Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

First of all: all Musicians pages have Improv Drumming passive, which give Fragile to random (this will become a theme) enemy. Which might be good for blunt-oriented build.

Oink's Page. No Speed, Slash weakness. Trash. He inflicts 1 Feeble to 2 random enemies at the beginning of the act. Comparable to similar passive from Alloc, which giver 1 Paralisys to 3 enemies.

MuMu's Page. Read Oink's Page. His unique passive is even worse than Stray Dogs, a green card from Urban Legend (+1-2 to Blunt damage vs. +2 Blunt damage).

Meow's Page. Can be used to start building off of it. Nothing spectacular. A page you slap on your librarian if there is nothing better. And randomness how could I forget.

Upbeat Perfomance. Raw damage. Pretty strong rolls. Nothing else. Mixed dice. Pass.

The Red Notes. Those rolls are funny, I feel like I am in Canard again. It gives 1 strength to random ally this Scene. Which means you do not know, who, and cannot plan around it. It works for enemy, because it makes it harder for you to plan, but not for you, because it makes it harder for you to plan.

Unforgettable Melody again give Strength to 2 random allies. Hope that one of them is you, because rolls are not that good. and again, a mix of all types of dice.

Shrine to Music is Sky-Clearing Cut, but better: it does not need to lose clashes and both attack dice are Blunt. Just hope that Feeble landed on your opponent, because first die still sucks.

Tendon Chords. If only both dice would be blunt, it might actually be a good card. It gives Strenght to random allies next Scene, so you can actually plan around it. Some healing is always nice to have. Rolls are not that good, but Strength bonus worth it.

Heave Peaks deals 1 Feeble to two random opponents. This Scene. Who? Who knows... Slightly more powerful than Binding Arms, but you cannot turn it into 1-cost. Worth its cost, but if gods of random are not on your side, it could end badly.

Hard Rehearsal requires 3 Light, 2 of which it refunds. Have good rolls for 1-cost, can be reliably used only on high EL, mixed dice.

As you might notice, I am not a fan of Bremen cards. They probably work well, when everyone are using them, when statistics starts to beat random chance. Kinda like playing in group, if you wish. But I do not like leaving everything to chance (it is funny, how literal gambling office had less gambling in their cards). They also mainly sucks for blunt support, as majority of the cards have mixed dice. Sadly, Bremen fails to be for Blunt what Oscar was for Pierce and Sayo for Slash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I'm sleepy so I'll keep this brief.
New Key Pages

You will never actually use any of these guys. They're mainly notable for their very cheap but still useful passives. But they'll be very, VERY useful next tier, when we get things. Blunt things. Unga things.

New Combat Pages

A very nice page. Buffs an ally and is a cheap all-blunt page - monoattribute cards are very valuable, especially when they have buffs like this. A staple of typical Urban Nightmare decks.

meh

meh

Pretty nice for a 1-cost that requires 2 spare light. I don't use it though.

Better off using Red Notes, personally. Still, monoblunt attacks makes it at least useful.

Blunt's answer to Slash's Crack of Dawn and Pierce's Transpierce. I don't use it, and there's better cards coming next tier.

Red Notes, but two. Hurt by the weak block die in the middle and the mixed damage types. Still, a pretty great card - two shots of strength to allies is a valuable asset, even if you don't know who'll get it.

Most of these aren't great. This is not Blunt's time to shine. Not yet.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Tenebrais posted:

When did Kaori become so adorable?

I think it's the glasses. Are those a battle symbol?

They are! You get them for clearing out the entire Streetlight Office 1 reception solo.

She’s had them since here, a nod to how exactly she did her testing.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Man what a massive buff. A 3% chance for +1 damage if you go ham with Bleed!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

BisbyWorl posted:

Yeah most gifts are straight garbage this time around. The only useful ones are the ones that give flat bonuses to HP or stagger, or ones that look cool (like the rad aviators you get from beating Walter with Isadora equipped)

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Turns out it's a bit more potent when you've got bits of abnormalities stuck to your nuggets' faces than just bits of fixers

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

MetaMeme posted:

Poor mummy, he's trying to get some sleep but the kids won't stop making such a racket...

lmao, excellent :v:

Other than that, the Musicians really up our Unga Bunga game, even after the nerfs. Just got to commit to it.

BisbyWorl posted:

Yeah, these things are pretty much strictly cosmetic this time around. Personally I like it, wouldn't want to have to grind some of the more annoying ones to be O P T I M A L.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I think it's kind of sweet that these guys buff each other so much, considering their weirdly sweet friendship.

Also, the rabbit noise joke is still funny to me.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

dervival posted:

Turns out it's a bit more potent when you've got bits of abnormalities stuck to your nuggets' faces than just bits of fixers

That's also a bit of a funny joke. Around this point, if you're grinding out packs of cards, you'll start having specific Abnormality battle symbols roll in. Each Abnormality gives a battle symbol for taking any of its cards in ten separate battles. None of them are particularly useful, because they're all low percentage chances to add one to offensive/defensive power or +1 damage/stagger damage, but hey! They're there, and they're symbols only each specific floor's librarians can get.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

honestly the abno specific battle symbols are probably among the more useful ones; by virtue of getting them doing the things you should already be doing. :v:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

t3isukone posted:

I think it's kind of sweet that these guys buff each other so much, considering their weirdly sweet friendship.

Also, the rabbit noise joke is still funny to me.

I was looking forward to a followup when MuMu died. Since rabbits are most famous for their death scream. But I guess everybody bragged about their death noise.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Theantero posted:

Other than that, the Musicians really up our Unga Bunga game, even after the nerfs. Just got to commit to it.

turns out nerfed a couple times from "free teamwide 2~3 power and 16 strength being thrown around every turn" is still pretty good :v:

Shrine to Music may not be ideal in slugfests with tons of people, but it's the most cost-efficient no-frills way to guaranteed inflict Feeble in the game. The value of this will only go up as bosses get more dangerous attacks, team sizes grow larger and the amount of light we have to work with goes up.

I for one just dogpiled Phillip's searing sword phase with 4 Shrines to Music and beat him to death against his 1~3 power die :allears:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

MetaMeme posted:

turns out nerfed a couple times from "free teamwide 2~3 power and 16 strength being thrown around every turn" is still pretty good :v:

Shrine to Music may not be ideal in slugfests with tons of people, but it's the most cost-efficient no-frills way to guaranteed inflict Feeble in the game. The value of this will only go up as bosses get more dangerous attacks, team sizes grow larger and the amount of light we have to work with goes up.

I for one just dogpiled Phillip's searing sword phase with 4 Shrines to Music and beat him to death against his 1~3 power die :allears:

I didn't consider that randomness does not matter, when there is no choice. Guess that makes Shine to Music and Heavy Peaks way better for bossfights.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

TeeQueue posted:

We are nearly 7 months into this LP, with a fairly regular update schedule. We are roughly at the end of the early game, and definitely less than 10 hours into it.

The nature of SSLP slows this kind of game to an impressive degree, but such is the nature of the beast.

This is only the end of the early game? Dang, the game must be longer than I expected.

I guess it makes sense, the game's hinted at a lot of potential future victims guests that will likely show up eventually, and we still haven't woken up all of the former boxbots.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
If we compare to LobCorp, I think this is roughly the point where the Upper layer boxbots started to have meltdowns? Just started uncovering the Middle layer, with Chesed and Gebura not around yet. We've still got 4 librarians to wake up, out of a total of 9 (or 5 out of 10 if Tiphereth is still around).

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

If we compare to LobCorp, I think this is roughly the point where the Upper layer boxbots started to have meltdowns? Just started uncovering the Middle layer, with Chesed and Gebura not around yet. We've still got 4 librarians to wake up, out of a total of 9 (or 5 out of 10 if Tiphereth is still around).

It's okay, I forget Keter exists sometimes too. (Not joking, there are times when Roland feels like he's... just there, rather than managing a floor.)

But yeah, there's only 10 floors listed. An 11th would be funny if Tiphereth popped up out of nowhere and made an 11th floor spring out to the side of Social Sciences, but... Social Sciences being smack in the middle of the chart makes this unlikely.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...we don't have a floor of Social Sciences. We have Technological Sciences and Natural Sciences, but no Social Sciences.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

SL the Pyro posted:

It's okay, I forget Keter exists sometimes too. (Not joking, there are times when Roland feels like he's... just there, rather than managing a floor.)

But yeah, there's only 10 floors listed. An 11th would be funny if Tiphereth popped up out of nowhere and made an 11th floor spring out to the side of Social Sciences, but... Social Sciences being smack in the middle of the chart makes this unlikely.

There is that spot where Carmen's weird brain spine tentacled nerve thing was at the end of LobCorp though. I mean, there's no slot for a floor there in that map, but there are lines going to that spot, so maybe something will end up popping there eventually. My best guess, based on how Carmen was there, would be a floor with Angela as librarian.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly, looking at the floor images, doesn't Netzach mean "Victory"? That would explain why his floor's symbol is a trophy... and I remember Abel saying that Keter was the 'crown of unity' hence Roland's floor icon having a crown...

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Junpei posted:

...we don't have a floor of Social Sciences. We have Technological Sciences and Natural Sciences, but no Social Sciences.

Welp, that's what I get for trying to go from memory instead of looking it up on a wiki like a sensible person.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Junpei posted:

Idly, looking at the floor images, doesn't Netzach mean "Victory"? That would explain why his floor's symbol is a trophy...

A victory over sobriety is something I can respect.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

MiiNiPaa posted:

I didn't consider that randomness does not matter, when there is no choice. Guess that makes Shine to Music and Heavy Peaks way better for bossfights.

I kind of ignored the Bremen cards on similar reasoning, honestly. And then the period where they might've been more use, I forgot what they did.

The only card I really used for any period of time was Hard Rehearsal. But it's honestly impractical. The effectiveness of the dice can be in question, and the light restore really doesn't matter during the emotion building phase. The earliest it might come into use is emotion level 2, when going from 2 to 3 starts taking more emotion points.

I used Meow a lot, though really I was largely looking at the speed dice and amusing myself with throwing her look on random dudes in my party. The way she looks is kind of absurd in the midst of fighting.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Keldulas posted:

I kind of ignored the Bremen cards on similar reasoning, honestly. And then the period where they might've been more use, I forgot what they did.

The only card I really used for any period of time was Hard Rehearsal. But it's honestly impractical. The effectiveness of the dice can be in question, and the light restore really doesn't matter during the emotion building phase. The earliest it might come into use is emotion level 2, when going from 2 to 3 starts taking more emotion points.

I used Meow a lot, though really I was largely looking at the speed dice and amusing myself with throwing her look on random dudes in my party. The way she looks is kind of absurd in the midst of fighting.

Her lightsaber's swishy noises is a key factor in picking her skin for fights.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

A victory over sobriety is something I can respect.

I'd think a victory over suicidal grief or despair is more laudable, but okay.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Appendix 18: Musicians of Bremen

Meow’s Page posted:

Heehaw, Doodle-doo, Woof… and me. The four of us were moved to the core by the Pianist’s performance. To recreate the performance half as splendid as what we heard that day, we formed the Musicians of Bremen to study the music. We tried flicking strings here and there… Playing music while sitting, on our backs, and even while handstanding! We still couldn’t come close to the Pianist’s level, but we managed to make our own brand of music, something that only the Musicians of Bremen can play. Our performance was actually pretty fantastic, you know?

Sadly, our time didn’t last long. One day, a mysterious person approached us and asked us to join his ensemble and perform with him… Woof, Doodle-doo, and Heehaw took the offer and left with that guy. I had to stay because of new members that had just joined our band, though. Yep, MuMu and Oink. It’s kinda… uncomfortable to just leave them behind, you know? We can’t let them mess around and taint our name, either. I’ve been practicing with them to create a performance that could get a standing ovation once my old bandmates come back. But at their current level of skills, the three would just cluck at these newbies’ performance and go back to whatever they were doing.

MuMu’s Page posted:

They say the Backstreets are a nigh-inhabitable hellscape, but the people here live on somehow. There’s lots of people who live in fear every moment, but… The others live a pretty normal life. Some think the Backstreets are totally shady and poorly aged slums… But we do have all the amenities we need here. For one, the supermarkets Oink likes aren’t as good as those in the Nest, but it’s got everything people need. Clothing stores, groceries, dry cleaners, etc… I heard the details are different for each District, so there’s that… I’m just telling you how things are where I live. People here aren’t too unkind to each other. Those Nest dwellers like to gossip about how we’re cruel and dreary and all that, but the truth is, we’re doing just fine.

Oh, and there’s tons of good restaurants here. It’s the street of flavor, after all. Freshly baked meat pies, spaghetti made of special pasta… Your tongue and stomach have a wonderful time if you ever go on a trip to our District. We used to hand over the leftovers from our performance here to local restaurants. That meat would go to waste if we left it on the spot, so we might as well give it to the people who can make good use of it, ain’t that right? When Woof, Doodle-doo, and Heehaw were around, we got enough chow to share with several eateries, but our find was halved since they were gone… And Oink kept making silly mistakes with it and ruined those ingredients too often, so we quit that biz altogether. Which is a tad bit unfortunate~ We sometimes got tasty meals for free when we gave them our meat.

Oink’s Page posted:

The Seven Association is a Fixer Association specializing in investigation and intelligence, and it’s knowledgeable in pretty much every affair that takes place in the City. Details about a Syndicate gaining infamy in the Backstreets of some place (the Association probably knows what District it is exactly, but I left before I checked the details of it.), all the information revealed about the Distortion Phenomenon which has been going around lately, when and where Fixer Offices start up and close business, and the beat goes on… The Association treats all kinds of information about the City. Oh, they don’t have access to top-secret intels like the secrets of the Singularities each Nest holds, obviously speaking. When they solve cases, they usually cooperate with other Associations like the Shi and the Liu.

If you ask how the Seven Association can secure its confidentiality despite holding lots of juicy info that could attract the many, it’s likely because its staff aren’t bad combatants by any means. They don’t use fancy but crude workshop weapons that are basically large amalgamations of various technologies. Regular informants are armed with nothing more than a simple bladed tool. It sounds very underwhelming judging from the weapon alone, but they use the minimum technique with pinpoint precision to take down their foes.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So, the more senior musicians all got recruited into a bigger ensemble, huh?

...say, this is the reception that follows on from Full Stop, right? The one that involved seeing a cult leader get recruited for something.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So at this point, assuming that these connections are true, and we aren't following red herrings, Argalia's crew includes:

-Pluto, a mysterious dapperly dressed skeleton
-Eileen, a cult leader with enough charisma to pull people in and devoted followers to burn (as well as people in her brain that make her smarter)
-Tanya, a lady so strong she can knock someone's head off and have it fly away like a baseball
-Elena and Jae-Heon, who with the help of the Train meaning people can't die can turn regular people into crazy flesh monsters
-And these three crazy murder musicians, Heehaw, Doodle-Doo and Woof.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

So, the more senior musicians all got recruited into a bigger ensemble, huh?

...say, this is the reception that follows on from Full Stop, right? The one that involved seeing a cult leader get recruited for something.

Yeah. Gravity defying dress followed those weird tailors and Phillip and TRAIN were their own lines.

Project Mooniverse keeps having crazy and/or terrible people have really strong interpersonal bonds. Meow, Oink and Mumu were aspiring artists who wholeheartedly supported each other. And the Kurokumo trio had an incredibly friendly camaderie.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I'm personally curious about this Seven Association that's getting a lot of info about it dropped into our laps. Feels like it'd be a juicy target for the Library.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Keldulas posted:

Yeah. Gravity defying dress followed those weird tailors and Phillip and TRAIN were their own lines.

Project Mooniverse keeps having crazy and/or terrible people have really strong interpersonal bonds. Meow, Oink and Mumu were aspiring artists who wholeheartedly supported each other. And the Kurokumo trio had an incredibly friendly camaderie.
You basically spend most of the game killing various parties of player characters.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Somebody has to keep the murder hobo population low, after all

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Slaan posted:

Somebody has to keep the murder hobo population low, after all

The backstreets must be like 80% murder hobos.

I mean, presumably there are people living relatively normal lives for them to murder? People running basic services that only run on human suffering in the normal capitalist way. They just wouldn't be interested in the Library.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

GilliamYaeger posted:

You basically spend most of the game killing various parties of player characters.

How else are we supposed to expand without the Head's backing? Running a dungeon is expensive

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Does the Library actually have any expenses? Everything's made out of Light, and I'm pretty sure none of the librarians are getting paid.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Does the Library actually have any expenses? Everything's made out of Light, and I'm pretty sure none of the librarians are getting paid.

Eventually, Head will ask, where are taxes, and we will have to be ready for that. You do not gently caress with tax office.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Keldulas posted:

Let us not forget the cannibal chefs in love :v:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Theantero posted:

Let us not forget the cannibal chefs in love :v:

Who died because of Oink incompetence: he ruined ingredients too often, so they had to quit selling it, leading to no ingredients for Pierre Bistro and their trip to the library.

drat YOU OINK!!!!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

MiiNiPaa posted:

Who died because of Oink incompetence: he ruined ingredients too often, so they had to quit selling it, leading to no ingredients for Pierre Bistro and their trip to the library.

drat YOU OINK!!!!

drat HIM

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Aw, come on, he was clearly trying his best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Keldulas posted:

Angela is trying to gather all the Light that went forth from Lob Corp before she shut that down. That means we’d expect to receive the recipients of that Light, and presumably that’s people in the city who were more receptive, and least resigned to their lot in life.

We’ve seen at least one recipient capable of spontaneously employing EGO thus far. I expect to see more of that.