Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Poor Julia. So close, and yet so far.

New Key Pages

There is but one thing to say about these.

:mediocre:

San's Calmness passive is alright for a 1-cost passive imo. It also works great with the kind of evade dice centric strategy that's good right now, you can really make Retaliate deal good numbers with a couple Calmness procs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
We’re still in the easy early game at this point. Since we’re getting to use 3 floors for everything and using pages that are generally the same or better durability than the enemies, attrition alone is going to get you far.

Even the base librarian page is only slightly more fragile than the enemies right now.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Solitair posted:

Maybe this is just me, but I don't have much patience in seeking out specific battle symbols. I just let them come as they may.

Theantero posted:

Equipping battle symbols for their minuscule mechanical benefits is an exercise in wasting your time. You should only ever use them to style your nuggets. For example, Yesod's floor needs, among other things, an assortment of Zwei hats and those gimp masks from the Murderer to finalize a proper leather gay look (which is the only proper way to outfit his floor).

I'll hunt thhem down or grind them out for Fashion Purposes, but the 'comes as they may' unlocks do get equipped (and hidden) for their benefits, miniscule as they may be.

EDIT: On keypage chat, this is around the time that I finally stopped using Jack's page. The 2HP-turn passive is *really good*

Crasical fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 5, 2021

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I kept using Jack's page, largely because I found it funny to make Yesod dress like that and didn't know about appearance changing yet.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

GilliamYaeger posted:

Inferior to Silent Night in every way that matters. Protection isn't that useful a status effect, especially at this stage of the game.

I challenge this notion because at this point in the game 1 Protection can save you like 9 points of damage in a turn when your HP is only around 40. I was literally running one character as 'support' with 3 Fence and 3 Commandeering and using that innate defense to cover for whenever I dogpiled one enemy with one-sided attacks to take them out of the fight.

It fell off later. But I think it was good when I got it.

booksnake fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 5, 2021

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021
I was (accidentally) using Fence in not just the next tier, but the tier above that too. It, uh... it existed.

This update actually made me wonder, what is TQ going to do when he inevitably fails a fight, from a story standpoint? There's a teensy tiny part of me that WANTS him to fail a Reception now...

Some day we will finish the Zwei arc. That day will be when the game stops throwing us Abnormality battles.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It's unavoidably clustered in the beginning. It's obvious places with one or two units aren't sufficient for long, so it's going to keep hitting us with them. It also doesn't help that we have Keter on top of the 4 of the lower layer to start with, so getting 5 floors up to snuff means a constant stream for a while.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
My not knowing evade dice recycle on success vs. attack dice definitely made my card choice suboptimal at this point in the game. Thankfully it's easy enough to not really matter.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021

Keldulas posted:

It's unavoidably clustered in the beginning. It's obvious places with one or two units aren't sufficient for long, so it's going to keep hitting us with them. It also doesn't help that we have Keter on top of the 4 of the lower layer to start with, so getting 5 floors up to snuff means a constant stream for a while.

Oh yeah I know, I'm at the lategame myself. I just find it very funny from a story standpoint. Just, "hold on Zwei, we need to fight extraterrestrial monsters before dealing with your emotional baggage that we inflicted."

Ros and Los
Sep 28, 2021

MetaMeme posted:

STREETLIGHT is OVER

This made me laugh far harder than it should.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

...don't go acting like I'm strangling you, sir. I know what the real thing looks like.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

booksnake posted:

I challenge this notion because at this point in the game 1 Protection can save you like 9 points of damage in a turn when your HP is only around 40. I was literally running one character as 'support' with 3 Fence and 3 Commandeering and using that innate defense to cover for whenever I dogpiled one enemy with one-sided attacks to take them out of the fight.

It fell off later. But I think it was good when I got it.
Protection only matters if you're a scrub who loses clashes. :smug:

But no seriously these early fights are so incredibly easy that protection really isn't relevant, and later on HP values are high enough that protection isn't going to really affect that much unless you're deliberately letting yourself get hit to generate red emotion coins. Protection is really good then, but by the time you're pulling out advanced strategies like that you're going to have way better cards for that purpose (that I am looking forward to gushing over when we actually see them).

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I only grinded specific symbol with HP+ and Stagger Resist+ because every little bit helps. Except for the +3 HP symbol. How in the heck can you finish a reception with only 5% HP left? I don't even know how I got that stuff multiple times.

MiiNiPaa posted:

I always thought that Finn actually was 3 kids in a trenchcoat (you can beat the poo poo out of him with 3 librarians) or that Yun office was stronger than you might think (3 floorx x 3 librarians vs 2 waves of 2 opponents). And 2 floors vs 1 act of Brotherhood of Iron, 3 floors vs 2 act of Hook office...
At least this can be excused by the fact that you don't have that much librarian to outnumber the enemies by that point. So it's still fair at first.

So, I guess the Library will start being fair towards it's guests in the next chapter.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 6, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

All your stuff is great, but this one I particularly like for whatever reason. Nice.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I only grinded specific symbol with HP+ and Stagger Resist+ because every little bit helps. Except for the +3 HP symbol. How in the heck can you finish a reception with only 5% HP left? I don't even know how I got that stuff multiple times.

Go into the rats fight alone, beat up two of them, and just pass turn letting one hit you until you're at very low health, then obliterate him with a single card.

oobitydoo
Oct 1, 2021

For the record, 0 is less than 5% of any of your characters' max health, so it does give that symbol to dead librarians at the end of combat.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021

If my recent experiences are any indication (and yours by the sound of it), by not trying.

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit
Question, TQ. Do you have a mod that also edits what Assistant Librarians say? Because I'm not sure anything related to slacking off or smiling is regular. I guess I'll find out for sure once someone spouts about the Promised Land (Sephiroth) or "cuties" (Mizu).

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

nightelf_37 posted:

Question, TQ. Do you have a mod that also edits what Assistant Librarians say? Because I'm not sure anything related to slacking off or smiling is regular. I guess I'll find out for sure once someone spouts about the Promised Land (Sephiroth) or "cuties" (Mizu).
Customizing librarian dialogue is in the base game, my dude.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

GilliamYaeger posted:

Customizing librarian dialogue is in the base game, my dude.

Guys I might get banned for this but I found the mod that TQ's been using for the LP it's crazy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

nightelf_37 posted:

If you click the circled part, you can type in whatever you want, and when you hit enter it saves.

NullBlack posted:

...don't go acting like I'm strangling you, sir. I know what the real thing looks like.

:allears: Amazing as always.

MetaMeme posted:

Guys I might get banned for this but I found the mod that TQ's been using for the LP it's crazy

:mods:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit

TeeQueue posted:

If you click the circled part, you can type in whatever you want, and when you hit enter it saves.

So it's part of the base game. Neat!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
AnimeLight Novel Squad is ready to join in!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Now that I have properly repented for my posting crimes...

Looks like we're picking a fight with a bear!

Also the fanart post's been updated again. It was a productive evening off. :unsmith:

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

Also the fanart post's been updated again. It was a productive evening off. :unsmith:

it's like a new game: TeeQueue updates the Fanart, I spot the broken image link

TeeQueue posted:

[timg]https://lpix.org/images/MetaMeme/8ef0bc1f0ca873f005837c71953e7998/GoodLuckFiguringThisShitOutDumbass[/b]
Whenever NullBlack is nice to Bishop, MetaMeme has to make fun of him. It's the law.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

NullBlack posted:

it's like a new game: TeeQueue updates the Fanart, I spot the broken image link

Wouldn't be a Projmoon LP if I wasn't setting everything on fire somehow. :lobcorp:

Fixed it, thanks.

Ashardalon125
Apr 14, 2021
I agree with most people that at this point, Protection isn't really worth it. Eventually we'll get some decent Protection cards (that'll be the day!), but for now, it's more of a novelty. That said, you could theoretically stack it pretty high by having multiple people run it. Though that's a lot of utility spent on defense when the early game is way more offense focused.

There are some modded receptions that get more use out of protection, but it's kinda the weird child in terms of buffs.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!

Junpei posted:

AnimeLight Novel Squad is ready to join in!

We'll get adapted into an anime if we get popular enough!

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Omniphile posted:

But then your fans will complain the anime doesn't hold true to the novel!

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Omniphile posted:

"Listen you don't necessarily need to go back and watch the previous season but it adds a lot of contextual flavour to the interactions and there's a lot of mythology gags so while they're all seperate distinct stories you want to read all of them from the beginni- wait where are you going I have a watch order here just for youuuuuuuu

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

MetaMeme posted:

"Listen you don't necessarily need to go back and watch the previous season but it adds a lot of contextual flavour to the interactions and there's a lot of mythology gags so while they're all seperate distinct stories you want to read all of them from the beginni- wait where are you going I have a watch order here just for youuuuuuuu

:five:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

History—107.06—Happy Teddy Bear

Music: Lobby

Bishop and Malkuth are both running very quick-moving rushdown decks again, though with Malkuth having extra dice I've balanced her to have a different light curve than 3-or-bust.

Oh, hey, we match again!

I thought that these two bodies would have experience fighting alongside each other.

Is that why..? Well, I'm sure we'll be able to coordinate perfectly, then.

Of course. I'll follow your lead, ma'am.

It's time to face your second Abnormality, Malkuth.

Let's hope it's a bit less rough than mine, at least.

Roland, yours couldn't even move when we first met it.

...Ah.

Do your best, Malkuth!

Don't fail.

Leave it to me!

SNAP

Music: AbnormalityBattle01

Hold on a second… was this Abnormality in the facility when you were working?

It... wasn't, ma'am. Still, I remember it.

Huh… that's strange. Maybe you watched a video on it?

...Maybe… But that doesn't feel quite like it…

Well, it doesn't matter! Right now, we need to focus on the enemy in front of us.

Ma'am!

Happy Teddy Bear posted:

Would you like to play with me? I was too lonely.

It’s okay. Don’t be afraid. We’re just playing together.

Don’t you want to feel this fuzzy and warm feeling?

It’d be so nice if you could hold my hand and dance with me…

You’re the only one I want to talk with…

Don’t hit me, please… I’m already worn and torn, my cotton stuffing is sticking out everywhere.

Like with all Abnormalities, the first thing we want to do is check on its passives and the pages it's using.

First off, we'll talk about the page it's playing. Timid Endearment is 1 of 2 different 0-cost pages it can use. It doesn't really have the ability to deal any damage, but has a pair of powerful defense dice.

The other page, Display of Affection, is a purely offensive page capable of dealing actual damage. Happy Teddy Bear has custom dialogue when using it.

Happy Teddy Bear posted:

I’m so happy that you’re playing with me.

You’re a kind one, aren’t you? Let’s do it again, okay?

You were so eager to play with me. I’m touched…

After some testing, it seems to have a ~50% chance of playing either page on any given turn, and I wasn't able to find a pattern to it. Lastly, we'll talk about the page mentioned in its passive ability.

Happy Teddy Bear's passive lowers the cost of this page by 1 each time it's involved in a clash. As it's a 5-cost page, this means it'll take 3 clashes to be reduced to a playable 2-cost page. There's special dialogue for when this page is being used, too.

Happy Teddy Bear posted:

Come over here and feel this fuzzy and warm feeling of love with my hug.

Everyone loves hugs.

Don’t worry. It’s nothing scary. All I do is wrap you up in my arms.

Anyways, once this page comes out Happy Teddy Bear will always use it if able. It will always Stagger on hit, so Happy Teddy Bear will always have 2 Light after Staggering our Librarians to use it again. Needless to say, once we see this page it will result in a very quick loss unless we can somehow stagger Happy Teddy Bear that same turn.

Those are the rules of Happy Teddy Bear: Don't clash, and slowly whittle it down when able. We're basically going to be ignoring them. :getin:

Malkuth and Bishop are both going to start off by firing 3-cost pages at the Bear.

Its attack will definitely go first due to its guaranteed 10 Speed Die, and this adds the two block dice to its defense queue.

This means that targeting it with anyone on Timid Endearment turns causes a clash.

I've opened it up!

And I'll shut it down!

Rampage, meanwhile, remains an amazing page for damage due to having three attacks. Happy Teddy Bear is weakest against Slash dice, but with only Normal resistances otherwise any die is fine.

That trio of hearts appearing over its head is the indicator that we've clashed with it. Thankfully, its passive only seems to reduce the cost once a turn, so we're still doing fine.

I also noticed that last turn Malkuth and Bishop were both tied on speed dice, and Malkuth went first. This means that if we want Bishop to move first, he'll need a higher Speed die. Since Malkuth is throwing out a Retaliate and Bishop needs the clashes to restore his Light, this is our best possible turn.

All set up, Malkuth!

I think we're almost there! Just another push!

While we get our first Abnormality page, this fight tends to be over too quickly for them to really give much additional advantage. I go with Ashes because I like it more.

On Scene 3, Malkuth is the one to use Deflect to eat the two block dice, and Bishop goes for another Rampage.

Alright, he's open!

Great! I knew you'd do it.

We'd do it.

Of course. I did work hard, too.

We hit Matchlight after this turn, but it doesn't matter.

The Bear is staggered, with only 2 HP and 2 Burn. We could do nothing and still win this turn. So for the first time all LP…

I press P.

I press space.

And we win.

Ah, sorry, did you want that kill?

It's fine. You're the one who always had to work with the Abnormalities. It's only right that you finish it off.

Thanks… that's really sweet.

Huh, really?

Happy Teddy Bear is, in theory, an exercise in knowing how to avoid clashes and slowly chipping away at it. In practice, however, it's incredibly vulnerable to being rushed down and beaten before it can get its gimmick off.

VIDEO
Music: MalkuthStory

By the way, I told you before that this is my third life, right?

Oh, yeah. You been thinking about your previous lives? By the way, I heard from Angela that this place is related to Lobotomy Corporation somehow. Is that really true?

It’s not just “related somehow”. I was an AI in charge of the Control Team in Lobotomy Corporation.

AI? As in artificial intelligence? Hoooold on a sec. You’re an AI? Just like Angela?

…Sorry, my wording was a little off. I wasn’t a real AI. I was a human whose brain was restored for a second chance, if anything.

You mean the institution that manages the City?

Yepper, that Head. They usually like to stay awfully quiet, but when they do have work, they’re scarily thorough and quick about it. Or so I’ve heard, y’know?

You’re so casual, aren’t you? I thought we were having a serious conversation here.

Oh, whoops. Sorry. I’ve gone through all kinds of stuff, so my priorities tend to be a bit unusual. It’s not like I was trying to ignore what you were saying or anything, Malkuth. I’m sorry if it made you feel bad.

You have a rather unique personality, Roland.

It was all part of my survival strategy. Anyway, back to your past. You said you used to be the boss of the Control Team back in Lobotomy Corp, right?

That’s right. And now I’m in charge of history here, as you can see. So I started out by tracing back in my own history. Very, very slowly.

Would you like to have a listen?

:allears:

Hey, don’t be such a mood killer! You’re supposed to agree here!

Well, why bother asking if you’re going to tell me the story anyway?!

Hahaha. You know what, you got me there.

Anyways, I was ordered to work in Lobotomy Corp. as the head of the Control Team, bearing all my flaws. I was given a role to play as soon as I woke up.

Not realizing who I truly was… But with my heart still aching from the unresolved pain and regret from my past, almost about to burst. Just like that, I kept doing inhumane acts for Lobotomy Corp. I didn’t even question what I was doing since it was all just work to me. It felt like a calling, even. The only thing guiding me was a vague feeling that something went wrong because I didn’t try hard enough. My twisted sense of effort pushed many into peril. I forced others into following my selfish standards, like a fretful child.

Must have been rough for you. Being told to work like that without knowing what you were getting into. Did your memories naturally come back after working in Lobotomy Corp. for a while, or…?

Hmm, it’s more like… It’d be more correct to say I was reminded of them! My life at Lobotomy Corp. was actually my second. And when my emotions finally erupted while working there, I could remember my first life.

All the mistakes and faults I had made… And regret. I could understand why I had been so obsessed with trying hard. Turns out what I really wanted was recognition. “Look, I’m trying so hard. I’m a useful person.” I never knew how to stand up without leaning on someone else.

After I vented out all of my emotions, the inner struggle that had been haunting me for so long finally dissolved. I found redemption for my first life during my second life.

I guess that’s one way to put it.

Hold on for a moment. Let’s say that everything else makes sense since it’s the City we’re talking about.

But who revived you, and for what reason? Just to give you that enlightenment?

Maybe. So that I can let out all of my resentment and sorrow… That I can find redemption.

Music: StorySimgak

Whoa! Geez, you scared me for a sec. Were you listening to all of this?

Your salvation was never in his interests.

He only did it as a means to find his own redemption. I wasn’t the one using you. It was him; he used all of you just to satisfy himself.

Sigh… I can’t bear to hear any more of this nonsense.

Angela…

Music: StoryJinji

Oh, it's been a while since we've seen these forms! I won't be updating their icons, but throughout this part each of their titles describes them as either 'AI Secretary' or their team's Sephirah.

…What’s with those faces? It’s the rest you all longed for.

We can’t let you do that! We’ve worked so hard to make this happen!

Worked hard… How funny. Would you really call what you’ve done “hard work”?

We’re not going to sit still and let you take away our light.

“Our” light?

You’re not the boss. And I would never listen to you even if you were.

Of course you won’t. You’re still loyal to that man.

I won’t let you rob me of the meaning I finally found.

Do not feel so lonesome, now. I shall stand by your side if no one else wills to.

drat it! Binah… Even in the end, you’re…

This must be yet another consequence of his actions. I simply acknowledge all events as valid.

I would have shed a tear of gratitude for you if I could.

Feel free to act upon your wishes.

Angela… A machine consumed by desires… You cannot take this path!

I decide what I can or can’t do now.

Music: StorySimgak

Aren’t you interested in learning more about yourself or living your own life?

My life… It was to save humanity…! That’s why I could willingly sacrifice my life! It was for a greater cause!

…What a bunch of idiots.

Music: MalkuthStory

I gave away my two previous lives trying to save people. And I’m willing to do it again for a third time. We withstood all those hardships and trials for the sake of humanity!

Do we look like idiots to you, too, Roland?

Hmm… Well, it’s not like I know enough of the details. Don’t get this whole “saving humanity” thing, either. But if that’s what you sincerely hoped for, who am I to judge?

Of course I’m sincere! I… …Please leave me be for a bit. I need some time to think.

Alright, you do look like you need some rest. Remember, deep breaths, okay? Oh, and you don’t have to be too courteous with me when we talk, just thought I’d let ya know.

…Yeah.

Music: Lobby

For winning, we get the usual rewards and our next batch of assignments.

It's nothing but books this time, but it'll be a while before we see any of them.

As for Happy Teddy Bear's pages, they're a strong bunch. Nostalgic Embrace of the Old Days is likely the weakest of the three, having a slight chance to deal bonus Stagger damage to a foe when winning a clash. It's not the worst effect, but the other two are so stacked that it simply doesn't compare.

Happy Memories is a very good page which has a number of dedicated strategies built around its effect. This early in the game it's very difficult to do much with as we don't have any ways to get through our deck and play the same page multiple times. As we gain access to pages that let us burn through our deck more quickly this page becomes better and better until the endgame when… well, I'll show it off when we get there. :getin:

Lastly there's Display of Affection, which is just good. Because clashes are the most important time to have a bonus to Power, the +1-2 there is well worth losing 1-2 in one-sided attacks. They don't count, after all.

Malkuth's new librarian is coming. I would expect her to be here by now...

She needs to think. I'm sure she'll be here in time. In the meanwhile, I had a question for you.

I know you can hear me, you know. There's no way you couldn't. After all, you heard that conversation from the boss even though you weren't there.

It's simple enough, really: How'd I manage to remember an Abnormality I never even met? I thought it might have been one of those training videos, but I very distinctly remember that hug. No context for it, but isn't that even more strange?

Look, there are two ways that this can go. Either you tell me what's going on, or I find it out myself. We both know you can't take any actions against me, because that'd break your little 'No caring about the peons' rule.

I know you know what's going on. Answer me.

Ma'am, everything alright?

I'm fine. Is something the matter?

Well, it's just that you're being interrogated by that kid from History.

Oh, was I? Well, to whomever you are: I don't care.

I know you can hear me, you drat—

Alright, I'm here. Sorry, Roland. I'm all better now.

Don't worry about it. So, any ideas who we're going to be seeing?

Judging by our path far, it'd be one of Bishop's subordinates on the Control Team…

Subordinates? Ah, right, you were the captain. Then does that mean Steve was..?

I worked with Zaida in the Architecture Team. As for our newbie, it'll probably be Chinely or Omni.

Honestly, it'll be good to have one of them back. They'll definitely get a kick out of this situation.

Right? They were two of our best workers, too…

The process is complete. Please welcome your new team member.

I've returned to help! Please, hold your rejoicing~

So… is that Chinely, or Omni?

Those two anime-addicted guys? Huhuhu… I mean, they're fine and all, if you prefer that kind of help… but compared to what the great Dimi can offer, they're like candles in a fan! No… a storm!

Uh...huh.

Oh no...

Next time, on Library of Ruina

Our Shield Now.

Videos

Malkuth 3

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 8, 2021

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Fun fact: Viewing the log during the Sephirah part of the cutscene allows you to see what the other upcoming patron librarian looks like ahead of time.

Display of Affection requires good amount of negative token to draw, which makes it difficult to draw unless you got pushed back behind during early part of battle. The +Power does help you pull a comeback after that.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 8, 2021

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Goddamnit Binah

Chaoszero533
Mar 14, 2015

quote:

The wiki says that it has a starting Light cost of 4, but since I wasn't able to make it show up before 3 clashes had happened, it might have been changed to 5 at some point.
Unfortunately, the wiki for Library is pretty much dead as of right now. This website is the best source of info about pages that I found so far. Everything on it was taken directly from the game files, so it should be accurate as of patch 1.1.0.5b1. Usual wiki spoiler warning applies.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Chaoszero533 posted:

Unfortunately, the wiki for Library is pretty much dead as of right now. This website is the best source of info about pages that I found so far. Everything on it was taken directly from the game files, so it should be accurate as of patch 1.1.0.5b1. Usual wiki spoiler warning applies.

Thank you very much for this tool, it's going into my saved references.

In other news, it's a 5-cost.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

TeeQueue posted:

Happy Teddy Bear is, in theory, an exercise in knowing how to avoid clashes and slowly chipping away at it. In practice, however, it's incredibly vulnerable to being rushed down and beaten before it can get its gimmick off.

I love this LP because it's showing me how a lot of mechanics are supposed to be engaged with. I most definitely just rushed down the teddy bear with attacks it was vulnerable too

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

A note on Nostalgic Embrace of the Old Days: chance to inflict stagger increases by 10% before each clash (doesn't matter if you win or lose this one) with the same target as before. This carries over between scenes. After 8 clashes with the same target you are guaranteed to deal bonus stagger damage. Might be more useful in boss fight later. Just make sure you do not accidentally save a defensive die for other enemy to clash with and ruin your streak.

For Display of Affection note that saved defensive dice are affected by it too, which is great.

For me the main problem of LC and LoR wiki is that they are hosted on Fandom, and I refuse to contribute to it in any way. This is why I never fixed multiple inaccuracies in LC wiki found in previous thread.

MiiNiPaa fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 8, 2021

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

MiiNiPaa posted:

For me the main problem of LC and LoR wiki is that they are hosted on Fandom, and I refuse to contribute to it in any way. This is why I never fixed multiple inaccuracies in LC wiki found in previous thread.

Is something morally or ethically wrong with Fandom, or is there some other reason?

Also: Dammit Dimi, what are you doing here so early? And where's my animes?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I've checked out a whole bunch of people stream Ruina (probably too many, I might have a problem), and I think I've seen people actually play to the Teddy Bear's gimmick... around a zero times? The rushdown strategy is just too easy to pull off.

Personally, I think it should be tankier so it's harder to forcibly beat down before Nostalgic Embrace comes into play, but with less damage on Display of Affection (or some gimmick on the card where it gets a power malus if one-sided, which would also make thematic sense since unrequited affection is just sad).