Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

September!

The 7th Guest posted:

Eastward is a top-down action adventure with gorgeous pixel art
Gamedec is a detective game where you go into virtual game worlds to solve cyber crimes (i'm still waiting to see on this one, the lack of info on a lot of the campaign makes me wonder if it'll be a "to be continued" situation)
Sable is the chill-out Moebius open world adventure
Get in the Car Loser is Christine Love's newest hot mess
Bonfire Peaks is this year's Draknek game (A Monster's Expedition, A Good Snowman is Hard to Build) by the creator of Pipe Push Paradise
Severed Steel is a gun stunts FPS game where you jump off walls and slow down time and just go crazy, it rules
TOEM is a photography game where you help people out by taking pictures and showing them. love this one
Kitaria Fables is a lower-budget/ambition Rune Factory kinda game sans-dating
Webbed is a game where you are spider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm too lazy to make my own lists so you gotta post one for me

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

september is spring

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i have added several numbers by popular demand

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

I haven’t played the dlc but my understanding is that it’s a house that lives in the sewers

this is correct

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

the novel coronavirus is keeping me from playing death stranding. i need a courageous courier to deliver a ps4 console to me

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Relax Or DIE posted:

if you can wait a couple more weeks I'll be able to deliver it to you via catapult

i'll be waiting outside my bunker with my hands outstretched to catch it

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

New Super Metis posted:

the novel coronavirus is keeping me from playing death stranding. i need a courageous courier to deliver a ps4 console to me

after posting this I was reminded that death stranding is also available on PC, and it is currently 60% off on steam. the coronavirus can no longer stop me from making my deliveries

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I said come in! posted:

The only problem is the pc version is maybe never getting the new expansion that comes out this month for playstation.

it's ok I was never going to get the expansion on the ps4 version either so I'm not missing out

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

btw you are all forbidden from talking about death stranding ever again because i discovered my pc isn't capable of running it so the coronavirus is still preventing me from playing it and i'm currently in the "take it out on everyone else" stage of grief

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

forbidden!!!!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

I welcome the censorship of the corrupt mod team, especially if it comes in the form of a cool mp4 on my rap sheet (metis knows the one)

for you, the greatest punishment is to continue posting

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

just like for you, the greatest punishment is not getting to play death stranding

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Prop Wash posted:

Oh god what is happening in the background

On a different note, and I realize this is insensitive and comes at a terrible time for the Games Chat Thread, but I’m really excited to start playing Death Stranding today

i hope.... you enjoy it.....

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

:hmmyes:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

bovis posted:

I think I might install Prey and try to get more than a couple hours through/finish it before Deathloop comes out next week! :D

Hell yeah, Prey rules!! Enjoy it!

I'm continuing to play the great ace attorney and thoroughly enjoying it. It feels a lot meatier than past AA games which is great but also makes my progress a lot slower. It's very wordy! Still got that fantastic AA charm though. And some of the new features feel utterly natural - I keep forgetting that the "pursue" option is new to this game! It works so well.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I love the way they handled that in Fire emblem three houses, where the main character was raise so sheltered they somehow do not know what the dominant religion of their home is

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is it actually your birthday waffles or were you doing a gatsby bit

if it wasn't before, it is now, through force of will

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

i want gamer thimbles now

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I really need to make note of when that is for me so I can remember to tune in!!

wednesday and saturday mornings, i think? and sunday..... over night probably.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Prey good!!! And at least you get to enjoy a (presumably?) great game like Deathloop while you're in quarantine, good luck getting through the rest of it!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Rarity posted:

Mods are asleep post long clown

don't make me turn this thread around!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I built so many roads today. Feels good to be back stranding again.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

wow those are all gorgeous!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm enjoying squid game. Watched the first four episodes now. I can definitely feel each episode just being a bit too long, but that mostly keeps me.from binging it all at once which makes the pace feel better.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Propaganda Hour posted:

Pretty impressive. I've been sued by the EEOC, but usually what happens is that they issue something called a "Dismissal and Notice of Rights". This form lays out a bunch of options for a respondent when closing a file: dismissed because the claims aren't under an enforceable statute for EEOC, allegations aren't involving a disability or protected class, employee is outside of jurisdiction (employer too small), and finally an issuance of determination. This means that they EEOC, after a big huge investigation and hundreds of hours of my time, throws the whole thing out and goes "we don't know." At this point the respondent has an administrative "right to sue" as the EEOC avenue of administrative recourse has been exhausted. Respondent gets 90 days to file suit after dismissal. I think some states expanded that time, but my state is 90 days.

The EEOC under Trump didn't issue rights to sue a lot. They preferred to bind people up in mediation for years and years and years until the person gave up or died. The fact that the EEOC are moving forward with this instead of issuing what is commonly referred to as a golden ticket to a private firm or the DOJ means they have something big here, and something they want to go after quickly. EEOC lawsuits aren't terribly big, a couple million here or there. 100mil is rare. But they do have long-term administrative consequences that can tie up an agency.

alright no need to answer this if you don't want to but i do have to ask to satisfy my burning curiosity: what did you get sued for

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Propaganda Hour posted:

I'm head of HR for a 25k person employer. I get named on a lot of stuff

thank you for indulging me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Y'all, stealing a MULE's truck and getting roads up and finding a cruisin route for getting those star patches is good gamin

It rules!!!