Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I’m confused. Why were you fired?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

You Are A Elf posted:

Seriously.

Do you work here, OP?

The world famous Something Awful Tavern, renowned for its frozen bushwhackers, surprise drink surcharges, and the guy who may or may not be your bartender/manager/busboy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Op shouldn't have been fired. Op should be fired out of a cannon :xd:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

quote:

"Here is the bill, I'm the manager and I took the 3 bucks off, because I don't want to argue."

"You're wrong, but I don't want to deal with you. Also, I think you're an rear end in a top hat and would want to fight me about it."

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

You write like you're 10. Did you get fired because you're 10 and they found out or something?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Call we fire the OP from these forums

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Minnesota Mixup posted:

You write like you're 10. Did you get fired because you're 10 and they found out or something?

Well i actually read the OP because it wasn't a bunch of nerd-rear end paragraphs

I can barely tell why you got fired tbh (i thought u were the manager??) and you didnt do anything wrong considering how easily emotions can flare and, in the same situation, many people would have said something worse; including myself. Customers can be pieces of poo poo and it sucks treating each one as a delicate flower whose business you are eternally grateful for.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

We are going to need a team of highly trained investigators, linguists, cryptographers, analysts, and psychologists to decipher the OP's story. We are going to need funding too. Possibly even roll this project into its own tech start up.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
there's nothing in this story about a post

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
It's a typo, they meant 'the past'

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Wall Balls posted:

it sucks that those people made such a fuss and wanted to beat you up over 3 bucks and a style of drink from 1983, but you also post like a weirdo, so there's no way to tell who's in the wrong here

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp
tf is a bushwacker? some kind of gin slurpee?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

mudskipp posted:

It's a typo, they meant 'the past'

Perhaps he upcharged a time traveler?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

you should touch computers for a living, that's free money and you can still be drunk the entire time

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Cubone posted:

there's nothing in this story about a post

OP has since been fired for starting this thread

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

Rum, irish cream, milk, kahlua, and creme de cacao blended with a glass of ice. It's a startlingly tasty alcoholic chocolate milkshake. Never heard of one unblended but that's the least confusing thing happening in here

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Forensic observation 9.16.21

1730 9.15.21 Poster begins shift at what appears to be a gastropub.

1930 9.15.21 Poster has upset customers. Fails to defuse situation.

2200 9.15.21 Poster has exited the building and is heading in the direction of faster transportation.

2230 9.15.21 Poster has reached their domicile safely and has begun typing up weird poo poo on the internet.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Voice of Labor posted:

the post that got me fired was the one I drove through the boss' cold black heart

Thanks for the laugh in this horseshit thread.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

Alcoholic milkshake basically

Customer didn't specifically state that they wanted it to be frozen so OP brought them a glass of alcoholic milk

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

runnypoops posted:

Your username is a dope Gang of Four song

Mao's wife had a band?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
it may be that the OP thinks the post will get him fired

which is true since I know for a fact there is a group of gang-stalkers following his every move, I'm one of them

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I bushwacked my dick, OP

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Brrrmph posted:

I’m confused. Why were you fired?

Yeah I'm confused too.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Yeah I'm confused too.

its because the OP doesnt know how to make drinks and then gets indignant about his ineptitude

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

i think this is a good story well told, because i don't want to argue

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
You’re the manager who fired you :confused: did your manager persona fire your busboy persona

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I want to talk about the post that got you fired UP op

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

suck the poo poo out of my rear end op

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Next time give them a dicksucker on the rocks if you know what I mean

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Who do I have to post about to get a drink around here?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I wish that this was an alt of mine because I am damaged goods so that would be clever but I was never such a weirdo bad bartender.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I'm trying to figure out what's going on here, the story is poorly related and the additional posts are confusing. Sorry, this is a bad thread.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

I'm trying to figure out what's going on here, the story is poorly related and the additional posts are confusing. Sorry, this is a bad thread.

Someone ordered a drink off the menu and sent it back because it wasn't made correctly, OP told the waiter to charge them an extra $3 fee for fixing his fuckup, then when the customer objected to paying extra to get their drink as ordered the OP told them they took the charge off the bill because they "didn't feel like arguing" rather than admit to the 2 mistakes they had made at this point.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
IK :gas:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

lol just realized this happened yesterday.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Actually I feel bad now and I was a weirdo.

I bartended for over a decade is this really a thing charging more for a blended drink? I mean they were a pain in the rear end but we never ever could charge 3 bucks for the hassle.

My specialty was muddled drinks so I was a glutton for punishment

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

*reads story about OP being a curt rear end in a top hat to customers*

DamagedGoods posted:

Sorry to distract you from the simple function of having a meal not in your home.
Do I have to remind you to be civil and treat people better than you would if it were family.

:ironicat:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DamagedGoods posted:

So, I should cave to the will of the masses that are unrealistic in their expectation of service today.

Yes. Give the hogs their slop what the gently caress do you care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It's hard to sympathize with anyone here OP because those customers were rude and also you're an rear end in a top hat, but that's what working with customers will do to you. Also everything about bar culture and how passionate you talk about drinks just makes me wish the customer was harder on you.

Voting 3.