Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starbridge64
Jun 5, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

He didn’t quite have the potential to be a capable man. He seemed clever, but his thoughts were one-dimensional. And his habit of making rhetorical questions… Goodness, was that annoying. Although I suppose he did have some talent, seeing as he managed to stay in Section 6 without getting demoted further. Perhaps it was savoir-faire, or mere luck.

Did get a chuckle out of that jab at Walter. :smug:

Also do like how dapper Salvador is, Yuna's design is pretty cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Combat violin. I love Yuna's design.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's for violince.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021

NullBlack posted:

I dunno. Wasn't L-Corp based on Carmen's idea? I think some rather dangerous things have come from that.

It was, though I think it's worth noting that Carmen herself did not seek to become a Wing.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

NullBlack posted:

I dunno. Wasn't L-Corp based on Carmen's idea? I think some rather dangerous things have come from that.

Carmen discovered Cogito and thought of it as the key to her Soul Therapy research. She probably had some progress in researching it, details unknown.
But the whole Abnormality extraction and energy generation method (and. in turn, the specific procedure for the Tree of Light) were tested out and applied by A, I guess.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I still wonder how Cogito was made. We know that Cogito is L Corp's singularity, which manifests the human mind. We know that during the original Lobotomy Corporation, Cogito-production and Abnormality creation happened solely at HQ. We see Carmen's disembodied, still living nervous system, which is said to be the source of Cogito.

So, was Carmen always the sole source of Cogito? If so, how did production start? Did she become the first E.G.O. user, and Cogito is Carmen's E.G.O.? An infectious type, that drags everyone else along with her ideas and way of doing things?

I'm also still not clear to me whether people are turned into Abnormalities, or whether Abnormalities spawn from the minds of people exposed to Cogito. Nothing There is heavily implied to be the employee Christopher, but we also have Binah and the Well, which sources Abnormalities not from any individual person but from the collective unconscious.

...You know, people turning into Abnos due to a crude application of Cogito seems similar to the Distortion - people's fears and traumas manifest on their own bodies into strange new shapes and abilities.
I guess being directly exposed to your real, true inner self is not always a good thing. Especially in a psychological and literal meatgrinder and haven of psychopaths like The City.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

Lunar Suite posted:

I still wonder how Cogito was made. We know that Cogito is L Corp's singularity, which manifests the human mind. We know that during the original Lobotomy Corporation, Cogito-production and Abnormality creation happened solely at HQ. We see Carmen's disembodied, still living nervous system, which is said to be the source of Cogito.

So, was Carmen always the sole source of Cogito? If so, how did production start? Did she become the first E.G.O. user, and Cogito is Carmen's E.G.O.? An infectious type, that drags everyone else along with her ideas and way of doing things?

I'm also still not clear to me whether people are turned into Abnormalities, or whether Abnormalities spawn from the minds of people exposed to Cogito. Nothing There is heavily implied to be the employee Christopher, but we also have Binah and the Well, which sources Abnormalities not from any individual person but from the collective unconscious.

...You know, people turning into Abnos due to a crude application of Cogito seems similar to the Distortion - people's fears and traumas manifest on their own bodies into strange new shapes and abilities.
I guess being directly exposed to your real, true inner self is not always a good thing. Especially in a psychological and literal meatgrinder and haven of psychopaths like The City.

No. Carmen was able to get a small amount of Cogito on her own, and the reason of her death was because the research are stuck with a lack of a stable source of it (details omitted)

About distortion, abnos and Cogito: refer to LobCorp day 47 story.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Combat violin. I love Yuna's design.

Elfface posted:

It's for violince.

Just so long as we don't get someone with a Combat Saxaphone.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elfface posted:

It's for violince.

Maybe it's a gutar.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Yeah that thing is not a violin, it’s huge. It’s at least a cello.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
does Yuna kill things by shredding a killer solo on an electric guitar at them?

if so she just might have become my favorite character thus far

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
All this talk about weaponized cello case reminded me of Antonio Banderas' movie Desperado. I wonder if a concealed machine gun inside a guitar case could get past the Head's anti-gun regulation or not?

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
What if you just punch a bullet real hard. No gunpowder, and no guns but these flex

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

Your Everyday NEET posted:

All this talk about weaponized cello case reminded me of Antonio Banderas' movie Desperado. I wonder if a concealed machine gun inside a guitar case could get past the Head's anti-gun regulation or not?

Well the main cost, IIRC, was the bullets, so I don't think that'd help?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Doobeedoo posted:

Well the main cost, IIRC, was the bullets, so I don't think that'd help?
Hideous cost of bullets, weapons themselves cost a lot too, not many Workshops make and service them due to patents, and Tres Association must greenlit your weapon design before you can produce it. And weapon requirements are inane, like ATF regulations, and require a lawyer to figure out, what they mean.

And as one of the regulation is prohibition of anything silenced, so you could not get upper hand, I think, anything concealed will get a hard "NO" from the Head.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

MiiNiPaa posted:

Hideous cost of bullets, weapons themselves cost a lot too, not many Workshops make and service them due to patents, and Tres Association must greenlit your weapon design before you can produce it. And weapon requirements are inane, like ATF regulations, and require a lawyer to figure out, what they mean.

And as one of the regulation is prohibition of anything silenced, so you could not get upper hand, I think, anything concealed will get a hard "NO" from the Head.

I mean Liwei had a pistol, which isn't particularly hard to conceal. But all the things you said coupled with guns not being a huge upgrade over a decent augment also probably makes them more unpopular.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Torchlighter posted:

I mean Liwei had a pistol, which isn't particularly hard to conceal. But all the things you said coupled with guns not being a huge upgrade over a decent augment also probably makes them more unpopular.

The point is that it's significantly less cost-efficient compared to a decent aug, in a setting where money is everything. Between the strict rules guns, gunsmiths, and bulletsmiths have to follow, the maintenance and cost of ammo, and the cost of ammo also bleeding into something as simple as practice, it's easy to see why someone would go for a decent nano-tattoo or a combat oboe instead. The only exception appears to be the Library, which can just ignore all of these at its leisure.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I just got off the phone with a repair tech. Work Lappy’s circuitboard is absolutely fried, and it is no longer capable of turning on. As of today, it is officially dead.

Originally a cheap bargain bin laptop I got to watch anime at work, it went on to become the computer responsible for doing the majority of the work screenshotting, editing, writing, and uploading my raw video footage throughout the vast majority of the Lobotomy Corporation Let’s Play.

Due to an unfortunate hinge injury rendering it unable to be transported without risking breaking the casing, it was allowed early retirement and a position playing YouTube videos on a TV via an HDMI link. It served with grace, poise, and professionalism until the day of its passing.

It is survived by its brother, the laptop which took over Work Lappy’s duties after its injury left it unable to serve. Arrangements have already been made to encase its HD for proper data extraction.

You will be missed, Work Lappy. Thank you for your hard work. None of us would be here without you. :smith:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Rest in peace, work lappy, and godspeed :patriot:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

:rip: Work Lappy, I'll toast to ya this weekend.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'd say we could print a book in its honour, but I suppose that's what this and the last LP are, essentially.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Work Lappy, you were the greatest of computers. Rest in peace.

Ashardalon125
Apr 14, 2021
RIP Lappy. Never forget. O7

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

RIP work lappy. o7

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009
Work Lappy for librarian 34

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Work Lappy was on the verge of sapience so the Head sent out assassins. Nonhumans are not permitted!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

golden bubble posted:

Philip's 5'9", and Yuna's 5'10". While there are some real short shorts in this game, Project Moon isn't afraid to have some actually taller people as characters.

Ezra from Distortion Detective is like 6'2"!

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

TeeQueue posted:

You will be missed, Work Lappy. Thank you for your hard work. None of us would be here without you. :smith:

Rest well, and join your brethren in the great Heap in the Sky, along with all our other burnt-out brothers-in-lack-of-arms.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011
Hopefully these Lets Plays don't kill any more laptops or before long...

https://i.imgur.com/3w4YoMK.mp4

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Zathril posted:

This is the single greatest eulogy any computer could ask for.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Zathril posted:

Now cracks a noble motherboard. Goodnight, sweet laptop, and flights of sephirot sing thee to thy rest. o7

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zathril posted:

So that is what TeeQueue's meltdown will look like. I hope everyone has been taking careful notes on how their mechanics work.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Zathril posted:

:five::five::five::five::five:

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
drat, the art here is fire.

Also, I feel like the Love Town reception is p important for Angela's growth, as she's been confronted with the reality that her suffering was not unique, hence her strident denial at the end that ToMerry is anything like her.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly going through the old LobCorp LP... again... (seriously I think I'm addicted to it). Gilliam mentioned a few pages back that all of the floors would be getting their fourth Librarians in Plague. We've got T. Hinman. Dimi threw a wrench into Control/History, but now we should be getting Chinely (based purely on the fact that he was the leftmost of the two). Training/Literature should have ImIdiot. Safety/Art should have Sephiroth...

but that leads to the interesting thing of Sephiroth dying on Day 49, rather than in the Big Angela Brawl, so he's gonna need to be caught up on some stuff. Later on, Boksi, Credentia, Sorcrane, and Talow are also going to need to play a little catch-up.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021

Junpei posted:

Idly going through the old LobCorp LP... again... (seriously I think I'm addicted to it). Gilliam mentioned a few pages back that all of the floors would be getting their fourth Librarians in Plague. We've got T. Hinman. Dimi threw a wrench into Control/History, but now we should be getting Chinely (based purely on the fact that he was the leftmost of the two). Training/Literature should have ImIdiot. Safety/Art should have Sephiroth...

but that leads to the interesting thing of Sephiroth dying on Day 49, rather than in the Big Angela Brawl, so he's gonna need to be caught up on some stuff. Later on, Boksi, Credentia, Sorcrane, and Talow are also going to need to play a little catch-up.

Do we have any for-sure evidence the agents that died in the LP are coming back? I suppose given the stuff with Mr. Blond it's not impossible.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

PinkDawn posted:

Do we have any for-sure evidence the agents that died in the LP are coming back? I suppose given the stuff with Mr. Blond it's not impossible.

unless TeeQueue said otherwise in the 108 pages so far, we won't have any "for-sure" evidence until we get to Sephiroth.

that said, I doubt the five fatalities are going to stay dead (because death is meaningless in L-Corp and the Library, and because we loved those guys even Boksi). How they are when they come back is the bigger question (eg do they remember dying, or are they "backup states" from the night/memory repository before?)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Book 21: Dawn Office—Chapter 2

Magic: GuestBattle01

Roland's using the same Olga build we've seen quite a few times now. It's a good workhorse, and he likes suits. :v:

If you're going to ask me to handle the guests just because I met them once, I'll have to stop admitting when I knew them, ma'am~

In that case, I could simply have you handle every reception to be safe.

That hardly seems fair!

Then it's best we keep things roughly how they are now.

Guns, huh? I guess you did always prefer ranged weaponry.

The ability to fight without moving is too nice to pass up.

And you're still using the oboe?

I need to show the power of the combat oboe off this time, since I got my head handed to me before.

I'm not really 100% sure what I'm doing with Steve's deck. Shuffle Hands is a decent draw page with Bottom Deal on his passives, and Stay Calm will work well alongside it, particularly with his innate +1 Strength. Loosen Up and Wrath of Torment are there just to round things out.

Our opponents, the Dawn Office, are another 1 floor affair. The trio we met are the only members, but unlike most of the opponents we've seen thus far each one has a very distinctive combat niche. As a side note, this battle limits us to only 3 Librarians—even if we were to bring Yesod's floor, someone would be staying home.

Salvador exists to make the rest of his team more difficult to beat. His Guardian passive grants each of them 2 Protection on the first turn to cut the damage they take, and he can deal slightly more Stagger damage to our Burned Librarians. His final passive is one all three of these opponents share—while each of them has a different specialty, they all ultimately revolve around Burn.

His signature page, Crack of Dawn, is going to hit us very hard and serves to give Protection to the rest of his team again.

Yuna, meanwhile, has the Lone Fixer passive. This passive gives +3 Strength at the end of a turn if she doesn't have any other allies. This turns her into an absolute wrecking ball, meaning that we don't want to let her be the last one alive. Her deck is mostly multi-hit pages, to take advantage of this Strength should we let her have it.

Phillip is a very momentum-based fighter. He gains +2 Power when he gets to Emotion Level 1. This used to also go up to +4 Power at Emotion Level 2, but this was removed because he could effortlessly destroy entire floors alone. His deck is also built with multiple hit pages in mind.

His unique page Stigmatize factors into this plan by giving him an automatic Emotion Coin, and if it clashes both dice then he's guaranteed to level up.

This particular fight is closer to an Abnormality battle than a normal reception, in that there's a clear order to how to deal with our opponents, and we'll be put in a very tight spot if we don't pay attention to their passives! For players who haven't been checking on enemy passives in reception fights, Dawn Office can be a bit of an Ordeal.

Music: KeterBattle01

Hoh..! Be careful now, you two. One of them's carrying a combat oboe.

A… combat oboe?

It was before your time, Phillip… but long ago, such instruments of destruction were a regular feature in certain parts of the Backstreets. I've lost several limbs to their ilk in my time.

Is that why you recommended this weapon to me?

I'd say it works quite well for you.

Well, you've got a point, there.

If these weapons are so dangerous, why haven't you ever used one?

Phillip… despite my love for jazz, I've never played any myself. Do you know why?

You've… never tried, master?

I'm tone deaf, my boy. It's a true shame.

Trust me, you never want to hear him sing.

Ah… I see.

Hey boss, I think I've got them all distracted.

Huh… Well, I'm sensing that the kid is going to be the biggest threat. Let's take advantage of the situation. Let me introduce you guys to an old technique.

I call it the steamroller. You like it?

It's just focus firing one target en masse. Won't we take a lot of hits?

You guys will. I don't have to move. I like it, let's do it.

Ganging up and booking one enemy using all your actions at once is an… inelegant strategy, but I can't deny its effectiveness. Given that we want Phillip gone, it's also perfect for this particular battle—the Dawn Office probably won't be able to put out enough damage to stagger any of our Librarians in a single turn. Just remember: doing this means the person we're annihilating isn't going to be able to drop very good books, due to their low Emotion Level.

Got 'im opened up for you. It's like fish in a barrel.

Oh… oh geez..!

Don't feel too bad, kid. It's nothing personal~

Master, seonbae… I-I can't..! This is too much, I can't..!

I suppose it was too early, after all… Go. We'll handle it.

But..!

Just go. Can't lose a bright talent like you yet.

Aww, c'mon. That's not sporting!

The people that ganged up on a newbie on his first outing don't get to complain.

Ugh… not more facts!

At least their oboist is off guard from their imbalanced formation…

Hot hot that's hot!

And it's only going to get hotter.

Music: GuestBattle01

After the first turn, we're left with only Yuna and Salvador to deal with. Steve's half-dead, but that's normal for him.

Well, it worked out pretty well last time. Wanna' do it again?

I'm pretty sure I'd have bled out if that sword didn't cauterize the wounds as it sliced…

C'mon… we're all still fine here! They're not even focusing on you right now.

Well… Alright.

Looks like they're going after me, next…

Do what you can… I'll do the same.

And if they kill me?

Then that boy may need a new mentor.

I'll give it my best.

Never going to get tired of this.

Could do without this part, though…

Warriors like you and I don't get to complain on the battlefield.

You've got some punch, but I can tell you're holding back…

It's just difficult to unleash this thing's full power while I've got allies around to worry about.

Why thank you for the information, ma'am~

I figured you people would know already, somehow…

We may have had an inkling. The information is always appreciated though, dear guest.

Are you alright, Yuna?

Yeah. That's the two who attacked last turn… We should be fine.

No… There's still—

COMBAT! OBOE!

Hell! That thing really does pack a punch…

Not doing anything on the first turn, only to attack when our minds are off of him… That oboist played us, I'm afraid.

I'll have to handle him and that gun user at once…

I see it's not going to be that easy…

Afraid not, geezer.

Those moves… I see, Olga's been here.

Ah, you knew her?

Offices like that are bound to run into combat offices like mine from time to time. It's a shame to see she's fallen here…

In honor of her memory, then.

Geez- Steve, you just took one of these?!

It's not so bad, when you compare it to that whip!

Ah… yeah, I guess not.

Ah… drat it. I suppose between the two of you I won't be able to protect her, will I? Were I only a bit younger…

Don't take it too badly. You were outnumbered, after all.

Music: KeterBattle01

Ah, there we go. I definitely prefer this song.

Why's that?

It means we're winning.

I've been alone on the battlefield many a time… surrounded by enemies of all sorts. This is nothing new to someone with my experience.

And yet… Why is it now that that same experience is telling me my end is here?

Experience is a double-edged sword. Too much of it can convince you something's beyond you, and your body gives up instead of rises to the occasion.

Too true, too true… That sort of arrogance which changes fate itself can only be found among the young. That's why I hoped to guide the new generation of Fixers…

To show them how to read a bullet's trajectory from the angle of the muzzle…

Wha—oh, hell!

You lot are still green, as well. You shoot like an amatuer.

Least I'm not about to be a book.

Yes, true enough…

Olga, too, had a number of quirks that made her attacks easy to read. Her build and endless stamina made her powerful, but someone so straightforward as her couldn't get beyond Rank 5 no matter how long her Molars ground away at it.

Simply stealing their power and making it your own won't be enough forever. Even ten years ago, I could have killed you all.

Really glad we're only fighting now, then…

I think that's enough sass out of you!

And you…That savage way you swing your oboe… It's an insult to such an elegant weapon.

That's the trick. Nobody expects you to just club someone with it really hard!

Truly barbaric…

Just sticking me with this, aren't you..?

Sorry, boss. I need a second to catch my breath.

And I'm on break.

I'm not really surprised, anymore…

Farewell, geezer.

Ah… one thing. Could you watch over that young man should he ever come back here?

You're making a request now?

As an elder, it's my job to guide the youth. This is simply my duty.

Sorry, old timer.

This isn't that kind of gig.

Well you look relieved, Bishop.

Of course I do. That guy you were talking about got away.

How's that a good thing?

I'm sure he'll be back. So when he shows up, I can show which of us is stronger.

Ooooh… so you are jelly. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone~

It's not that, I just don't want to give you any reasons to make fun of me.

The Dawn Office is actually not too terrible to deal with as long as we fight them in the proper order, since Salvador is unlikely to output enough damage with Crack of Dawn to stop us from simply steamrolling his partners one at a time. Attempting to target the members in any other order, however, is simply asking for a bad time.

Music: Result

Roland, it's time for the debriefing.

Be right there, ma'am~ You guys have the cleanup handled, right?

It's six books. We've got it. Go.

Doesn't that mean you should be working on it, then?

It doesn't matter if the books are put away now, or twenty seconds before he shows back up. I'm savoring the moment.

Ahh. As expected of you, Zaida.

VIDEO
Music: Lobby

He didn’t seem to recognize you, though.

Fixers meet so many people in their lives; it’s pretty much impossible to remember them all. And gramps knows even more people than most Fixers, so there’s no way he can recount everyone he’d met. Not like he needs to, though… And he’s old, so his memory probably got shaky.

Why didn’t you say to him that you knew him, then?

I just didn’t wanna make a scene. Giving him the time of day would only make both of us uncomfortable. Imagine walking up to your enemy in battle and saying “Hi there, we were friends three years ago… Remember?” It’d be awkward for sure. And bothersome, too.

I don’t dislike how you try not to leave any loose ends in relationships.

I guess so. I gave up caring about bonds long ago…

And as I say from time to time, you never know when anyone will backstab you in this world, even those who you casually joke with. Gramps knew that better than anyone, I’m sure.

Now that we're done with Dawn Office, Netzach has a new Abnormality Battle available. In addition, we have access to something else that's just as important:

Flash of Sunup is our first no-frills draw page. As long as we have this, we can now play two pages in a turn without losing our hand presence. Combined with our Light regeneration pages, this means we can better use longer strategies that don't rely on the brief rush of power we get from increasing our Emotion Level. I immediately farm 15 of them. :v:

Things are continuing smoothly.

You're saying that in a way that means I'm about to have to fight another one of those creatures…

It's good that you've learned to interpret correctly. However, please remember that the invitation is choosing what our next activity is.

Yeah, yeah… we're following the will of the light or whatever… Just wake me up when it's my turn.

Next time, on Library of Ruina

"Now it's time for my head to burst. Good day."

Request complete: weave silk for Index.

Thanks for the meal, but… I don’t feel like eating yet…

Helping friends by dropping phat beats.

Videos

Dawn Office 2

New Key Pages

New Combat Pages

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Feb 1, 2022

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Yeah, now we're getting to the good poo poo. Pretty much everything Dawn Office brings to the table is great for this point, and Flash of Sunup stands apart from the rest, despite its frankly abysmal rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
And here we finally have one of the big status archetypes of the game: Burn. Generally speaking, you can fit most archetypes into two major categories: What dice they use, and what they do. In this case, what the Dawn Office's cards do is inflict the Burn status effect. We saw a little of that with Lulu, but here's where things really kick into overdrive.

New Key Pages

Lone Fixer. Unf. That passive enables some very silly solo strategies, and it probably won't take much thinking to guess which of our Librarians will end up utilizing it the best. A very powerful passive and what makes solo floor builds possible. And if you're not going for a solo build then she's still great as attribute fodder since Stigma Workshop Weaponry is an amazing passive - it's a mandatory passive for any Burn build going forward.

A somewhat loaded page with fantastic stats and a whole host of cheap and powerful passives. Guardian's...kinda there, I guess. It's a powerful and cheap passive, but it only activates for the first turn of a fight so it's of limited use. Nice to have though. Light of Daybreak is pretty great, and lets Salvador's powerful multi-hit Burn attacks do a lot of stagger damage. And SWW is mandatory for Burn, as mentioned above. He's pretty great as either a keypage or attribute fodder.

New Combat Pages

OH YEAH. This is the main attack of burn builds for quite a while, three strong (if unreliable) slash attacks that inflict a total of 6 burn if they all land (with SWW factored in). You'll very quickly build up a LOT of damage over time on an enemy if you have all your nuggets spam the hell out of this. All of Salvador's cards are Slash attacks too, meaning they'll synergize well with any Slash-boosting passives we get down the line.

And here's the drawtech, flat-out one of the best cards this tier. Two solid Slash dice with a weak evade die in the middle, and the ever-vital card draw effect. All for only one cost. You'll want to run three of these in basically any deck you build this tier.

Decent, but it doesn't do any of the resource generation you want a 0-cost to do so not very good.

WOAH NELLY, LOOK AT THOSE NUMBERS! A very strong block die that follows up with an absolutely incredible 7-18 slash attack. And to top all that off, it also gives protection to your allies whenever you use it. Easily the best 3-cost this tier and it's not even close. You'll want to run one of these in every deck for a while.

Not really worth using compared to Salvador's cards, unfortunately.

I'll bring this one up again later, not really worth talking about juuuuust yet.

Overall, Dawn Office is a pretty loving huge power boost and you can do it first thing as soon as you enter the tier, letting you use the very strong and consistent decks you can build off it to pretty much stomp the rest of the tier.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 31, 2022