Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Every time I'm tempted by D2:R or D4, some new horror manages to ooze out of Blizzard's cesspit or develop further.

I'm generally pessimistic on the odds of capital actually suffering consequences for their horrific actions, but there are so many different suits and agencies going after Blizz simultaneously that one or even several could do serious damage. Assuming that the govt actually does something to stop Blizzard from destroying (further) evidence or silencing (more) witnesses, without screwing up each othe-

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

Yeah, those are the messy strategies I'm expecting A-B to start pulling out as the pressure ramps up and people in charge get more uncomfortable. Wonder who Bobby's going to throw under the bus first?

Malah
May 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1460672531002707976

Here we go again.

Malah
May 18, 2015

stev posted:

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1461782076173139970

"Blizzard polish" means never looking at character models from the back.
:psyduck:

I've seen this ten times and still stricken by disbelief that it ever saw the light of day. Holy poo poo!

Malah
May 18, 2015

:psyboom:

Malah
May 18, 2015

busalover posted:

I mean one of the few things I think about when I hear the word "esports", is this tweet

https://twitter.com/itshafu/status/1420472254496837632
This ended up being the catalyst for making a rule explicitly banning rape as a "joke" in guild/raids. Officers worried I was being too sensitive - surely it was silly to make a big deal out of it!

Our backup rogue was out the door two weeks later. Wasted his final words to call me a bitch one last time. :sweep:

Malah
May 18, 2015

Vegetable posted:

Honestly, NFTs are no more a sham than people getting, I dunno, autographed books or certified movie prop replicas or Pokémon card misprints or the brick from the Berlin wall. It’s not about the actual thing but the symbolism or the rarity of it. If they fix the carbon impact (and it’s already totally possible), then what the heck, go for it. Giant corporations will benefit but legitimate artists as well. And if anyone doesn’t want to participate that’s fine as well.

Of course it’s more than a little lol that Ubisoft execs think the right message is “dumbass consumers just don’t get it.” But I think people do get too upset about markets existing for nebulous things. The collectibles market was already weird and inscrutable for hundreds of years; this is not anything new.
NFTs and collectible markets are both scams. You got it. You've figured it out. Good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

This is a good start.