Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Empty Pockets posted:

I have a mox emerald AMA

How often to you bust it out at parties to impress your guests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

The March Hare posted:

Abolish the reserve list.

I've banged my hand on my monitor twice reaching for the cards in this picture.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

TipTow posted:

Anyone ever have or still have some old-school Doomtown cards? Back in middle and high school I was in a group of four people that played, and over the years two of the guys drifted away, and while I'm still good friends with the fourth (who still has his cards) we never really get a chance to play.

I probably have around 2,500 of them, with maybe like a 90-95% completion of cards printed. Every now and then I'll check eBay for some cards I don't have even though I'll probably never play with them, though at this point the cards I'm missing all go for $15+ each so I only ever get 1 or two at a time.

If anyone is interested I can post some pics of my stuff, including the few rare/chase cards I own.

If any of y'all have a Start Again you're willing to part with, PM me :)

Honestly I think it would be cool generally to see more collections posted ITT!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

These collections are so impressive.

It raises the question for me: how valuable should a card be to go about the process of getting it graded?

For example, I have a shiny, minty foil Rhystic Study that’s been kept fresh and protected in a binder for like twenty years. Looks like its value would be in the $500 range. Worth getting graded? Or should you only grade cards that are like $1000+ and/or mean something you to personally?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Here it is, my foil-y Rhystic Study. My second-most-valuable MTG card at the moment.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Magnetic North posted:

As someone who played during Prophecy and immediately recognized that this 'rhystic' card was different than all the others, it is endlessly hilarious to me that this common is now < $30 for non-foil versions. I can't find a price for a foil one right now, but when I sold my MTG collection in May this year, I got over $130 bucks (and that's just CK buylist pricing, so that's low) for something I presumably got for cheap to free nearly 20 years ago.

Yeah I was in-and-out of Magic for quite a while, so I hadn’t price-checked this thing in YEARS. Then I finally start inventorying my stuff and enter this, and what do you know, extremely valuable common, with the addition of the hike that older foils seem to have gone through over the past however-many years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I love cracking packs to get cards…but of course the moment I purchased a foil retro-frame Marsh Flats, I also decided to get a Collector Booster of Modern Horizons 2. And what do I get in said booster? Another foil retro-frame Marsh Flats.

The booster and the Flats I purchased outright literally arrived here on the same day.

Let this be a warning to all pack-crackers.