Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Awesome, we’re always hunting for good couch co-op games! I have a few to recommend (hopefully others can help flesh out the descriptions a bit):

RPG
  • Divinity: Original Sin series (D:OS 1, D:OS 2)
    Excellent pair of RPGs that allows you and your partner to either work together or split up and go do your own entirely separate sidequests. Best-in-class for co-op RPG.

• Salt and Sanctuary
    Basically a 2D Dark Souls-like. There’s a bit of a procedure involved with enabling co-op for some reason, read about that here.

Platformer
  • Spelunky series (1, 2)
    Brutally hard but excellent procedurally-generated platformers. Spelunky’s pretty infamous and TBH I’m going to assume you’ve already heard of it

• Broforce
    Hilariously daft and over-the-top shooty mans action.

• Caveblazers
    Procedurally-generated platformer in a similar vein to Spelunky but with a different vibe. I personally think Spelunky is far superior, but Caveblazers can be a blast as well.

• Trine series (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Puzzle platformers where you and your partner switch between three characters with different skills. I’ve only actually played a couple of these and they were gorgeous at the time, don’t know how well they’ll have held up though.

• Guacamelee series (1, 2)
    Lucha libre-themed combo-based beat-em-up platformers.

Action
  • PixelJunk Shooter
    Action/puzzle game where you have to save the trapped explorers, fight enemies, and get to the exit of each level. Classic game stuff with slick controls that looks lovely

• Monaco
    Stylish heist game that usually ends in chaotic attempts to escape after a bungled mission. Lots of different possibilities opened up by combinations of different character abilities and a real good laugh.

• Magicka series (1, 2)
    Goofy wizarding with friendly fire enabled and a giant range of possible spells achieved by combining elemental effects. My partner didn’t like this so I didn’t get to play very much but it seems like a great time :(

• Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
    You and your partner work together to defuse a bomb; one person looks at the screen, the other person only looks at the bomb defusing manual. You’ll want a printer for the manual and a comfortable sofa to sleep on because I’ve never seen a game so certain to cause intense heated arguments — enjoy!

• Untitled Goose Game
    :honk:

TACD fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Despite Blizzard's horrendous background I am looking forward to Diablo 4 just for the same screen coop.
Oh I didn’t know that was planned, neat. We’ll probably give it a go if it turns out good