Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

After first person gets shot while using the pouch:

"Now get the new and improved pouch with the Police Benevolent Association logo embossed on it for easier identification. Costs more than the original but isn't your family worth it?"

:synpa:

DONKEY SALAMI fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Can we safely assume that anyone without a No Reach Pouch is a dangerous criminal?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

It is. And they make a thin blue line model, so gently caress them in the ear with an egg whisk.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I just live in a place without many firearms. Works pretty well tbh.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

sigher posted:

Is this real? I want one. lol

I had to look up gorget and the definition says: a piece of armor for the throat. So that makes sense, then it also said: a wimple. Then I had to look up "wimple," because what the hell is that. Also people who also searched "gorget" searched up "Nazi Germany." :psyduck: Kinda makes sense in context of the thread though.

The US marines used gorgets for a long while many years ago. Thus the nickname for a marine became "leatherneck". Read some GI Joe comics already.
I believe it started in some stupid war in the Philippines decades ago. But the idea was that patrols in the jungle/forest were getting ambushed by people with machetes. Heads would get halfway hacked-off, which is pretty effective for dropping a person. To counteract this marines started wearing leather gorgets to protect their necks which helped a lot. A technology from several hundred years previous.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ded posted:

oh dear god. its 2021 and i clicked on a three olives thread

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I just live in a place without many firearms. Works pretty well tbh.

I grew up watching action movies, and I love playing with airsoft guns, but goddamn am I glad I don't live in a country where I have to worry that one of my nieces or nephews will get shot at school by some psycho with an assault rifle. I'd like to do some shooting with real guns, but I'll happily take the safety of my loved ones over more expensive toys.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sunswipe posted:

am I glad I don't live in a country where I have to worry that one of my nieces or nephews will get shot at school by some psycho with an assault rifle.

That could be either a shooter or a cop.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/MnDPS_DPS/status/1438584957597896711

Finally you no longer have to worry about an officer shooting you because they have requested documents for you that you keep in your wallet and glovebox. All you have to do now is put all the information required to steal your identity in a handy dandy little clear pouch and cover one of your car air vents with it. In the event of a traffic stop, clearly announce that your information is in the clear No Reach Pouch® and ask the officer to kindly not shoot you.

Another fabulous idea to protect officers, remember it's a thin blue line.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1438627772029669382

Thank you for this post Three Olives. It will really help.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Internetjack posted:

The US marines used gorgets for a long while many years ago. Thus the nickname for a marine became "leatherneck". Read some GI Joe comics already.
I believe it started in some stupid war in the Philippines decades ago. But the idea was that patrols in the jungle/forest were getting ambushed by people with machetes. Heads would get halfway hacked-off, which is pretty effective for dropping a person. To counteract this marines started wearing leather gorgets to protect their necks which helped a lot. A technology from several hundred years previous.

I thought they were called that because back then shitloads of armies had awful uncomfortable neckbraces you had to wear so your head would be perfectly straight so no one would call your country a bunch of pansies or w/e.

It's like old military discipline where they just made your life as miserable as possible and also beat the poo poo out of you for no reason, hopefully this vaunted military thinking can make it into the police force as well

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Buschmaki posted:

It's like old military discipline where they just made your life as miserable as possible and also beat the poo poo out of you for no reason, hopefully this vaunted military thinking can make it into the police force as well

That'd be bad because it creates more abused and angry soldiers who are ready to kill.

Police already have that problem.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
good white material so the outline of your cock shows up

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

drkhrs2020 posted:

"they could hide a razor blade in the edges and swing it like a lasso slitting an officer's throat from 10 feet away so that's why we aren't filing charges against the four cops who shot him in the back 78 times"

Possibly :nws: for violence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYwd0Wus5Ik

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That could be either a shooter or a cop.

Mass shooters are just cops who didn't get their badges yet.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Huh. Well, that's cool. An overwhelming and obvious majority of police officers in this country are full up conspiracy-theory lunatics. They love being racist so much that they all went and got the full club membership and all the merch that came with it, right down to the anti-vaxx poo poo. Probably the Q-anon poo poo, too. And it really is practically all of them.

That's really great.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Huh. Well, that's cool. An overwhelming and obvious majority of police officers in this country are full up conspiracy-theory lunatics. They love being racist so much that they all went and got the full club membership and all the merch that came with it, right down to the anti-vaxx poo poo. Probably the Q-anon poo poo, too. And it really is practically all of them.

That's really great.

In Portland all city employees are required to be vaccinated... except the police :911:

loving plague bearers

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tip posted:

In Portland all city employees are required to be vaccinated... except the police :911:

loving plague bearers

the police are bugs/ insects
makes sense

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this is a few tangents away but the 2nd amendment is a bit much

do you carry? i dunno in canada you cant. and no one does. we dont have the culture.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i keep my wallet and license in a purse and im basically just waiting for the day i get pulled over and a cop turns me in to a twitter hashtag when i reach in to it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/redrightham/status/1438926000591540224?s=20

lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

what is registration?

i carry my license and my insurance... Is registration proof that I paid my tag tax?

There is already a loving sticker on my license plate saying i paid it, and when your camera scans my vehicle i know you know i have it. You've admitted it to me.

You even told me the license plate scan even includes my insurance status so instead of needing a physical card, I can just show you a copy of what you already know I have on my cell phone if I paid for my car taxes through the app this year.

gently caress the police.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I have a mortar crew set up within 2 miles of my position at any given time, ready to fire my documents in a depleted uranium shell in a safe, hands-free manner

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It's time to remove the police union or at the least reinstate the right to civilly sue a police officer for wrong doing.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

We can't just continue to allow police to shoot innocent people "because they were scared".

That is why you get paid for the job, and it is hardly ever the reason for death of a police officer. Check that vaccine list you gently caress holes. It is going to be like 5x as many deaths as a man with a "gun" that didn't exist that you shot anyway.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Lamebot posted:

Also car bombs are a thing. Never know when a car will explode so we should be issuing roof mounted heat seeking missiles for every cruiser. Just to be safe.

At this point all future car stopsvshould be performed by nailing the car from a predator drone. Blue lives are under threat!!!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sunswipe posted:

It is. And they make a thin blue line model, so gently caress them in the ear with an egg whisk.

Lamebot posted:

This was 100% made to help cops make even more ridiculous self defense arguments.

Ooof, there goes that idea.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

guy is black = less money = hes out doing robberies = shoot em

i have another thought to offer is that all police stops are useless and you should just bill people in the mail at this point

it even goes further. drivers licenses are practically useless, just issue or take them away no tests required

no need to enforce it because people are just going to drive any ways

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cops can't take my kratom because I have one of these

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smugworth posted:

Can u fax me

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth posted:

I literal get out of jail free card lol.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Smugworth posted:

on the back it says "valid only for holders with skin tone lighter than this card"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Klyith posted:

on the back it says "valid only for holders with skin tone lighter than this card"

Actually on the back it says "Can only be redeemed with additional payment of $60 kilo of Kratom"

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

roll a kratom blunt, light that poo poo up, and sorround yourself with the intoxicating cloud of narcotic ecstasy. a cop can legally not touch you. its the law.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I like how American cops are an environmental hazard like a loving bear attack. Yeah, there are bears around, if you're not careful you might get killed, so here's what you should to minimize your chances of getting mauled.

They're just taking for granted that this is how things are, but the thing is it's not bears, it's trained officers who can simply not shoot you. If they can't manage that, they shouldn't be allowed guns.

I've only been stopped once, not in the US, and while cops have issues everywhere, it did not even slightly enter my mind that I would need to move very carefully and note where my hands are to avoid being shot. Because that is just not something that happens.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Elukka posted:

I like how American cops are an environmental hazard like a loving bear attack. Yeah, there are bears around, if you're not careful you might get killed, so here's what you should to minimize your chances of getting mauled.

They're just taking for granted that this is how things are, but the thing is it's not bears, it's trained officers who can simply not shoot you. If they can't manage that, they shouldn't be allowed guns.

I've only been stopped once, not in the US, and while cops have issues everywhere, it did not even slightly enter my mind that I would need to move very carefully and note where my hands are to avoid being shot. Because that is just not something that happens.

you have no idea how american police work

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
neither do they

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Elukka posted:

The officers are trained to shoot you though. It's like the #1 part of their training.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The officers are trained to shoot you though. It's like the #1 part of their training.

one shot one kill.
not just for deer hunting anymore

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Szyznyk posted:

I bought my son an over the visor organizer for this very reason. Paid for a replacement license so all three can be easily reached up for.

Keeps getting hassled for pulling out licenses from everywhere. Visor, glove box, console, front pockets, chest pocket, back holster, license in boot

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Think about it like this, if only the cop is left alive at the end of the interaction, only the cop can tell his side of the story in court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Do you think that NYC cops know that Bambi is a boy?