Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Star Trek is unwatchably boring and lame in every incarnation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Twin Peaks owns because unlike other TV shows it isn't afraid to admit that the entire structure of modern television is owed to soap operas and it only helped popularize the blueprint for prestige television.

It's not a pussy

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

David Lynch once said "I don't understand why people expect art to make sense when they accept the fact that life doesn't make sense."

That's something I always kept in mind when I watch his movies. I'll keep it in mind if I ever get around to watching Twin Peaks. (likely never)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Most Lynch stuff got easier to understand when i undertood he was sourcing his own dreams as inspiration for those stories and visuals. I have had insane and vivid dreams my whole life and even just overlaying my dream logic basically produced a coherent understanding of what was baffling on its face

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The Walking Dead

I’d never seen it, there was a marathon on once, I watched five full episodes to give it a chance, and me IQ drop 100 points. Now me post about hating dumb show.

But seriously, talk about a poo poo fest of a goddamn bore. Literally nothing happened, and then AHHH slow moving zombies. And STILL nothing happened.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

The Walking Dead

I’d never seen it, there was a marathon on once, I watched five full episodes to give it a chance, and me IQ drop 100 points. Now me post about hating dumb show.

But seriously, talk about a poo poo fest of a goddamn bore. Literally nothing happened, and then AHHH slow moving zombies. And STILL nothing happened.

Oh yeah it's this one

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Walking Dead had an entertaining first season and the quality drop off the follow up season where amc cut their budget to poo poo was comically loving awful

The TVIV thread was funny during that time too

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
How on earth am I the first person to post Game of Thrones?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't think you're the first.

I watched all of GoT up to season 7 and I will admit I really enjoyed it but I was starting to see the cracks. I will not be watching season 8.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's almost certianly this.

Lost is a work of art compared to dexter

The ending of Dexter is fantastic. Also more Dexter! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9H1uSS_zkk

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

YeahTubaMike posted:

You're not bitxh!!! I posted first, making me the most skilled poster

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoyed most of these bad shows because I'm better than average at enjoying things :smugmrgw:

Big bang theory is loving dire though

I have no goddamn idea how anyone can stand it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Large Bang Theory

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Good soup! posted:

The Walking Dead had an entertaining first season and the quality drop off the follow up season where amc cut their budget to poo poo was comically loving awful

The first season is horrible and then people told me it was by far the best one.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Simpsons

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

ghost emoji posted:

as far as i can tell the good place isn't an actual show it's just a setup for twitter screencaps

Season one was great, two was ok, checked out season three when they all moved into a philosophy classroom so they could keep being called the smartest show ever.

Good soup! posted:

I stuck with it for longer than I should have and got annoyed when someone pointed out that for a show set in Georgia they were on a strict one Black guy limit for the group. Then the current one died and his replacement jogged up the same episode and I realized this was not a good show.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You're not bitxh!!! I posted first, making me the most skilled poster

ah whoops :shobon:

The Bloop posted:

Big bang theory is loving dire though

I have no goddamn idea how anyone can stand it

I watched a couple of episodes and there was just nothing appealing about any part of it. Just awkward, stupid, and unfunny. Nothing but unpleasantness.

I am extremely curious about Young Sheldon, but not curious enough to actually watch it. The fact that it's survived multiple seasons is fascinating.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

I am extremely curious about Young Sheldon, but not curious enough to actually watch it. The fact that it's survived multiple seasons is fascinating.

It actually seems like a much better formula for a show but it's tainted by association

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I stuck with it for longer than I should have and got annoyed when someone pointed out that for a show set in Georgia they were on a strict one Black guy limit for the group. Then the current one died and his replacement jogged up the same episode and I realized this was not a good show.

Extremely hosed up but also funny

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

every incarnation of "rich women yelling at each other"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Horace Kinch posted:

every incarnation of "rich women yelling at each other"

You better not be talking about Golden Girls

Or even Designing Women, frankly

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Golden Women

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
trick question. the correct answer is all of them

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Valko posted:

I don't think you're the first.

I watched all of GoT up to season 7 and I will admit I really enjoyed it but I was starting to see the cracks. I will not be watching season 8.
I enjoyed the first 2 seasons and thought it was good but the wheels started to fall off for me in season 3. Going from memory this scene summed up why stopped watching; Jaime Lannisister was kidnapped by the dudes in from the North. One of them remarks 'we lost thousands of men to capture him. I hope he was worth it.' I am thinking cool, an epic battle of thousands of people dying is hand waved away like that. In fact I don't recall any battle scenes in 'The War of the Five Kings' in the North. It's just a bunch of people sitting around drinking and scheming. Very little action to move the plot forward just chatting about all this cool poo poo I can't see. I tried giving season 4 a go but it fell into the same poo poo.

Another vote for Modern Family.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

ghost emoji posted:

as far as i can tell the good place isn't an actual show it's just a setup for twitter screencaps

there are worse shows out there but im going to still give this one the nod because with any other show at least i can find other people that dislike it. ted danson is good and there were a few funny bits with the idiot fake monk guy but overall i thought was cute and charming in a way that felt extremely forced

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

The Bloop posted:

You better not be talking about Golden Girls

Or even Designing Women, frankly

Or Absolutely Fabulous

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

everybody loves raymond

debraaaaaaaaaa

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
this is nowhere even close to one of the worst TV shows, but I don't really like the original seasons of Twin Peaks very much at all. Season 1 has its moments but Season 2 is straight up garbage for 95% of it. i forced myself to get through Season 2 when The Return was first announced, and turns out i really didn't even have to because it seems like David Lynch rightfully found almost everything in Season 2 to be super dumb and ignored it all. also I ended up loving The Return about a million times more than the original show even though it barely feels like Twin Peaks at all

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Parks and Rec has aged terribly to the point where im not sure it was ever funny. Micheal Schur in general just has this really corny sentimental style i really don’t like.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

runnypoops posted:

Parks and Rec has aged terribly to the point where im not sure it was ever funny. Micheal Schur in general just has this really corny sentimental style i really don’t like.

Agreed, it’s especially frustrating as early season 1 it had a slight edge that totally went away. A Native friend pointed out the massacre jokes are somehow only ok to air when made about indigenous people.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Firefly deserved to be cancelled

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Inept posted:

everybody loves raymond

debraaaaaaaaaa

Raymond n Wife sucked rear end but the rest of his family were great. But generally that entire block of Mondayish CBS sitcoms were all one note trash. Big Bang. 2 1/2. The latter probably the worst cuz 90% of its jokes are about Charlie Sheen character banging everything and Duckie is not lol so funny. I guess at least it was honest about the lead actor as opposed to Cosby Show which just enabled him to apparently get away with roofing tons of women. It was a show that basically enabled a rapist for decades. I guess that makes it worst popular sitcom?

Personal non fiction show hate is 60 Minutes cuz their dumb rear end DnD segment in the 80s kept me from playing it for years and it was all poorly researched nonsense pandering to old scared people just to make more show advertising money. And the evolution of this sort of Non Real News News eventually lead to Fox News and everyone losing their bloody minds.

Could I also just add in all US televised sports for taking what is already a great damage to the nation and culture and just making it worse while also managing to remove any and all action n entertainment value that might otherwise be grasped from said Consumer Religions? (Can we call sports popular TV Show?)

Ps: whoever above in thread was bashing on Lower Decks I want to slap the stupid out of you with a large dildo until your brain problems are fixed. :doom:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon.

gently caress everyone and everything associated with those shows.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the greg gutfeld show. before covid this was always on at my local gym and it is the worst thing i've ever seen on tv, even if you ignore the bad politics and just focus on the production and script, it's just torture.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

Despite being a sitcom The Good Place isn't actually all that funny.

And it's still one of the best TV shows I've ever watched.

I think these days it's classified as a 'dramedy' not a sitcom, whatever the difference is.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
HBo watchmen thing, whatever that was supposed to be

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Captain Rufus posted:

uhg, *sports ball* :rolleyes:

If only more people could appreciate real entertainment like hitting someone with a -- hehehe, get this one -- a BIG FAKE PENIS!

dangerstepp
Apr 8, 2019
Dexter burned me to the point of never watching a series until it's finished and vetted as incredible/must-see.

Yadda yadda yadda, I'm currently on the second season of The Wire a decade and a half after the fact.

dangerstepp fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 18, 2021

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Supreme Allah posted:

HBo watchmen thing, whatever that was supposed to be

I mean if we're going to consider that to be a popular show, I'd just like to direct everyone's attention to Netflix's recent Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness which was literally a miniseries composed of especially bad in-game cutscenes, except with no game attached. The only reason I watched through the whole thing was that it was so bad that it kind of looped back around and became fascinating. It still blows my mind that this poo poo got released on a major platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

The ending of Dexter is fantastic. Also more Dexter! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9H1uSS_zkk

There are few sadder and more pathetic things in this life than visibly aged actors trotting out their most famous flash-in-the-pan for a paycheck not even a decade after retiring and being done with it.

And the Lower Decks is still somehow that much loving worse