN2020/status/1429526425422471173?s=20

Which way Western man

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

heh, we're having a 'town hall' with medical staff regarding sending kids back to school and they're outright telling us that they've seen a significant drop in the efficacy of existing vaccines against Delta. Cool!!!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Good Citizen posted:

finally got a respirator in response to my office’s imminent plan to open er up. Works well. Can’t smell a lit incense an inch away from the vents.

Also almost impossible to hear what I’m saying when wearing it so hopefully it will discourage people from popping by my cube after the first attempt
gently caress yeah

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:coronatoot:

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Nodelphi posted:

Despite my efforts to isolate from my family

I'm curious about this. My wife and I have a plan if one of us is in contact or gets infected and I wonder if it's just pissing in the wind.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/laura_nelson/status/1429846704275087370?s=19

Oof.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgRHQHxHRZ8

Apr 7, 2003

This is with them cooking the books and imprisoning that lady who said they were cooking the books too

A long way back NPR interviewed a local reporter from the Villages in Florida and the reporter offhandedly mentioned a ridiculously high number of deaths in that community at the time 8% of the total population if I remember correctly.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
lol vaccine mandates.

go get your first shot by sep25th or else!

this will certainly prevent total healthcare collapse in the coming weeks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I missed out on $100 by becoming immune to the deadly pandemic early :mad:

https://twitter.com/GovEvers/status/1429859519761420293

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Nodelphi posted:

My sats have gone up, I’m at 98% so that’s great. I do have increased shortness of breath though so one step forward, one back. Despite my efforts to isolate from my family, my youngest has COVID now too, he is doing ok other than a cough and headache but we’re chilling together and having some bonding time. Everyone else in the family is vaccinated and asymptomatic so here’s hoping that they stay that way.

Hospital update: We saw a decrease in volumes just before school started but now things are going back up. This wave has plenty of gas left in the tank I think.
appreciate the posting through it, hope you and your family recover well

Apr 7, 2003

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
What level of collapse are y'all on? I'm at "never let the gas tank go below ¾ full."

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Atrocious Joe posted:

please everyone fill out the poll about how you fee about China's lockdown policy and if you support the CPC
https://twitter.com/MichaelPSenger/status/1429840747260366851?s=20

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Always the lagging indicator. Every loving time.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Koirhor posted:

As a doctor I want to ask personally would you write an off label rx for a 9 year old using the phase 3 dosages for pfizer, or do you think it’s more important to wait for the trial data to come back?

It gives me pause because there’s always a chance something that works fine in older children/adults will not interact well in young ones but I have been looking at the data and I think I would write an off label prescription for at least down to age 7.

I’m not personally involved with a pediatric trial but one of my good friends is and she is seeing good results. (Pfizer)

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

mdemone posted:

apparently all the peds in this particular office are gonna start jabbing kids left and right

Anecdotally I saw pediatricians on twitter saying theyd jab 11~ year olds with the 12 year old dose ASAP, but going lower they want to see what the suggested dosage is

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
kids' doc says no to under 12 vaccines

says it's still in trial so we don't know the appropriate dosing

... wasn't very open to me telling her it's 10 micrograms, just look up the trial

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

stone soup posted:

nah, in fact someone went so far as to do some extensive testing to show even if you tried to overload the fan it still wouldnt be a fire-hazard.

you can do that [single filter corsi] just fine but they find that the more surface area there is for filtration the more cfm the entire unit can process

edit;
using the page snipe for more corsi box reading:
https://www.texairfilters.com/how-a-merv-13-air-filter-and-a-box-fan-can-help-fight-covid-19/
-the og corsi box design--a boxfan & filter; author experiments with wider and wider filters to show air movemement increases with surface area

https://www.texairfilters.com/a-variation-on-the-box-fan-with-merv-13-filter-air-cleaner/
-this link shows the full corsi-cube
-merv13 filters are often sold in box-quantites only, so with that in mind i built 2 boxes for ~$145 usd in filters. the fans (~$20/ea) & duct-tape (~$10) mean that each box was ~$90.

https://chemicalinsights.org/wp-content/uploads/DIY-Box-Fan-Report-2021.pdf
-17 page pdf of testing that determines; a) this works b) its no fire-hazard

Add this to the OP, it's good info

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I looked at the last two weeks of death data and uhhh 16-29 year olds had a 15% growth in deaths and 20-29 years old had an 11% growth. everyone else was in single digits and decreasing a few % at each decade.

In raw numbers the olds had more deaths and were more vaccinated, but obviously there is some sad momentum going on with the younger and unvaccinated (probably something like 45% vaxxed)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

friends sister and niece had alpha, got jabbed, now have delta

they say its easier this time around

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TerryMcAuliffe/status/1429843066492526595

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

The Saucer Hovers posted:

friends sister and niece had alpha, got jabbed, now have delta

they say its easier this time around

i've been hearing it's easier to get delta yeah

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

you know you can just use the print screen button right

Apr 7, 2003

actionjackson posted:

you know you can just use the print screen button right

I'm posting on a separate computer

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Fun anecdote, my partner did a business presentation alone last night because his copresenter in Texas was at the hospital because his 15 year old had dangerously high levels of glucose. His kid now has diabetes. They had covid last year lol.

hurr hurr just catch covid and get it over with hurr hurr

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Somebody do something

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

I missed out on $100 by becoming immune to the deadly pandemic early :mad:

https://twitter.com/GovEvers/status/1429859519761420293

Yeah gently caress me for getting it before this arbitrary date right? Cool that you only get $100 if you’re a dipshit.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Strep Vote posted:

What level of collapse are y'all on? I'm at "never let the gas tank go below ¾ full."
got a 10lb bag of rice, 5lb bag of beans, a pack of toilet paper from costco, gas tank doesn't go below half full
lol but nothing matters because school starts in 2 weeks
:theroni:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Strep Vote posted:

Low key hoping on rent control to come through my neighborhood before I'm forced out. I figure if nothing else I could use it to extort my landlord to be rid of me.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Now that the vaccine has fill FDA approval, COVID is more over than it has ever been before.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Strep Vote posted:

I'm up to "buy another 10kg of rice as soon as you open the current 10kg bag of rice"

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Gio posted:

eat horse paste

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Looking at you, Inslee.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Oh, it was just a talking point? They don't actually care? No loving kidding!

Why anyone thought FDA approval would change anything is beyond me.

Apr 7, 2003

nomad2020 posted:

Low key hoping on rent control to come through my neighborhood before I'm forced out. I figure if nothing else I could use it to extort my landlord to be rid of me.

hey, remember that landlord in Texas who shot his tenants over unpaid rent?

Apr 7, 2003

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Oh, it was just a talking point? They don't actually care? No loving kidding!

Why anyone thought FDA approval would change anything is beyond me.

Turns out a remarkable number of people can't sniff out bad faith bullshit talking points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Woo hoo my mom, who lives with me, just got a breakthrough case. Going tomorrow for my test. School is supposed to start in a week for me lol. Man if I wasn't on an ACA plan I'd create a Max Titers dynasty.