Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
i think enough time has passed that we can all stand to laugh at the ridiculous nothingburger that is the mueller report. and i think i speak for all of us when i say: lol

remember how for a few months, every friday had some major news story about yet another trump lackey accidentally confessing to crimes on air or something? who can forget the interactive nyt graphic that outlined the web of conspiracy surrounding trump, going right back to russia. the infamous eric garland thread. mueller himself saying "trimp" during his congressional hearing.

the whole russiagate thing was such a failure that i don't think i heard any major democrat bring it up even once during the 2020 election. part of that is because the image of russia as a shadowy, malign actor vanished like fog as soon as covid hit and china became a much more natural international nemesis, but it's also telling that the democrats just abandoned the reams of propaganda, messaging, etc. that they had spent so much time and treasure creating in the 2017-2018 era. absolutely no one cared about the mueller report after the impeachment (obviously) failed, which just makes it all the more pathetic that there's so much cringe content about mueller floating around out there

anyways, what's a classic russiagate moment for you? for me, i always remember sam nunberg getting drunk on live tv and going on every news talk show and confessing to many crimse, and then none of it amounting to anything at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i remember people latching onto some crazy loving tory who just posted whatever for kicks

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i also remember not remembering this, which was nice

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
it's friday which means more indictments. hopefully they finally nab don jr

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
we already have a mueller / russiagate thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3885352&perpage=40&pagenumber=128#pti28 hth

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
https://vimeo.com/303964180

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Mueller She Wrote

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
It’s really hazy, I remember trump telling guy 1 to write him a letter so he could tell guy 2 to fire guy 3. Also the piss tape being real ofc

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Gaslit Nation. It’s still going and has like 5,000 on patreon.

quote:

Today we examine the most powerful person in the United States -- Elizabeth MacDonough! Who, you might ask? Why, the Senate Parliamentarian, of course! You know, that person who you stood outside for hours in line in a plague waiting to vote for, the person whose policies you studied and advocated and critiqued…oh wait, that’s Joe Biden, the helpless inhabitant of the White House! Once again, the Biden administration agenda is being conveniently held up by the thumbs down recommendation of the Parliamentarian, and once again, Vice President Kamala Harris could simply overrule the Parliamentarian, or the Senate could fire the Parliamentarian…but since the Parliamentarian creates such an amazing excuse for Democratic inertia, they aren’t! And they’re screwing over the American public in the process.

Let’s see, what else is new in the Apocalypse. We discuss oligarch outer space fantasies, their botched escape game plan for climate catastrophe, and pick up our investigation of the shady Manchin family that we began last week – it turns out the Manchins have a shady coal-money-grubbing son, too! Then we turn to Aukus, which is a French acronym for “Joe Biden Has hosed Us Over.” Last week France withdrew its ambassadors to the US and Australia over what they are describing as “lies and duplicity” involving a new pact between the US and the far-right governments of the UK and Australia. The future of NATO and the EU are in jeopardy, which is exactly the outcome Vladimir Putin was trying to achieve under his lackey Donald Trump. We discuss corrupt lobbyist Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who grew up in France and yet is handling this diplomatic disaster atrociously, and wonder if his family ties (his stepfather was Jeffrey Epstein’s liaison to the French government) also may have something to do with it. We also look at Monday’s ruling by the European Court of Human Rights that Russia was responsible for assassination of Aleksandr Litvinenko in the UK and review the horrifying final allegations about Putin that Litvinenko made before his murder. Finally, we discuss the crisis of Haitian refugees on the border and Border Control’s abhorrent response!

Our bonus episode is a longer one than average and it’s going to air on Friday. It’s called “The FBI: Enablers of Abuse” and it will examine the FBI’s protection of Jeffrey Epstein, their protection of Larry Nassar, and their protection of white men in other cases, like the ongoing search for Gabby Petito’s killer, who was given a head start. We will also, as always, be answering questions from our subscribers at the Democracy Defender level and higher. This episode is available to anyone who subscribes at the Truth-Teller level or higher on Patreon. Subscribe to keep Gaslit Nation going!

It sounds a lot better now than what I’d have thought.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my favorite mueller fact is that he was one of the guys who went to pressure ashcroft to renew blatantly illegal domestic surveillance when he was deathly ill in a hospital bed. he's a true liberal hero, by which i mean he is a republican who accomplishes very little.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

I only remember that I only remember sailor

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

I know this is a really stupid country highly susceptible to fear and propaganda but I'm still surprised at how insane The Mueller/Russiagate saga got and how anyone took it seriously. Remember SNL worshipping Mueller and other late night TV praying for Mueller to drop hammer evverday for 3 years? lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thought it was hilarious how quickly they shifted the Mueller worship onto Fauci during the pandemic.

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

i remember the krassensteins

lol

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Reverend Zero posted:

i remember the krassensteins

lol

i miss them so much

https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/1090347443747676160?lang=en

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!
Lipstick Apathy
Russiagate was a lame rear end calculated distraction that worked bc of news cycle. It's annoying as hell that I can't get away with the same low effort poo poo that the Dems do

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

MUELLER IS COMING

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1441185090306859010

it's happening

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
remember when the president's personal attorney and former NYC mayor had his home and office raided by the FBI? lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/950835396392505344?s=19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/louise-mensch-my-mind-is-messed-up-after-taking-hard-drugs-7920094.html%3famp

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

there she is

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

remember how she started her own version of twitter, named after herself

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

remember how she started her own version of twitter, named after herself

and it collapsed because her business partner was a paedophile

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

John Charity Spring posted:

and it collapsed because her business partner was a paedophile

lmao i dont remember this part

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the reveal that mueller was just another really old guy losing his mind was almost too much to take in. almost

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

lmao i dont remember this part

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...orn-images.html

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

CODChimera posted:

the reveal that mueller was just another really old guy losing his mind was almost too much to take in. almost

yeah that congressional testimony was incredible. suddenly realizing that casual observers were more tuned into the whole thing than mueller himself was :kiss:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
didn't a bunch of celebrities band together to read the whole thing for 'entertainment'

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That picture is just a wonderful encapsulation of the entire mindset.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the hosts of the podcast "Mueller, She Wrote" saying they had to talk down their fans from self-harm after the mueller report came out and didn't do anything

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
loved it when the report actually came out and was a huge dud and then everybody decided that what really happened and the real reason why nobody gave a poo poo was that bill barr had maliciously sabotaged it by holding a press conference where he accurately reported that it was a huge dud

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
sorry

I only remember sailor

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Is this better or worse than fight song

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
more like the fooler report :mmmhmm:

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

what a shame this epic show got cancelled when he moved to late night

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the only man who can save us from TRUMP is the bush era FBI director who was also gave trump the push over the line he needed in 2016

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

the only man who can save us from TRUMP is the bush era FBI director who was also gave trump the push over the line he needed in 2016

you're confusing mueller and comey (which makes sense, since they were hugging and kissing each other all the time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Piss tape is not real, just something that was used to make the internet latch onto it :abuela: