Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
it is back mother butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
in pog form

vanisher

2 diablo 2 furious

FutonForensic

twice the diablos, twice the action. tuck in a pinch of your favorite tobacco dip and start clicking, pardner

vanisher

Baal run - nightmare - DO NOT LOOT ANY RING DROPS

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

dunno if my 6-yr-old inspiron can run it, but if so? I’m on that.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

vanisher

I HEARD A RING DROP WHO LOOTED IM KICKING EVERYONE

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF

Lock posted:

dunno if my 6-yr-old inspiron can run it, but if so? I’m on that.

Just run it in LEGACY MODE

vanisher

Dropping 1 gold 500 times to flood the village area

Ass-penny

vanisher posted:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ventral EggSac

Diablouble

Ass-penny

vanisher posted:

holy piss, is this what it used to be like on battle.net? I played the gently caress outta D2 but I've always kinda shied away from online gaming because I'm a hermit. The only times I ever played online was to do runs with my friend who lived across the street, we'd call each other on a land line before booting up our 56k routers or however the internet used to work. those were the days.

anyway if your post is as accurate as I'm worried it is I'm glad I didn't play online much.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Lock

so serious question, is there any reason to pick this up if I have the original D2 and don’t give a flip about graphics? I mean, for futureproof reasons I’ll probably nab it on sale eventually

FutonForensic

vanisher posted:

bruce lee: i do not fear the man that drops 500 gold 1 time,

vanisher

FutonForensic posted:

bruce lee: i do not fear the man that drops 500 gold 1 time,

vanisher

rear end-penny posted:

holy piss, is this what it used to be like on battle.net? I played the gently caress outta D2 but I've always kinda shied away from online gaming because I'm a hermit. The only times I ever played online was to do runs with my friend who lived across the street, we'd call each other on a land line before booting up our 56k routers or however the internet used to work. those were the days.

anyway if your post is as accurate as I'm worried it is I'm glad I didn't play online much.

Yeah there were some dumb online rooms

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Lock posted:

so serious question, is there any reason to pick this up if I have the original D2 and don’t give a flip about graphics? I mean, for futureproof reasons I’ll probably nab it on sale eventually

Probably not, if you still have your old D2 install and you don't run a 4k display it's probably moot. I'm assuming the new one has a bunch of QoL updates but it is still Diablo 2 at the end of the day

I'm holding off for the same reason, plenty of other cool games around and I still have my original CDs lol

NumptyScrub

vanisher posted:

I never understood the SoJ FOMO some people had, I guess I was playing it wrong :shrug:

Lock

NumptyScrub posted:

Probably not, if you still have your old D2 install and you don't run a 4k display it's probably moot. I'm assuming the new one has a bunch of QoL updates but it is still Diablo 2 at the end of the day

I'm holding off for the same reason, plenty of other cool games around and I still have my original CDs lol

thanks!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
4 skrength 4 stam leather belt? ahghghghhhhghhh

vanisher

NumptyScrub posted:

I never understood the SoJ FOMO some people had, I guess I was playing it wrong :shrug:

Imo there were better rings

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives

NumptyScrub posted:

iirc SoJs were sort of the de facto currency for high-value trade items because it was the most reliably obtainable endgame unique item, and because gold was useless at that point for anything but repairing equips. it was sort of the bitcoin of its time

Scaly Haylie

is everything okay, i heard the game's havign a bad day

FutonForensic

Lizard Wizard posted:

is everything okay, i heard the game's havign a bad day

things do not look good. the game has demons inside it, dios mio.

Goons Are Gifts

deckard cain is a byob poster btw

Ass-penny

Goons Are Great posted:

deckard cain is a byob poster btw

Deckard Cain posted:

stay a while and listen!

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

Blizzard is not a good company and has done some really bad things. I will not judge you if you buy the video game but I did want to remind anyone who is considering it that they have not done very much to make amends for those very bad things unfortunately.

There is always the option of playing your old, un-remastered Diablo 2. It runs well on modern PCs, and allows for mods like Eastern Sun that are very good.

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Escape From Noise

Stay a while and listen...

...to my several page rant about the latest patch. So first of all ..

Escape From Noise

Blizzard dot net... It's dot com!

PostsYouCanDanceTo

Someone fast track me to hell difficulty so i can run cow level

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Sep 24, 2021

NumptyScrub

Tiny Myers posted:

Blizzard is not a good company and has done some really bad things. I will not judge you if you buy the video game but I did want to remind anyone who is considering it that they have not done very much to make amends for those very bad things unfortunately.

There is always the option of playing your old, un-remastered Diablo 2. It runs well on modern PCs, and allows for mods like Eastern Sun that are very good.

Yeah I was shying away from mentioning that in the chill forum, but it is also colouring my decision to hold off and worry about it some time in the future :sigh:

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

With Blizzard's stellar record of remastering their old games, what could possibly go wrong?

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Escape From Noise

I haven't played video games for years, but I still think it's funny that they basically just made three games, two of which are basically the same.

Ventral EggSac

Video games? I haven't heard that name in years

Escape From Noise

Diablo II: Tides of Darkness

Armitag3

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Ventral EggSac posted:

Video games? I haven't heard that name in years

"What do you know about it, old man?"

*I get up from the shadowy corner of the tavern and flip my hood back*

"I'm Mr. Games"

Armitag3

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

"It's me. It's all my fault."

Escape From Noise

Baaldo

barnold

played the game. its a lot like the classic hack and slash video game Diablo 2. in fact, it's almost an exact copy. 0/10 for originality. looking forward to the lawsuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Remember Diablo? He's back! Okay, not like the expansion pack, or the sequel, or the expansion pack to the sequel, or the third installment, or the expansion pack to the third installment, or the fourth one, or it's inevitable expension pack...I'm talking about a relaunch of the first sequel 21 years after it's initial release!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 24, 2021