Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wait, Omni has red hair, Tylana is yellow, and Chinely has blue hair. That lines up with Queen, King and Knight! Sadly Boksi's left out, as is Tiph herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Junpei posted:

Wait, Omni has red hair, Tylana is yellow, and Chinely has blue hair. That lines up with Queen, King and Knight! Sadly Boksi's left out, as is Tiph herself.

As it happens, Wonderlab revealed a fourth member of the magical girl group. She had green hair.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

NullBlack posted:

Two down, two to go.

the illustrator would like to state for the record: it's not his fault Omni appears to be made of stone. Blame that on the skin color provided.

there is a lot about this picture that is very good

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

NullBlack posted:

Two down, two to go.

the illustrator would like to state for the record: it's not his fault Omni appears to be made of stone. Blame that on the skin color provided.

And now we have a Tiphacepalm for all your Discord Sticker needs.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
What a jam-packed update! It's a gift to see Omni again, and I'm glad that their last-minute 'forgive me sensei' power unsealing didn't lead to any permanent consequences... probably.

Tiphereth's new appearance is still adorable and smol and good, with the added bonus of her being tall enough to actually go for the throat without a stepladder.

It's interesting that Tiph specifically said she's not alone: Knowing her that *probably* wouldn't be in reference to her nuggets, so perhaps Tiphereth is still with Tiphereth in some way, maybe melded or merged to her in the way they seem to have always subconsciously strived for? Either that or in a more classically metaphorical "he's always with me" sense, which would be equally cute but also a little melancholy... so on-tone for a PMoon story. We miss you Captain Catt.

Alternately maybe he's just hanging out off-screen taking a well-deserved vacation / nap after the long LONG shift that was his entire existence in LobCorp.

Speaking of interesting bits of dialogue (since this kind of analysis is a good ecological niche for me in the thread), Roland refers to "somebody else" he once knew with a predilection for high-speed punches or just general attack speed. Obviously our new Patron Librarian wasn't going for a killing blow here, but it's still interesting to see the casual air with which he both takes and dodges hits... and given that he's alive to be here in the Library, that means he was capable of either dodging or surviving swings from whatever old acquaintance he's talking about.

The fanart continues to deliver and the Tiphacepalm is probably going right onto my personal Discord as soon as I finish typing this sentence. :v:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

You mean when she says she's not alone immediately before the "2 assistant librarians awoken" status screen?

jumpwjoy
Jan 23, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

But did it work?

When the dust settled, we couldn't find you or that Magical Girl anymore… so, maybe?

This part was itching at my brain until I realized what it reminded me of

also Omni and King of Greed by themselves

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

jumpwjoy posted:

holy poo poo :eyepop:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Looks like you guys prefer stabbing people to slicing them or bashing them in the face... so we'll be going for the node above Dawn Office next time!

NullBlack posted:

Two down, two to go.

this is amazing. You're amazing. :allears:

jumpwjoy posted:

We've managed to become a dril tweet, and I couldn't be prouder. :allears:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Junpei posted:

Okay, so, difficulty being the indicator that it is, "Pierce" is Transpierce/where Phillip will reappear again. Not sure which of Slash and Blunt is Sayo, and which is rabbits/music, though.
We don't have clear view of Kurokumo clan weapons, but Gin looks like he has a sword (at bottom right).
Plillip will probably reappear as passing mention after, unable to forget massacre, which happened in th Library, he left Fixer business and now work at the cafe on the edge of District 16 Nest. His ssanghwa-cha is talk of neighborhood.

And holy loving poo poo, Batman, those three exclamation marks are not for show, at one moment I pressed space, firmly believing I will lose. And I almost did:

(Do this fight with Tipheret, I dare you, TQ)

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Just try to find Keypages that endure pierce damage. And hey, I believe Salvador resists Pierce.

I associate yakuza with katanas, not baseball bat.

You need at least beat 3 Abnormalities before you can comfortably use the new floors. Even then, you'll most certainly more familiar with the lower floors' playstyle, making it risky to try using the new middle floor. I never use Tiphereth at all unless it's for Abnormality fight.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Feb 23, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

MiiNiPaa posted:

(Do this fight with Tipheret, I dare you, TQ)

I drew this on a touchscreen with my finger just for you. :colbert:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

I drew this on a touchscreen with my finger just for you. :colbert:
I hope it was middle finger.

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I associate yakuza with katanas, not baseball bat.
Tried to look up news reports about yakuza-related crimes. Didn't see much swords, did see a lot of blunt instruments.
Thinking about it, that thing at bottom right could be not a sword hilt, but a baseball bat...

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Swords are far more anime though.

Your Everyday NEET posted:

You need at least beat 3 Abnormalities before you can comfortably use the new floors. Even then, you'll most certainly more familiar with the lower floors' playstyle, making it risky to try using the new middle floor. I never use Tiphereth at all unless it's for Abnormality fight.

That right there is why I never learnt Tiphereth's floor properly, so I'm looking forward to seeing proper use like 3 months down the line.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
Phenomenal work from this thread, here's my take on Omni

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The theory that this thread is an anomaly that causes art to continuously emerge is becoming ever stronger. :five:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
This thread is going to end up being to art what the Silent Orchestra is to music

Hopefully it doesn’t cause heads to explode.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

MetaMeme posted:

Holy poo poo, Meta. Art train keeps ever-rolling around here, truly a blessed thread.

Zereth posted:

You mean when she says she's not alone immediately before the "2 assistant librarians awoken" status screen?

Like I said: When we're talking about Tiphereth's personality, I sincerely doubt she was referring to the nuggets. Although if she is / was, that's a pretty nice turn of favorable attitude from her, which is cool in its own right.

jumpwjoy
Jan 23, 2022

MetaMeme posted:

So good :swoon:

Ariamaki posted:

Like I said: When we're talking about Tiphereth's personality, I sincerely doubt she was referring to the nuggets. Although if she is / was, that's a pretty nice turn of favorable attitude from her, which is cool in its own right.

I'm pretty sure she's talking about the nuggets here, keep in mind that it's TeeQueue's writing from there on and they posted the screenshot of the nuggets right after. Plus Roland talking about how the work isn't suited for "lone children" to handle, so most likely Tiphereth is retorting back that she's arriving with assistant librarians in tow, unlike those Upper Layer lower floor folks. But it is true that I think she would also think that Tiphereth is always by her side! Her growth definitely came from trying to understand and learn his ideals, and it also makes sense that she thinks of the nuggets more favourably after her core suppression and character development in LobCorp.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Oh absolutely hell yes. The best floor in the game!!!! Yes! Yes!!!!

HeyItsKasey
Aug 24, 2020

You ever want to just be a sea slug?

quote:

Omni… what are you doing here? :psyduck:

I'm not really sure. Maybe it's a side effect of trying to unleash my E.G.O weapon's true power?

There was a reason Malkuth and I told you not to do that, you know. We had to clean you off the Central department's floor after things were done…or we would have if there was time, anyways.
Omni showcases the incredible power of e.g.o and the equally incredible power of explosions

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

just one more to go.

people posted:

Deluge of art.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Don't worry, Switch, you'll get to the bottom of this! You can be assured it's all just a trick of the Light.

(Excellent art as always!)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
it is now occurring to me that Netzach has the Sausage Brigade floor because all of his subordinates so far are male.

Gender Equality for Floor of Art!

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Junpei posted:

it is now occurring to me that Netzach has the Sausage Brigade floor because all of his subordinates so far are male.

Gender Equality for Floor of Art!

I'm more concerned that there are no artists on the Floor of Art. Dimi's with Malkuth, Omni's with Tiphereth (and we know Chinely will be as well), Tenebrais and Sorcrane were with Gebura, and Evil Kit was with Chesed. Netzach's got no artists.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 24, 2022

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

NullBlack posted:

I'm more concerned that there are no artists on the Floor of Art. Dimi's with Malkuth, Omni's with Tiphereth (and we know Chinely will be as well), Tenebrais and Sorcrane were with Gebura, and Evil Kit was with Chesed. Netzach's got no artists.
How dare you! Mister Black is an artist of smiles!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

cooking can be a type of art right?

also it really can't be said enough but y'all are making amazing art all over the place and it's super awesome.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Maybe the real Floor of Art was the friends we made along the way.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

NullBlack posted:

To be fair, art is a very wide umbrella.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021
I do not like Spider Bud. Maybe it's because of my arachnophobia. I do, however, very much like the new librarians. And the deluge of art, heh.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Book 23: Wedge Office—Chapter 1

Music: Lobby

Hey, Angela.

Is something the matter?

We're clearly going to be facing off with these guys, right?

I thought it best if one of our more experienced floors handle the receptions for now. They have more options, and more members.

We'll be fine, you know…

If we're not going, that means we can watch from up here, right?

I don't think there'll be a problem with it.

Not like we have any books to sort yet… let's take a peek from the best seats in the house.

Make sure to keep an eye out for any good strategies we can use.

Can do.

VIDEO
Music: StoryChaboon

No wonder, your Office got wiped out. You should harden your heart, still.

Note the subtle change in title, here.

Yes… Had I stopped them… Had I been stronger and more mature… Had I… stayed there and not run away…

Then it’s your fault.

…Huh?

You were too daft and weak to keep the others safe. It’s your fault that everyone died.

……

Feel better now? Think what you want. When something happens, all you gotta do is make up reasons that are convenient to you, no? It’s not like you actually care about the cause; you just want to believe whatever that convinces you.

I didn’t do anything. It was all Pameli.

Alright, Philip. Feeling well enough to talk now?

Yes. Thank you for your kindness.

We are sister Offices, after all. Gotta help each other out.

Music: StorySimgak

Those victimized by ‘The Eight o'Clock Circus’ held a show of pure insanity and hedonism. It was akin to a festival in hell. Gave us quite a bit of trouble.

I had to get my body replaced, too. This one’s seriously not my style…

…Is that a robotic body? Doesn’t that shape infringe the Ethics Amendment, though?

It’s not mechanical, it’s a clone of my body. I got biological body-recovery insurance some time ago. Pameli’s body was torn apart beyond recovery, so this was the only way we had left for her. Her head was thankfully intact. I thought Fixer insurances were a complete robbery, but it did help us out for once. Speaking of, doesn’t your Office have any insurance?

I was a relatively new member at that Office, so I didn’t know that much…

Yeah, you’ll want to see if the Office had any. There are many types of insurance with various conditions.

What? I urgently had body cloning surgery to save you, and this is how you thank me?

What’s the point? Even just looking at the mirror is discouraging.

Don’t you dare damage that body. You know what, why don’t you just die a permanent death this time? That way you can’t be recovered by any means. You won’t have to pay me for the cloned body then.

You asking for a fight?

Yeah, you punk.

You flatter me, sir…

A penny for your thoughts, Philip. Did ‘The Library’ appear to be related to the Distortion Phenomenon in any way?

I’m not sure. I haven’t experienced the Distortion myself. But that place looked more alien than anything I’ve ever seen. And master and seonbae… They got turned into books there…

…That doesn’t help.

Music: StoryChaboon

It’s not just the Associations; even the Wings and the Fingers are clueless about what to make of the Distortion.

Alright…

You don’t seem too interested in the current topic. You must want to forget all this fuss about the Distortion and head right back to the Library and retrieve the books of your colleagues.

…I wish I could do just that. But my master said to me in his note that I shouldn’t act hastily and instead depend on your aid.

That old friend left me with quite the troublesome little fellow… Death is a staple in this business, but his wife and children must be heartbroken still. Have you met them?

No… I couldn’t visit them yet.

Why is that?

…I’m too ashamed to face them.

…Thank you, sir.

Don’t mistake this for kindness. We’re simply taking you with us because we were already planning to go there. And this is the least I can do to bear responsibility for my old friend’s death. Personally, I’d never let a Fixer like you join my Office. It would give us a bad name.

…Is it wrong… Is it so pathetic for me to want to repay the favors of my colleagues, for their sake…? Everyone says not to act upon attachment, that it’s an unclassy and naive thing to do…

Can’t we as Fixers… no, as people living in the City, do anything on the behalf of others!!!

He just doesn’t want those kinds of Fixers in our Office, simple as that. Don’t be a miserable rear end about it. Nothing is as unreliable as someone who’s easily swayed by their feelings. You want us all to die just so you can fulfill your ideals or what?

You must be sincerely believing that your actions are for others. That you are different from all the other unkind and selfish denizens of this City. Thinking that you are fighting for some higher cause. But know that those are in fact entirely selfish thoughts. It’s the most dangerous kind of selfishness. You deceive yourself into thinking you’re selfless. There can be no such thing as a selfless action for us humans. Even the act of self-sacrifice is ultimately for oneself. A very dangerous kind of selfishness, one that slowly eats away at your peers and leads them to damnation…

I…!

You gave a fine speech, but I must wonder if you’re truly upset for the sake of Salvador and your other late colleagues.

…I’ll go prepare myself.

Music: Lobby

Few things are as dangerous and nasty as selfishness in the guise of “for the sake of someone else”…

I think I know what you mean. The determination to work for the good of others can be a dreadful and loathsome weapon. Especially if one strongly believes that the justice they’re pursuing is worth sacrificing for… They’re blinded by self-righteousness, and have no regards for their surroundings. They don’t care what happens to others. They justify themselves for pressing forward pursuing their justice, crushing everything in their way…

Wow… This might be the first time we understood each other for real. I’m touched, man.

How about some champagne?

Music: Entrance

He’s still recovering. We should give him some space.

Tiny things like this can still affect my psyche.

…Nevermind. You don’t need to care about me. I’ll try not to be a hindrance.

I’ll stab you as soon as I determine that you’re getting in our way.

There's a whooshing noise here, indicative of swinging a weapon.

I thought you were a machine… But could it be that you are partially human?

Don’t stare at us so viciously now. We just poked you to make sure, not to kill you or anything.

How rude. Hasn’t anyone taught you to behave?

Hmm, I heard the librarian of this place was supposed to be nice.

Someone advised me that there’s no need to be courteous with ill-mannered guests who slap and spit in my face without reason.

I apologize. We couldn’t afford to be polite when our very lives are at risk.

Oh, really now?

She must’ve had her own woes.

Next time, on Library of Ruina: Phillip gets another office completely wiped out.

Videos

Wedge Office 1

Aren't you lucky, Bishop?

Why am I lucky, again..?

That guy who's a better fixer than you's come back.

Oh yeah… Phillip, was it? I do owe him a beatdown to shut you up, I guess.

Don't get cocky, Bishop~ He's a five, and you're a seven. That's just mathematically better.

If you only care about the ranking, you'll get taken down by someone you were sure is less than yourself.

Ooh, there it is! The underdog special attack! "He's stronger but strength is meaningless!"

Astounding! You use it so flawlessly, Bishop!

That's not..!

I understand! It's only to be expected that you wouldn't really want to face him in combat, now that all your posturing backfired like this. Luckily, if you act now, I'll give you a deal on my protection rates so that you can—

Malkuth. Can you get a request in to Angela?

Actually, I thought something like this would happen! I've already requested to receive these guests.

That's why you're the best, boss. Okay. I'll go in there, beat this guy to death, and then you're going to shut up about 'protection rates.' Got it?

Got it! And when you lose, don't feel too badly about it. It's perfectly normal to fall before a stronger foe, and I'll make sure to keep my special deal open until you can—

I'm going to get my equipment in order. You guys do the same.

Oh! Uh… Yes sir!

Hnnhnn..! My circuitous plan slowly comes together. Soon, those new games will be all mine!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

MetaMeme posted:

NullBlack posted:

just one more to go.

MetaMeme posted:

HeyItsKasey posted:

Omni showcases the incredible power of e.g.o and the equally incredible power of explosions

Art train is the one train I will allow to run over my facility every two and a half minutes. :colbert:

Ya'll are wonderful at this.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

It's him...

Oscar Bloodborne...

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Hrm, this might actually be a serious contender for the Library's secrets. Who else would have a handle on this than a Bloodborne protagonist?

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Oscar has a good taste in subordinate.

I have one of my librarian project themselves into Pamela/Pameli and get their battle symbol.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 25, 2022

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

MetaMeme posted:

thanks to TQ I realized I actually missed this getting posted and this is pretty good(tm).

Also if you have to ask if it's a sex thing, you kind of have your answer already.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

Evil Kit posted:

Also if you have to ask if it's a sex thing, you kind of have your answer already.

Fun fact, KR has the "Cum / Come" innuendo but with the verb 'to go' instead.

This does in fact mean that "LETS loving GOOOO" / "Go? Go where?" can be read as a sex joke in KR.

There isn't really a point to this I just thought it would be fun to share

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
I do believe we now have our first instance of Angela ever outright giving up on the introduction shtick and customary "may you find your book in this place" outro. She's clearly disgruntled if not slightly unsettled by the entire nature of Oscar and Phillip's conversation: Given her past treatment of, uh, everything, she's pretty clearly conflating Phillip's desires (to help others, even at a cost to the self) with those of the Cogito team in general and A in specific.

But then why is she so dismissive of Oscar and crew on their actual arrival, to the point of ignoring her usual decorum?

On one hand, they're rude to her, but certainly not worse than past guests we've had. She's since received suggestions about caring more for her own self-worth and esteem, certainly.
In addition to that, they bring into question her humanity (or worth in relation to humanity) again, which seems to be an increasingly-sore spot as time passes.

Part of me wonders, however, if the philosophy she spouts and shares with Roland beforehand isn't entirely genuine or sincere anymore, and is just regurgitation of something she felt back in L. Corp.

TL;DR - Is Angela starting to question her stance?

MetaMeme posted:

Fun fact, KR has the "Cum / Come" innuendo but with the verb 'to go' instead.

This does in fact mean that "LETS loving GOOOO" / "Go? Go where?" can be read as a sex joke in KR.

There isn't really a point to this I just thought it would be fun to share

That is indeed a qualified FunFact! I knew this was the case (the innuendo wordplay) but hadn't thought of that specific application.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Salvador mentioned, that Wedge office was busy with their work. Now we know what it was.

We already knew that replacing limbs is only a problem of having enough money, but, as we see, full-body replacements are possible. Which makes Roland an unreliable narrator, as he mentioned, that placing your brain in robotic body is one-way trip. Which apparently is false, because why cant we place brain in surrogate body then?

I like how blunt Wedge Office is with their pointed remarks, cutting right to the core of the issue.

German Oscar here giving absolutely zero fucks about discreetness and just laying into Phillip, pointing out hipocrisity in his self-righteous attitude might become one of my favorite characters.

Wedge Office applies SCIENTIC METHOD. It is super effective. We now know, that Angela is slowly becoming human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

I wonder if Phillip realizes the Wedge office only took him in to pump him for information on the Distortion phenomenon? Oscar here seems to care for Salvador as little as Salvador cared for Walter - these sister offices have as much love for one another than the sisters introduced, too.