Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Logitech Z-5500 which I've had for 15 years.

I recently moved, I was in my old apartment for 8+ years. It was modernized, good wiring, never had this issue.

Moved into the new place almost two weeks ago (older and not updated), finally got around to getting my electronics set up, decided to play some Pandora from my Roku and noticed this sound immediately:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZyU1hQQsi8op9g9tAcmRRxsH2TCp_d1I/view?usp=sharing - sorry, it's very faint. I had to turn my laptop speakers up to 100 to hear this.

It was plugged into a UPS, so I instead plugged it into the mains, no change. Plugged it into another outlet with help from a thick, orange outdoor extension cord (15'), same result.

Is this a power/wiring issue? The sound immediately stops if I hit Mute.

If it matters, only the center channel is plugged in right now. The other four aren't yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Is this a power/wiring issue? The sound immediately stops if I hit Mute.

Could be. But if no one knows here then someone in https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2389259 may know.

e: you already posted in there. :lol: :doh:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I relocated the control pod and now it's gone. It was next to my wireless router before, probably the culprit. That or it was directly underneath the TV before.