Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Looten Plunder posted:

Is Romans name actually Roman or Romulus?

I believe Romulus is just a cute little nickname his dad calls him. He tends to say it when Roman is on his good side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
His namesake, of course, being famous for killing his brother and becoming king. A subtle hint?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Looten Plunder posted:

Is Romans name actually Roman or Romulus?

I think Romulus is a nickname.

e: f, b

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1477017717672656896

Boar on the floor!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

quote:

According to author Brian Hoey, who wrote the book At Home with The Queen, it involves a footman bringing Her Majesty a tub filled with sawdust with folded pieces of paper.
On the paper is random messages and predictions for the year ahead.
The Queen and her guests then select a piece of paper at random and read out their supposed fortune for the year ahead.
Brian writes: “Each member of the Royal Family takes a lucky dip and if their particular forecast is not very favourable the poor footman gets the blame.”
I'd love to see what verbal abuse they give the footman.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Jesus, for an institution that is all about appearances and image, they're pretty loving tone deaf at times.

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.
This might be old news but: Kieran Culkin was on Conan’s podcast this week and said he was originally asked to audition for Cousin Greg. Also that Jeremy Strong was originally looking to be cast as Roman.

Here’s the moment in the episode:

https://pca.st/episode/7647c4b7-4805-4459-beb9-8e8b2594e54f?t=1282.0

Parappa the Dapper fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 3, 2022

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Parappa the Dapper posted:

This might be old news but: Kieran Culkin was on Conan’s podcast this week and said he was originally asked to audition for Cousin Greg. Also that Jeremy Strong was originally looking to be cast as Roman.

Yeah, they covered that in the Colbert/Tonight Show Succession round table they did. Interesting stuff.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"Um... some guy with an undercut just called me soy boy?"

"Oh don't worry Greg. It's a nice safe space where you don't have to pretend to like Hamilton."

"Sure you do. We all do."

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/fibulaa/status/1483930632002494467

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I think next season needs to be more this: Succession but a romantic comedy

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/Buncahn/status/1484558831854120963?t=8Bcpib7EXGy4ExsqpX98MA&s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

gently caress off yes! :dance:

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

drat that was pretty tight. Better than the last one. Guy's got talent lol.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Parappa the Dapper posted:

The funny thing I can see Strong being Roman based on his bit in The Big Short. He has awesome range

E: And dial up the awkwardness and self loathing for Kieran, and he'd be a Greg. A kinda diff one but still

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

Does Tabitha appear in season 3 at all? And anybody else find it weird that Naomi doesn’t show after Kendall almost drowns in the pool? I’m sure Logan banned her from the wedding like he did on the boat or maybe they ended things after the 40th.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

That Kendall is loving spot-on

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Last day to post your list for the 2021 TVIV poll! Let’s do this poo poo! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3988330

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Started watching White Lotus on recommendation from someone in this thread (or the Righteous Gemstones thread, I forget), and it's hella intriguing so far. Thanks!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Read After Burning posted:

Started watching White Lotus on recommendation from someone in this thread (or the Righteous Gemstones thread, I forget), and it's hella intriguing so far. Thanks!

Banger show. Mike White (the creator) is very talented. He's also been on Survivor multiple times.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i havent watched white lotus but enlightened is one of my favorite shows of all time so mike white ftw

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i havent watched white lotus but enlightened is one of my favorite shows of all time so mike white ftw

As a fellow Enlightened lover: check out White Lotus. it owns

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The soundtrack also owns and I drive to it a lot

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
White Lotus is definitely something I would recommend, although:

It's disappoointing that the Aussie hotel manager won't be back, he was superb.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Regarding the final scene with the manager and the suitcase, my dad said "I've definitely thought about doing that before".

Really?? Cuz I've been mad at people but I've never thought about doing that!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Sobbed like a baby at the ending...it made me angry, sad, and happy all at once. What a strange, strange show. I was completely hooked the whole way through.

Bring on Season 2 of White Lotus! (And Season 4 of Succession.)

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just caught up and finished season 3.

Loved the finale. I hope Tom and Cousin Greg come out on top when it's all said and done.

"Do you want a deal with the devil?"

"What am I going to do with a soul anyways."

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Also, Cousin Greg calling Tom the office christmas tree and asking if he can hang a felony or two on him.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Watched White Lotus per this thread's recommendation, very good!

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

This is something his character would do lol

https://twitter.com/abc27News/status/1524044852991770625

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I see we have two method actors on this show

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

James Cromwell is pretty much his character from Succession. He's been a radical activist his entire life. Worked to get Black Panthers out of prison back in the day.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

So like his character on the show. Claims to be an activist but when it comes time to prove it he does a little as possible. Of all things going on in this country right now, thats what he wants to protest, loving plant based milk? Oh no his coffee might cost 15 cents more.

In the show he has the money and power to actually do things. But when it comes time like voting out his brother in season 1 he flakes out, or he gives his money to greenpeace.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 11, 2022

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Baaaa ram glue!

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

DurosKlav posted:

So like his character on the show. Claims to be an activist but when it comes time to prove it he does a little as possible. Of all things going on in this country right now, thats what he wants to protest, loving plant based milk? Oh no his coffee might cost 15 cents more.

In the show he has the money and power to actually do things. But when it comes time like voting out his brother in season 1 he flakes out, or he gives his money to greenpeace.

Clearly the answer is that either no-one protests anything, or everyone protests against the exact same thing since every single human is identical.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

kaesarsosei posted:

Clearly the answer is that either no-one protests anything, or everyone protests against the exact same thing since every single human is identical.

Personally, it's nice to see someone doing this. It's bullshit that I have to pay a premium to enjoy a coffee beverage when I'm out if I don't want my gut to rebel against me.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I guess this is the general thread for this show? Haven't seen S3 yet.

very very very happy about the S2 finale. kind of thought the show was losing track of Kendall this season (his rap in the baseball jersey was... weird, and he was like a sitcom dope about the actress in that one episode) so it was great to see him fight back

has this ever been called 'Breaking Bad for brunch liberals'? :D

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

his rap in the baseball jersey was... the greatest moment in television history

Ftfy

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
question: did they ever give a reason why Kendall didn't try to go to Bill, the guy who let Tom in on the cruises issues? With him and Greg that's two eye witnesses who can verify the cover-up and at least one that knew what was going on directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Devorum posted:

Personally, it's nice to see someone doing this. It's bullshit that I have to pay a premium to enjoy a coffee beverage when I'm out if I don't want my gut to rebel against me.

Is it bullshit though? Plant based milk costs a lot more for the same volume than cow milk. What do you propose we do?