Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Goon Boots posted:

i don't know what you're all laughing about, these are all democrats personally hitting send on a hand-typed e-mail with you personally in mind asking you for help and you're just ignoring them? Don't you care about the political process?

this happened to me, actually. clearly handwritten, sent at like six at night, minor typos/spelling mistakes and a Sent from my iPad on the bottom from my former Labour MP. ya'll need to make your dems more desperate before you get that level of service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

CoolCab posted:

this happened to me, actually. clearly handwritten, sent at like six at night, minor typos/spelling mistakes and a Sent from my iPad on the bottom from my former Labour MP. ya'll need to make your dems more desperate before you get that level of service.

Jeb! Did this lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jeb! also sent out free ipads that could do nothing except play a home video of Jeb!'s life story

in our lifetimes we may never again see a better-funded and worse-run campaign

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

vyelkin posted:

Jeb! also sent out free ipads that could do nothing except play a home video of Jeb!'s life story

I mean anyone half-decent at tech got a free iPad, that's more than Joe ever gave me

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

vyelkin posted:

Did anyone document getting this thing and then unlocking it for personal use? They're heroes as far as I'm concerned :911:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

it wasnt really an ipad it was just a lovely led screen that played a lovely jeb video

still a tremendously stupid waste of resources, mind you

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

animist posted:

somehow, palpatine has returned

lol

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

a spam text message posted:

a.p.dent, it's David Hogg, co-founder of March for Our Lives. My friend, fellow activist, Maxwell Alejandro Frost, is running in FL-10, an OPEN Dem seat. The gun lobby is TERRIFIED Max will bet he first Gen Z, Afro-Cuban, BLM organizer elected to Congress and rushing cash to crush his campaign. We refuse to surrender, but still need to raise $12,396 from grassroots donors before the End of Quarter deadline in less than 12 hours. So I'm personally asking--will you chip in $27 ASAP?

don't know anything about Maxwell Frost except the string of identity signifiers they've been sending me daily for the last week. cool that David Hogg would personally text me tho.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I don’t live near nor know anyone that is from Arkansas

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
just started getting emails from this group. pretty cool imo

tbh i thought it was republican emails at first

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
oh hell yea biden's abolishing the filibuster!!!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
oh gee thanx jacobin for openly selling your email list

quote:

Hi Dr. Killjoy!

We just announced the official launch of the Primary Sinema project — and we hope you can join us. Let us explain:
Kyrsten Sinema is the #1 obstacle holding up Joe Biden’s agenda in the Senate. She opposes the Build Back Better plan. She wants to keep the filibuster, even if it means not passing voting rights. And she doesn’t care what voters think, because she’s too busy listening to her corporate donors and their lobbyists.

So, we have no choice but to primary Kyrsten Sinema and replace her. In a July poll, two-thirds of Democrats said they’d vote for a primary challenger to Sinema. And that was before she blocked the Build Back Better plan!

But, we can’t wait until a primary challenger jumps in the race. We need to act NOW to build the infrastructure to defeat her, one person at a time.
That’s why we launched Primary Sinema, and why 100% of the money we collect will be strategically funneled to grassroots organizations in Arizona laying the groundwork to oust her. Dr. Killjoy, will you please become one of our first supporters in this movement to Primary Sinema? Add your name below.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a.p. dent posted:

always love the formatting of these pieces of poo poo

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i used to think that the republicans had the monopoly on late 90s geocities webpage formatting but maybe there's something in the water in the dc area

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

democrats are 90s republicans

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

also many of them are actually in their nineties

basically, when talking about democrats the number 90 comes up an awful lot

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
imagine the emails they're going to send out after today

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
no need to imagine

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
crying tears of PURE JOY (Democratic-Strategy.org)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hello friend,

you should have buried them deeper

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

a.p. dent posted:

no need to imagine

so how much exactly do they have to pay to abolish the filibuster? i'm assuming there's some kind of huge administrative fee in the tens if not hundreds of millions, or maybe some quirk in the constitution that requires them to present a certain quantity of gold and jewels in a special ceremony at midnight on the 4th of july in catacombs under the capitol where the founding fathers are interred, and that's why they need to fundraise all of this money to finally remove this otherwise immovable obstacle blocking all of their hopes and dreams?

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

glad I'm not harriet rn ngl

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I hope democrats send out some emails blaming us for not giving enough money to avoid the curb stomping they got in NJ and VA

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Re:Beto posted:

Hope. That’s a common word associated with my friend and former colleague, Beto O’Rourke.

During his Senate run in 2018, he captured the attention of the nation, turning out more Democratic voters in Texas than anyone in history.

Now, he is seeking to go further. At an even more critical time for our nation and democracy.

Beto just announced his run for Governor in Texas against Greg Abbott.

Will you rush a donation to Beto and our campaign right now to ensure he starts off this race strong? This is one of our best chances ever to flip Texas Blue – potentially changing the course of politics in America.

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:

DONATE $10 NOW

DONATE $25 NOW

DONATE $50 NOW

DONATE $100 NOW

DONATE $250 NOW

ANOTHER AMOUNT

His opponent, Greg Abbott, is just awful. He’s been the face of so many of the destructive and backward policies of the Republican Party in Texas for the last few years.

On voting. On abortion. On COVID. On LGBTQ rights. On all of it. And if Beto is able to defeat Abbott in 2022, it could change everything.

It could stop harmful voting rights laws in their tracks, end their abortion ban, and allow for immigration policies that put people front and center.

A Blue Texas could also reshape our politics for generations to come. 38 electoral votes is no joke.

This may all seem “pie in the sky,” but I believe in Beto. I really do. We’ve all seen the hope he brings to Texans. And I want to ensure he has the resources to run again and win. If anyone can accomplish this tall Texas-sized task, Beto can.

With your help – I think he has a real shot. Will you pitch in right now to Beto and my campaigns to help make a Blue Texas a reality?

If you've saved your payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:

DONATE $10 NOW

DONATE $25 NOW

DONATE $50 NOW

DONATE $100 NOW

DONATE $250 NOW

ANOTHER AMOUNT

Let’s do this. Thanks for your support.

— Adam

PAID FOR AND AUTHORIZED BY SCHIFF FOR CONGRESS

Schiff for Congress
150 E. Olive Ave.
Suite 208
Burbank, CA 91502
United States

unsubscribe

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Can you help my son, Charles? posted:

Words can’t describe how proud I am of my CJ. He’s fought the good fight his entire life and has overcome so much.

When he was growing up our family didn’t have much. We sometimes had to stretch to make ends meet, there were times we didn’t have light or electricity — but by God’s grace, we survived

When you live in one of the poorest neighborhoods in Kentucky, hardship is no stranger. All around us, we saw families struggling to put food on the table, mamas grieving the deaths of their children lost to gun violence, and folks losing hope in the American Dream. It’s easy to become discouraged, witnessing that kind of suffering. But for CJ, it lit a fire in him.

If we want a fighter in the Senate — someone who will look out for families like yours and mine — there’s no one better than CJ. But before he can fight for us, we need to fight for him and make sure his team has the funds to power their massive grassroots organizing strategy.

But I’m not just writing to you today to share cute photos of my son Charles (even though I have plenty!)

I’m reaching out because the team told me that we’re now at the middle of the month and they’re racing to reach a fundraising deadline tomorrow. They’re trying to reach 300 donors from emails alone so that the campaign can continue amplifying CJ’s bold message for change.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

something got hosed up in the Dem donor database in the past couple of weeks or so because all the spam texts I've been getting are using my last name as my first name

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Grey Fox posted:

something got hosed up in the Dem donor database in the past couple of weeks or so because all the spam texts I've been getting are using my last name as my first name

This has been happening to me for half a year at least. All of Nina turners emails/texts to me had my last name

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

a.p. dent posted:

My favorite part of this is that they will abolish it right before losing the Senate enabling the republicans to be even more awful more easily. Although that is probably the actual goal!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

just cited these in a piece of poo poo paper on campaign finance reform

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
I only give if there's a (LIMITED TIME!) 550% matching event.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

perfect av material

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

a.p. dent posted:

no need to imagine

lmao