Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
My brother was showing me a Youtube video about a glitch in Super Paper Mario. Luigi was slowly scootching backwards up a pyramid made of clouds, then he did a backflip from a crouch like in Mario 64 and instead of landing on the ground clipped through it for a bit, and when he landed in a hidden chamber he was a Koopa Troopa holding a football instead. Some big red text scrolled across the screen that said "Congratulations Luigi!" and then the Koopa Troopa was invisible except for his shell and white gloves. I argued with my brother that this was not a glitch, the football was obviously an item that disguised Luigi as an invisible koopa so Bowser wouldn't be able to recognize him. My brother had to agree that there was a scene in the video where Bowser looked right at him and didn't notice, though I didn't remember seeing that.

This was after waking up from a dream within a dream where Baltic was a scent of shampoo instead of a property in Monopoly and being disappointed that it had nothing to do with Mario so I couldn't start the dream thread with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Caithness posted:

My brother was showing me a Youtube video about a glitch in Super Paper Mario. Luigi was slowly scootching backwards up a pyramid made of clouds, then he did a backflip from a crouch like in Mario 64 and instead of landing on the ground clipped through it for a bit, and when he landed in a hidden chamber he was a Koopa Troopa holding a football instead. Some big red text scrolled across the screen that said "Congratulations Luigi!" and then the Koopa Troopa was invisible except for his shell and white gloves. I argued with my brother that this was not a glitch, the football was obviously an item that disguised Luigi as an invisible koopa so Bowser wouldn't be able to recognize him. My brother had to agree that there was a scene in the video where Bowser looked right at him and didn't notice, though I didn't remember seeing that.

This was after waking up from a dream within a dream where Baltic was a scent of shampoo instead of a property in Monopoly and being disappointed that it had nothing to do with Mario so I couldn't start the dream thread with it.

lol

Mario in the first dream... all is well

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Caithness posted:

Lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

put this man in the OP

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A candy colored clown they call the Shidman...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

Mario in the first dream... all is well

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

A candy colored clown they call the Shidman...

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it took me too long to notice the song titles too lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao I forgot about wompa lompa leap and now I have the song stuck in my head

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 3, 2021

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I rarely dream but, perhaps troubled by the lack of a dream thread, I had a gaming dream last night. I goldmined the other thread, and I was worried that by doing so I messed up Imp Zone's balance somehow. I'm glad there is one now, since I didn't want to start it myself.

In the dream I was playing Dragon Quest XI and found a new area that was really scenic. As always, I started out by exploring it and taking in the views. As I did so, I kept muttering to myself "nice trees, nice trees, amazing looking trees" except in English for whatever reason, which is not my native language.

Hearing myself say this, I realized that I was just the same as the "nice water" guy and then I was suddenly at a convention or something, talking to a bald guy who I knew was the "nice water" guy himself. He explained to me that there is one "nice something" person for each element, and that he was water and I was earth. There was also one for fire and air. As he explained it I saw their twitter posts appearing before me as a mental image, showing fluffy clouds and torches with really cool lighting with the caption "nice fire" or "amazing clouds". Then I asked him if there other elements, and he said that there were hidden elements with their chosen posters still unrevealed, but one day they would reveal themselves like I did. "Nice light" was one such element, and I saw screenshots of really beautiful sunsets and ruined churches like from Dark Souls, bathed in solemn light.

But that thought led me to an inevitable conclusion: That means there must be a "nice dark" guy out there. As the thought arose unbidden, Twitter posts with screenshots appeared before me, same as before but now showing terrible monsters and warped demons made from shadow, like out of Junji Ito's Sensor which I read before going to bed, with accompanying captions of "nice dark" and "amazing dark in this game". Seeing those words and nightmarish images made me incredibly terrified, I wanted nothing more than the images to stop appearing. And then I woke up.

I still can't shake the deja vu feeling that I was just dreaming a post someone else had already posted in the previous threads.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Here's the image from Sensor that really resembles the videogame ones from the dream.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bolverkur posted:

I rarely dream but, perhaps troubled by the lack of a dream thread, I had a gaming dream last night. I goldmined the other thread, and I was worried that by doing so I messed up Imp Zone's balance somehow. I'm glad there is one now, since I didn't want to start it myself.

In the dream I was playing Dragon Quest XI and found a new area that was really scenic. As always, I started out by exploring it and taking in the views. As I did so, I kept muttering to myself "nice trees, nice trees, amazing looking trees" except in English for whatever reason, which is not my native language.

Hearing myself say this, I realized that I was just the same as the "nice water" guy and then I was suddenly at a convention or something, talking to a bald guy who I knew was the "nice water" guy himself. He explained to me that there is one "nice something" person for each element, and that he was water and I was earth. There was also one for fire and air. As he explained it I saw their twitter posts appearing before me as a mental image, showing fluffy clouds and torches with really cool lighting with the caption "nice fire" or "amazing clouds". Then I asked him if there other elements, and he said that there were hidden elements with their chosen posters still unrevealed, but one day they would reveal themselves like I did. "Nice light" was one such element, and I saw screenshots of really beautiful sunsets and ruined churches like from Dark Souls, bathed in solemn light.

But that thought led me to an inevitable conclusion: That means there must be a "nice dark" guy out there. As the thought arose unbidden, Twitter posts with screenshots appeared before me, same as before but now showing terrible monsters and warped demons made from shadow, like out of Junji Ito's Sensor which I read before going to bed, with accompanying captions of "nice dark" and "amazing dark in this game". Seeing those words and nightmarish images made me incredibly terrified, I wanted nothing more than the images to stop appearing. And then I woke up.

I still can't shake the deja vu feeling that I was just dreaming a post someone else had already posted in the previous threads.

:stare:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

Lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

Woah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

Whoa

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bolverkur posted:

nice dream...

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

drat you beat me to it lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

lmao

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

nice dream...

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

lol I like yours better anyway

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bolverkur posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

symbolic posted:

lmao. i don't think you understand just how upsetting this is to me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002