Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Blahblahblah USB-C wank!

Wanna bet the iPhone 13 still features Lightning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Honestly, I have a big fat iPad Pro, and it's great. But I kinda want a mini to be its little buddy for when it's just too obnoxiously huge. If this thing isn't a giant ripoff, might be worth it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

AlternateAccount posted:

WHY ARE YOU WALKING AROUND. Just stand there, stop being so WEIRD.

Seeing Silicon Valley freakazoids speak in their pitch mode is literally the actual vision of a boot stepping on a human face.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

lol MasterClass.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

Blahblahblah USB-C wank!

Wanna bet the iPhone 13 still features Lightning?

90%

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Also they've been trying to force AR for years. Stop trying to make it happen, it's not going to happen.

Al-Saqr posted:

Seeing Silicon Valley freakazoids speak in their pitch mode is literally the actual vision of a boot stepping on a human face.

100%. They're like meat puppets possessed by the Corporate Spirit that can only speak Marketing, the worst English dialect.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
They're really hardselling the Tiny iPad for Kids and Poors.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

This video feels like part of the new Matrix trailer.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I dont get why they're so insistent on the cameras on ipads being a thing, I mean yeah it's cool but I would much rather they just make their ipads support logic or final cut or something more useful. I mean hell introducing 'Xbox game pass for iPad' would be huge.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Imagine walking around an urban hellscape or riding an escalator with your iPad out and not having it stolen or getting your rear end kicked on principle.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

AlternateAccount posted:

They're really hardselling the Tiny iPad for Kids and Poors.

The mini costs more than the regular iPad

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Ultrawide camera to get that child into frame.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

HOW IS THE IPAD MINI MORE EXPENSIVE THAN NORMAL IPAD

HOW

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

thrawn527 posted:

This video feels like part of the new Matrix trailer.

"Are you telling me I can add external storage?"
"No, Neo. I am telling you that once you sell out to the ecosystem, you won't have to."

Al-Saqr posted:

I dont get why they're so insistent on the cameras on ipads being a thing, I mean yeah it's cool but I would much rather they just make their ipads support logic or final cut or something more useful. I mean hell introducing 'Xbox game pass for iPad' would be huge.

Yes. But kids do use them a lot when schools issue them.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

More environmental wank.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

FCKGW posted:

The mini costs more than the regular iPad

I think I was running a few minutes behind. WHAT THE gently caress, what was the price?!?!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

AlternateAccount posted:

Imagine walking around an urban hellscape or riding an escalator with your iPad out and not having it stolen or getting your rear end kicked on principle.

Please stop reading the New York Post.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

HOW

The same reason I am actually kind of surprised they are changing the form factor, a huge number them are sold as part of "integrated solutions".

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

AlternateAccount posted:

I think I was running a few minutes behind. WHAT THE gently caress, what was the price?!?!

the normal new iPad costs 350 while the mini is like 450 lol

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

HOW

Been that way forever

The mini is a niche product and generally has better screen, storage and specs than the base iPad

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I've always wanted an Apple Watch, but I have literally zero use case for one. I don't want to get texts all the time and it's not going to shift my activity level.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
So, Apple Watch with USB-C?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

AlternateAccount posted:

New iPad is $329. New iPad Mini is $499.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

thrawn527 posted:

New iPad is $329. New iPad Mini is $499.

Five hundred dollars? That's insane.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I really like the iPad Mini. I have had a 4th gen mini since it was released. I don't have any interest in bigger ones.

I also want everyone to know I am streaming the event on my 5K iMac and running the audio to my airpods so as to not disrupt my co-workers. :capitalism:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Big watch the size of a small boulder.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kerbtree posted:

So, Apple Watch with USB-C?

I sure as hell hope not. Ports on a watch? lmao

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
So much for the flat watch.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ooof, old iPad Mini was $399, that's a big jump in price.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Kermit the Frog for a posture coach

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Every single thing Apple does now is so homogenized. Just random buzzwords plugged into an algorithm. Hire some actual directors to make little three minute movies introducing your new poo poo.
You get David Lynch to show me why I need an iPad mini, you can have my $500.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Someone is about to get reamed by Apple Security/Legal on those flat edged case leaks. I don't think the wrap around display was leaked anywhere.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

So much for the flat watch.
I'm actually glad they stuck with the current design.

That said, I don't expect any worthwhile changes that'd coax me to upgrade, like additional sensors (e.g. like Samsung's body composition and blood pressure).

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Lol all the pundits were wrong about the form factor. It's the same as the older ones, just smaller bezels.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Durzel posted:

Lol all the pundits were wrong about the form factor. It's the same as the older ones, just smaller bezels.

aka still ugly

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I would give all the lint in my belly button to make these people stop doing the 'pitch hands'.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
There were lots of reports that the flat watch had tons of production issues so that's not super surprising re: no flat watch.

Sounds like next year they'll do flat and hopefully also have some more stuff like glucose monitoring for people who want/need it.

Personally I gave my apple watch 5 to my wife, it's nice but I am now team "regular non smart watch" cuz feeling like you have to get the newer watch over and over is just horrible. And I don't need any of the health features (yet, right now)

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
If you mute this, you could easily believe the talking heads are reading off side effects for a new once-a-day pill to manage your genital herpes flareups.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Al-Saqr posted:

I would give all the lint in my belly button to make these people stop doing the 'pitch hands'.

Thanks. Now I can’t unsee that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

IP6X -- whats the X apple