Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Well, there's the Borderlands series, allowing you to play through the entire campaign of all four games with a partner (though it is split screen and so the UI is a bit of a pain to navigate).

The Earth Defense Force series as well lets you and someone else shoot thousands of giant insects, robots, frog aliens, diet Godzilla, UFO's, and bees with a wild array of weapons including a rocket that flies slower than walking speed that can level a city block, a machine gun that fires bullets faster than god, and what basically amounts to a handheld calliope. They're janky as hell, full of B-movie dialogue, and I love em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Persona 5 Strikers doesn't have any coop at all - wouldn't really work, given how it's less a Musou and more a standard RPG with Musou-like combat.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

DarkAvenger211 posted:

My brother and I had been playing Kingdom Two Crowns while he was down and it's a pretty chill time. Very atmospheric and is very satisfying to build up a huge fort

Yeah until you get a huge wave of enemies and impotently watch as they destroy your poo poo :(

drat those big guys. Though it's funny how much easier it is with two players. Being able to be in two places at once makes that game far more manageable.

I think my gf and I are on the last island....really should finish it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Unreal_One posted:

Are there any farming games besides Stardew Valley with local coop? Especially ones without the 16 bit sprite look.

Did a search for 'local coop farming' and whoops not the kinds of results I wanted (unless I wanted to find local farm co-ops in my area, which I did not).

I'm not finding much that's local. There are a few multiplayer ones, but if you're looking share the same screen, you may be out of luck.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My gf and I just played through It Takes Two, a couch coop game by the same devs that made A Way Out. We quite liked it. I was worried about it taking too long, and some segments kind of do feel like that, but the game varies things up quite a lot to keep any mechanic from feeling stale. Just as it feels something like that is about to occur, chances are good your abilities will be changed up as you reach a new area.

Anyway, I'd recommend it.