Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA for getting annoyed with my friends vegan boyfriend?

lol

I lust for this theoretical person's death. Barudak's Francis Ford Coppolla's Bram Stoker's Dracula just ripping him apart as a treat for his polyamorous quadrouple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

"I regularly imply that my daughter is too stupid to know what the people at her workplace view as appropriate meeting clothes, why is she mad I was just making conversation, it's just a question!!"

Everyone in my family who never worked in a corporate environment: how can you wear that to the office, you look like hobo noone will respect you
The one other person who held a global job: I think you're probably over dressed

Barudak
May 7, 2007

packetmantis posted:

r/relationships: no one has genitals in the afterlife

Turns out Ken is the only one going to heaven.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Das Boo posted:

I wish, I wish, I wish he had taken the "come home with her family" route.

I know for our entertainment it would have been great, but for the grizzled detective too damaged for regular beats who has to investigate the strange cult in the woods its going to be a taut, 90 minute thriller in S. Hayden's Airplane

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I am watching an r/relationships happen in real time with a coworker.

Let the record show: Barudak, also known as B. Arudak, Baru Dak, and in the duchy of vergonia Kadurab, does not think the correct action to take to the problem of "I refuse to tell my partner I want them to tell me they like me more often but I'm painfully traditional and can't speak demands to a man" is "go out clubbing and pretending to be single so strange men hit on me"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quackles posted:

Do we have anything to fear from your evil double, Baru Dark?

Nah, Baru Dark is just what you get when I sit out in the sun too long, the evil per million count doesn't change.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Trying to figure out what book has the name Cataleya as a name and could not give less of a poo poo about the rest of the story.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That kid's life sucks, and its not their fault, and unironically they should probably have not been born.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Google tells me Cataleya is the main character in Columbiana, which is about cartels and revenge murders, and I feel like that's way too cool for OP.
That's as close as I can find

Yeah, but isn't that like a 2010s movie? The daughters not gettnig a name change at 11.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What a loving loser still using WoW themed jewelry instead of FFXIV themed jewelry

Hell you can but the FFXIII Engagement Pendant too if you want your marriage to be hastily put together 8 months before the date.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Frozen 1 came out 9 years ago so that is a hell of a speedrun to burn out everyone in your family to the point where they're like "good thing your sister tricked you into getting arrested again". Ordering the pizza is just to assuage the sisters guilt, but yeah, like Invisible Clergy said above she is not about to have a good time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

Aita for pawning cards?

Bolding and paragraphs mine.

You know how sometimes you see a chef get way too cute and they're like "I've done a twist on the classic burrito, by not having any bread" and your brain just pinballs right past "what a neat thought" to "this is no longer a burrito, and you have hosed up the sacred compact". This story is that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The writer's not understanding how pawn shops work isn't helping either.

The only people who understand how pawnshops work is the accountant.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cockblox'd.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

look unless they’re using Maybellines Great Lash I won’t judge

Or younique products

Please do not engage my bad makeup snark

Wanting to makeup snark but not letting us do it back seems real <puts on my Versace by Fendi sunglasses> TooFaced

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Neito posted:

Pop culture has told me thousands of times that "guys don't make passes at girls that wear glasses", but I've literally never found this to be true. Are there really people out there who think that glasses look bad?

I think thats more because guys try to masquerade with gals in shades, which, oh no and you won't believe how many men in the year 2021 keep trying to switch blades in front of them too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Jack City is what I named my line of men's hand moisturizers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

therobit posted:

AITA for telling my gf I can't be a parent because she won't let me?

I want to thank this person for not doing the usual thing of preemptively refusing to do the correct thing so since its on the table I say go hop in your time machine and stop yourself from being a colossal dumbass 7 years ago.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Professor Latency posted:

for sure. but, like, who walks around nearly naked around a stranger? even your cousin? am i a total prude?

Many all woman's apartment I've known do this, although admittedly one was two women who refused to say they were anything but straight despite buying each other forever rings.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tobermory posted:

I can't decide if this is incredibly sweet, or just incredibly creepy.

What makes dads happy?

Oh hey, thread, can you hold this for me? <gives you a paperbag filled with all my life's remaining screams>

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im telling you the future is exploiting Tengrism for iconography.

Tenrism on the other hand is exploit free since its founded by a woman and promotes joy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

A solid contender for the stupidest loving man on the planet!

Girlfriend (24F) is pregnant and is trying to force me (20M) to be a father. What should I do?

Its like watching a guy discuss the quality of a bear trap and then, to show just how good it is, sticks his own leg i

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Funktastic posted:

after an employee died, her team has driven off anyone we hire to replace her

Its been a year and nobody has just cracked open the Ouija board to fire Jane from the beyond

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I don't really get the idea of a pregnancy fetish since the reason the act exists for heterosexual people is the whole impregnation thing. Its like saying you have a going places fetish when you're driving.

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

This is honestly the dumbest thing. An entire management suite of total weenies who even after a year can't bring themselves to say "Jane's gone, I don't care how much you still love her or how big the shrine you built out of keyboard lint and old ID badges is, shut up and do your job".

Lol at multiple people pussing out to the point of quitting their jobs over this rather than just raining down warnings and dismissals until the "you're not my real dad" bullshit stops.

The issue here is sort of OP but the real problem is their direct report who was Jane's former boss and who never elevated this issue and has been the reason the new people hired to fill Jane's role keep failing. That and HR being as useful as a gun that shoots backwards, but thats sort of HRs only state.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TK8325 posted:

Blood boiling. It's just hair you toolbelt. The poo poo regrows. :fuckoff:

Yes but a mother's conditional love does not

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Sometimes it's nice to drive around the block, op.

Absolute moral degeneracy, I will not allow this to be taught to our children in these depraved liberal so called "drivers education" classes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On this read there doesn't seem to be any indication 18 years and out dad doesn't love his kid or want to be part of their life (why plan a family christmas even when you're leaving otherwise). He's just done with the charade of giving a poo poo about the mother of his kid and wants to make a clean break. He doesn't even say he's going to reveal the infidelity.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Alchenar posted:

Yeah but... 18 years is some Christopher Nolan Prestige-style commitment to living a false life.

e: like how is he ever going to have a relationship with someone else? "Oh yes well the story of my ex is I perfectly faked being in a loving relationship with this woman for 18 years and then stepped off when the appropriate criteria I had set at the beginning was triggered".

I dont see why he wouldnt just say "I stayed with her for my son" given that he seems perfectly aware of proper responses and none of that sentence is a lie.

The only difference between this guy and other dudes who divorce at their kids leaving after being bitter for a long time is he knew and made this clear at the outset instead of falling out of love slowly or realizing they never really recovered from the affair.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Super Metis posted:

He didn't make it clear enough, given the woman had no idea by the end. Eighteen years is an insanely long time to live a lie like that, if he was basically doing normal couple things with her and they were sharing a life, it's not surprising she thought they were, you know, a normal couple.

Like cheating is bad, but what the guy did was also bad, in my opinion. I feel like their kid almost certainly has a really hosed up idea of human relationships now.

I feel like he was very clear? Shes the one who didn't stop seeing an affair partner and never bothered to ask how he was doing for 18 years and just assumed he started magically loving her and got wrecked when he was like "As per my previous email, this project was canceled"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I guess I just don't see it any different than regular couples who fall out of love sometime while the kids are growing up but stay together except the dude in question was upfront and honest.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grammarchist posted:

I wonder what happened to that one high school girl with the pregnant evangelical mom trying to convince everyone that the daughter is the one having the baby and insisting she prepare for motherhood because all associated costs will be on her.

The guy who is the babys actual father convinced a fellow classmate of the daughters to pretend to be the dad and they got an imaginary abortion.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Man, that post is breaking the thread all over again, just like someone said it did the first time, lol

Im currently stuck watching "Gnome Alone" so I will drag you all to posting hell together

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

It is amazingly an unrelated film which is mostly about gremlins. It stars George Lopez.

Trogs!!!

Its also about why being career motivated and moving for jobs as a single mother is inherently wrong

Edit: Im not sure I've been angrier at a film faster than this but boy opening dialog was 0->gently caress this film

Barudak fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 24, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The film Gnome Alone has in it a magic plant from which Ooze that stops the Trogs comes from. At no point in the eternal struggle between Gnomes and Trogs did they ever like, think about that fact or anything. The end of the film is the super Trog being defeated because the girl just goes "oh, hey, I bet that plant that we all know where it is and what it does can just stop the super Trog" and it does.

Also film studios do not know how to write charmingly goofy hapless male leads for the female lead to play off of yet, and this film is absolutely no exception.

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for giving away the car to my friend in 48 hours that my parents bought me for learning how to drive?

A token price? I hope they got Chuck-E Cheeses still in Germany!

(I know Charles Entertainment Cheese no longer accepts physical tokens)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

His girlfriend was the only one with any integrity, but he's too stupid to see that

Yeah but other people know how to play the game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA Girlfriend's friend stole my food and wants an apology

I can't read this story without compile errors so you should be single.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Women like bad boys because at least bad boys are open and honest about what they want- a fourth film.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

It's such a weird post, because why would the law work like that anywhere? It's telling you "always try to steal, either you get a free item, or you have to pay the worth of the item, like you'd bought it." OP of course does not specify the country he lives in. I assume from his behavior, he's an idiot and is confused about how law works.

Yeah, there is absolutely no way this is how the law works because if it did I'd be looking up wholesale glass and alcohol prices and arguing thats the real price of a bottle, not the finished product cost.

Maybe OP lives in a country which has fully rejected the value of labor?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

Give me your house, your baby, your half of the inheritance, and your dead siblings name.

Not sure I really like this version of the Terminator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Those parents. "You should have told a teacher!"

"I did and they didn't care."

"You should have rold us!"

"I jist did and your advice was pretend to be straight."

I'm getting vibes that the parents agree with the teachers and bully but think they don't.

They 100% do and are only mad because their kid is passively calling them out for being utterly useless