Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

R.D. Mangles posted:

One of the Sox games is exclusively on MLB Network, which I doubt a lot of Chicago Comcast subscribers (like me) even get. I mean, I'm on the radio because work but gently caress that poo poo.

They should have done Chicago right again and had it on Nick. We need another NVP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Johnny Bravo posted:

It's not a terrible idea at all but I think you'd prefer him hitting with a runner on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E39GL1n9_k4

e: and Rizzo is hitting leadoff tonight as well

Holy poo poo this is a real post. I'm sure Maddon has an unbelievable hardon somewhere, and he's confused as gently caress because Ohtani isn't near him.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

bawfuls posted:

Why didn't we think of this sooner?? It's perfect.

https://twitter.com/RuthKapelus/status/1445826511399907333

When it was Hinch maybe, but I don't want Dusty anywhere near my beautiful Lucas.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

bawfuls posted:

I'm getting married on Monday so my month is pretty full up even if the Dodgers blow it tonight

Hella happy, but why a Monday?

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

bawfuls posted:

actual reason: because that's when the photographer my fiancé wants is available (it's a small ceremony just immediate family)

Honestly, that's primary among the best reasons. It''s only about the 2 of you. (God now I'm getting teary eyed).

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Oh good, LaRussa decided to use a roster spot for Billy Hamilton. That .600 OPS is going to come in real handy.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

The Pussy Boss posted:

I mean, "pinch runner who can steal a base at will" seems like a pretty useful guy to have on a playoff roster (can he still do that? father time comes for us all eventually)

He's still a passable baserunner and fielder occasionally, it's just that TLR decides he really needs to use him as a PH in high leverage situations for some ungodly reason.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Sure, Barrold assaulted in the area of 20 women, that just means there are billions of women he didn't assault!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I'm pretty sure there were a couple of girlfriends as well. I know it doesn't add up to tens of women but if you have more then an isolated incident there's probably a pattern.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

So now Dylan Cease is starting for the white Sox tomorrow which means there was really zero reason for TLR not to use Kopech in a high leverage situation yesterday. Just brilliant work you rummy.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Forrest on Fire posted:

Also let them still yell "STEERIKE!!!" Because as a casual baseball fan the ump screaming balls and strikes feels cool.

Umps still matter, can you imagine a fight breaking out between a manager and a computer? If it were a Rays game we'd have algorithm-on-algorithm violence.

Greetings Professor Falken

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I like video review, but it should either a) be an immediate decision to challenge (like in tennis) or b) an actual penalty for requesting it and losing. I really don't like how on every close play the broadcast goes to the manager holding his hand up in a "wait a second" position while someone in a TV booth somewhere watches every replay.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Hooray I get to go to a playoff game tomorrow

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

thehoodie posted:

Sorry for your loss

son of a bitch. At least it helps the pitching rotation

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

bawfuls posted:

Now this is the good stuff

The White Sox pitcher should be forced to personally apologize to the known cheaters for accusing them of cheating again.

https://twitter.com/pgammo/status/1447567596316921860?s=21

Maybe if you get away with cheating to win a World Series and suffer no consequences, you’re just gonna have to deal with people accusing you of cheating from now on? Bit of a “made your bed now lie in it” situation.

If the link Peter includes in his tweet doesn't exist he should have to go to ESPN headquarters and apologize for making up a news article

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Ya know, I don't think I have a problem with socially conscious posts and socially conscious posters. If rooting for a sports team is supposed to be an escape, we might as well try to make it as pure as we can.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Finally someone is going to defend those poor waifs from Houston.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I've never really had an issue with Buck. His in-game calls might are a little milquetoast but he's good at filling dead time by feeding his color guy lines and providing esoteric information.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I kinda hoped this all got resolved yesterday, but thank god there is a playoff poster around to let me know I'm too sensitive.

I'll eat a probe (LOL my team is out now anyways) but you're a piece of poo poo molestrios.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

The White Sox staff definitely faltered towards the end of the season, but they weren't slouches. I think it's just a matter of whether the Red Sox can outslug them in the ALCS.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I'm guessing every neutral fan's problem with the remaining teams is:

B - Front office and manager
LA - Front office and Bauer
A - Fanbase
H - On-field players

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Tatsuta Age posted:

Rosario's slide was also top notch

Fantastic picture and I bet Shirey is kicking himself because it's about 3/1000 of a second from being an iconic picture.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Parrotine posted:

There's also one tiny detail you might have overlooked, one biiiiiiiiiig problem with all the hoopla.

Pressure!

You've trained them to work under pressure by complete accident.

When you dog a team for the better part of a year and a half, doing everything you can to drag them out for a good 'ol fashion fan lynch mob, they're going to get used to it. Then suddenly, hi-pressure playoffs games becomes just another Tuesday night.

and that is the perfect recipe card for a deflated Boston Red Sox fan base being humiliated on national television THREE times in a row in the most famous baseball stadium on planet earth. I could grind my own ice cream from the salt generated from Fenway Park, god drat that was beautiful.

So bring on the loving thunder, I want some lightning for these strikes! If you ain't threatening to draw out and quarter our athletes, you ain't using your A game!

You seem very invested in the success of your sports team.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Sab0921 posted:

I'm too lazy to go back and find it - but you were not optimistic in Game 5 last year! Hrm - actually, maybe you were after it got back to 3-2.

Nevermind - Dodgers-Astros rematch is destined, so you should feel good about this year too - it must happen.

I would be excited about this if it wasn't for the fact that Joe Kelly is out.

E: The pouty lip becomes part of his natural motion.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

illcendiary posted:

We should at the very least have some exceptional bumper music in this WS

It sure as hell better kick off with "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)"

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

What does that even mean

It means "I cater right to Hotlanta Man"

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I mean, I get so tired just trying to watch a sporting event. I have to either hate a racist enabling ownership, or a sex predator quarterback, or a raping NHL coach. What the gently caress, why can't athletic teams just be made up of loving humans that just aren't complete assholes.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I mean, I get so tired just trying to watch a sporting event. I have to either hate a racist enabling ownership, or a sex predator quarterback, or a raping NHL coach. What the gently caress, why can't athletic teams just be made up of loving humans that just aren't complete assholes.

gently caress, just give me a sixer please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

By the way guys, I definitely didn't hurt my back trying to suck myself off. I also don't like it when girls pee on me, just ask my wife.

sorry for the cspam reference, but there is quite a bit of crossover in the audiences.