Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
1. Count Chocula

The box is good. Both marshmallows and the cereal are solid. Gives you chocolate milk to drink at the end. Solid.

2. Banana Nut Crunch

Has nuts in the title. Various flavors of goodness. Good crunch. You can pretend it's healthy because it pretends to be. Con: It's hard to get the last bit on your spoon without drinking the milk first.

What's on your list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Frosted Mini-Wheats.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Cereal is a Saturday food. :crossarms:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Aardvark! posted:

Cereal is a M-F food - Saturdays are for pancakes and other breakfast foods that take a while to make.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Aardvark! posted:

Friday Forum is just open on Friday, the only content rules is enjoying things and relax.

I enjoy cereals

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
They have this at costco and its pretty good.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Frosted Mini-Wheats.
Came here to post this. Had a bowl this morning even!

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Malt o meal smores

It's got like 900% of your daily sugar and is almost definitely made from the leftover bits of other cereal at the factory

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I've been eating Magic Spoon, which is one of those online subscription grifts. It's supposed to be like kids cereal, but healthy. It leaves a bunch of ricey residue in my mouth and costs like, a bajillion bucks for a box which comes with 4 moderately-sized bowls of cereal. It's a terrible deal but it does taste good so it's been my go-to snack at least until I run out of my initial order.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

SerCypher posted:

I love to get up and discuss nuclear disarmament over a bowl of crunchy stuff designed to make me poop better.

Seriously, if I need to eat grains and stuff in the am, I just make some oatmeal or grits or something.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

frosted mini wheats or cinnamon life

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Frosted Krispies. Or Frosted Flakes.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I've been eating Magic Spoon, which is one of those online subscription grifts. It's supposed to be like kids cereal, but healthy. It leaves a bunch of ricey residue in my mouth and costs like, a bajillion bucks for a box which comes with 4 moderately-sized bowls of cereal. It's a terrible deal but it does taste good so it's been my go-to snack at least until I run out of my initial order.

I, too, listen to podcasts.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Is oatmeal a cereal?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

I'm eating oatmeal right now and vote yes

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hello again cereal enthusiasts

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Enfys posted:

I'm eating oatmeal right now and vote yes

🦜:hf: 🐦

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Is oatmeal a cereal?

If cereal is a soup then yes.. :thunkin:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

If cereal is a soup then yes.. :thunkin:

so like sloppy oatmeal to me

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

so like sloppy oatmeal to me

Might as well go full oat soup. :hai:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

fellow cereal killers,

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
reesee's peecees

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

these mfs are so good

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

You got your "plain" guys: rice chex, crispix. Real good, but you put your own sugar on them and I'm never sure if I'm adding more or less than is in pre-sugared cereal.

"Lightly flavored guys" like frosted flakes and cinnamon life, this stuff is pretty good whenever.

For fruit flavors, I go with a strawberry frosted mini-wheats or a berry or apple cinnamon cheerios. For some reason I get tired of these with like 1/10 of the box remaining and then they sit in the cupboard forever while I lie to myself about how i'm going to finish them.

I like a peanut butter cereal, but peanut butter captain crunch has the general captain crunch problem of tearing up your mouth and with stuff like reese's, I'm not as into the chocolate. So you gotta go for the "health" off-brand with a panda or such as a crude smiley face on the box.

And for a guilty pleasure, it's fruity pebbles all the way for me. When I was a poor young adult I would buy the knockoff brand and it wasn't great and I thought I'd just aged out of the sugar overload taste. Nope, I went back to the official kind with Fred Flintstone on the box and it turns out it still slaps. Not really a good one to have all the time but I don't get tired of it like the more responsible fruit choices.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Edward Mass posted:

Frosted Mini-Wheats.

:haibrow:

:haibrower:

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 27, 2021

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pen Expers
May 3, 2006

Pillbug

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
I'm hooked on muesli, more cereals should have a bunch of nuts and seeds.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

muesli is good

requires a lot of chewing

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Cheerios. All the flavors. Store brand versions are somehow never quite right.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Honey Nut Cheerios and mini wheats are my favorites

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
When im feelin real saucy i grab a box if recess puff cereal

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cocoa Pebbles. Not only are they chocolate, they turn your cereal milk into chocolate milk. It's fantastic.

Either that or Grape Nuts.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

When im feelin real saucy i grab a box if recess puff cereal

Recess Puffs! They're puffed! They're recessed! The Op-Art of cereals! Part of this complete trompe -la-bouche breakfast!

Yeah, I know. Me, I've been known to have peanut butter on toast for breakfast.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Drewsky posted:

:same:

Barco Fiesta
May 26, 2009

a fantasy of olives
gotta have my bowl gotta have cereal

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

SerCypher posted:

I got this on a whim, and agree it's pretty good. Pretty expensive as well, though; I make drat sure to follow the serving suggestion so I don't go through the whole box in four or five days. Other than that, I tend to like fairly "plain" cereals: Grape-nuts, Wheaties, Corn Chex, Spoon-size Shredded Wheat & Bran. Reminds me that I should really take the time to find a good muesli recipe and make it myself.

edit: Alternately, and conversely, there's this blast from the past:

sleeptalker posted:

It is shredded wheat. Not frosted. A big block of it in a plain white bowl, half full of milk. It is on a table, where a man sits. There is no other food on the table.

The man is dressed in a white shirt and black slacks, and he'll put on a tie when he's finished. Maybe he's not alone, it's just very early and his family is still asleep. He takes his spoon and turns the block of shredded wheat over in its bowl, so that the other side can soak. He feels his hunger, but he waits anyway. After a period of time, of a length roughly the same as yesterday, and the day before (this time-period has become instinctual for him), he picks up his spoon and begins to break the block up. Not completely of course, just into chunks that fit squarely onto the spoon. The chunks usually have one side that's soggy and one side that's still a little bit crunchy. The way he spoons each into his mouth, along with an appropriate quantity of milk, puts the crunchy side at his teeth and the soggy side on his tongue.

As he chews, the crunchy side gets pulverized while the soggy side is mashed up by the natural motion of the tongue while chewing. When he has eaten all the chunks, there is still milk left in the bowl, and in it the crumbs that resulted from breaking the initial block. He does not raise the bowl to his lips to drink the remainder; even though no one is there to see, he sticks to his etiquette and dutifully drains the bowl spoonful by spoonful. When he is finished, there are still crumbs in the bowl. He gets up from the table, takes the bowl to the sink, and quickly rinses it out. He leaves the bowl in the sink; it will be dealt with later. He walks away to get his things, and then he leaves. The sun has not yet risen.

Meaty Ore fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Drewsky posted:

These plus honey bunches of oats.

I also like golden grahams, when they get soggy you can scoop them up in massive spoonfuls that are weirdly satisfying. Haven't had them in years though.