Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

cumshitter posted:

It's certainly not bad with money but I have a feeling if you described a planned community for Google employees where all services and housing are provided by Google you could pretty easily talk him into agreeing that company towns are a good idea. So I find it a bit unsettling.

They're not company towns anymore, they're innovation zones!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_xDkjRI2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Zurtilik posted:

I work at a zoo, and sometimes smell atrocious after work, so bad that stores won't even let me in! My boyfriend seems to absolutely love the smell though...what does that mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRIfvw_8ks0&t=114s

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I think it's a form of disrespect and aggression. I assure you that for most of these people if there were $1000 waiting for them if they were there on time, they would be. For people that are perpetually late I usually tell them to come for a time earlier than the real time and then they are late less often.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Dewgy posted:

lmao

You sound like someone’s dad with a stick up their rear end.

The habitually late person has entered the thread.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Dewgy posted:

I’m not generally a late person. Anyone who whines about being “disrespected” and says people are being aggressive to them over something that’s extremely common and normal is just fair game in my book.

Some people do it because they don't respect other people's time. Some people do it because they like making other people wait. Disrespect in this context means actual disrespect, not the boomer's "respect=lack of deference to me"

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Admiralty Flag posted:

For a palette-cleanser, a quartet from /r/mensa; the first three are title-only. And as always, I'm glad I never tried to join this group:

I've known a couple of mensa people in my lifetime. They were both exhausting obtuse assholes.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Dewgy posted:

The funniest way to screw with someone who’s obsessed with their IQ is to ask them what it means. I can’t recall a single time I’ve done that and gotten a correct answer.

It’s just how well you did on the test you took compared to the average in your age or age group, expressed as a percentage.

Yeah, to be fair though many of those mensa people are genuinely smart. The problem is that when they define themselves by their intellect they tend to fail to put in the requisite effort to actually be better rather than just smart. Also, internet IQ tests are designed to be flattering to the user so you get a lot of dullards believing they have 130 IQ's.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

IQ can be converted to a percentile.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

DoctorWhat posted:

My co-op in NYC doesn't allow dishwashers to be installed even if you can make the space for one.

why?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

OhAreThey posted:

My question would be have they tried easing into it--like, a week where they just kiss, a couple weeks to learn to touch each other sensually, one finger in the puss for a while, etc etc. It's this whole "zero to sixty" bullshit that freaks people out. Although if you've been raised to fear your own sexuality, even easing into it could be difficult.

I was thinking the same thing. Like why not just slowly start going down on her, keeping your underwear on so that she's not scared of penetration. Just get her really randy and keep pushing the envelope little by little.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to “stop accepting” alimony from my ex husband, even if it’s putting a strain on his current relationship?

OP is such a bitch receiving the pay she's owed from a court settled divorce!!! THIS IS WHY MEN CAN'T GET AHEAD! JUST DROP IT ALREADY, HE JUST hosed HIS SECRETARY! GAWD!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

must be a lot of work to birth an entire family.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

These stories always end up being carbon monoxide leaks causing severe hallucinations.

I forget the name of the show but it involves houses that are supposedly haunted. The owner will complain of weird poo poo and the show will hire some psychic and a mechanical guy. Invariably the mechanical guy will find a squeaky door and a drafty window solving the mystery but the owner of the house will choose to believe the psychic's story of murder or whatever.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

kntfkr posted:

Maybe he does custom pantie embroidery as a side hustle.

Yeah, maybe he takes commissions and the names are those of his customers.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

welcome to hell posted:

My Boyfriend Is a Loser and I'm Embarrassed, Please Advice on Dumping Him Smoothly

I don't know why but I find people like that scarier than obviously aggressive or weird people. Sounds like the guy is barely holding it together and might need some serious treatment. Run OP run.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

kalel posted:

I know everyone got caught up on the tooth bridge thing but did everybody's eyes skip over the part where he's inspecting her vaginal discharge

the way she describes his behavior it honestly sounds like the dude is developing some kind of degenerative brain disease resulting in paranoid mental breakdown. this guy needs a psych eval stat

That's what I was thinking. I'm wondering if he's the kind of guy that listens to Stephan Molyneux and obsesses about the number of eggs she has left and other kooky poo poo.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Evil Willow posted:

Can my ex husband sue me for money he says I owe him after divorce?

lol, tell him to bring it, go to court. What a gross gently caress.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Gorgonzola

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

lol at people thinking you have to be honor-bound to a childfree existence if you've stated that you're childfree. The prospect of fatherhood burst into his life, he thought about it and discovered he liked it. He can change his mind on things like that without anyone's permission or without it being some thing he willfully hid.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Cthulu Carl posted:

But have you had a period? You could be pregnant right now!

Does bloody stool count?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Dramatika is talking about a housing cooperative. I think so anyways. I live near a couple of them.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

the holy poopacy posted:

My [21M] boyfriend let me [23F] win at a arm wrestling contest, my friend [23F] how it's going to hurt my confidence

Yeah, letting her win is going to irreparably harm her confidence and it's probably extreme physical and mental abuse as well. sever from your friend immediately

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Context is everything. Having sex and making noise in the next room isn't necessarily child abuse but for some children it can be traumatic regardless of intent. Doing it as loud and often as possible to in order spur your children to say things to bolster your pride is more than likely abusive.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Viriginity is the language of abusers

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

This is a nice little buried lede where the germaphobe casually admits they regularly kiss the cat.

I was thinking about how people kiss cats the other day. I brought my cat to the vet a couple of months ago and one of the vet techs was playing with my cat and kissed the cat. Now I have no problem with anyone kissing my cat but it was there and then that I realized that kissing other people's cats might be weird. I also realized that I may have inadvertently kissed other people's cats and they may have thought of me as weird, though I can't recall any specific incident. weird.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Chloe Jessica posted:

AITA for reacting with disgust to my boyfriend sharing an experience he had as a paramedic?

lol, loving hilarious!!!! LOLOLOLOL! That's a story I would tell everyone and I'll appear to be a very well adjusted individual.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for kicking out my pregnant little sister and her bf, after I heard over heard them refer to me as, “loser who still plays with toys”

Must be tough getting an apartment in Sam Francisco, whoever he is.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I've heard a lot of the segregationist progressives argue against race mixed adoptions, particularly white/black either direction. The arguments I heard don't hold much water to me though.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Hellblazer187 posted:

Hasn't it been that way forever for part time work? I'm almost 40 and I got my first job at age 14.

Yeah the rest of your post tracks though.

The what now?

Believe it or not there are progressives who believe that people of different skin colors should limit their activities between each other. Killer Mike is a pretty prominent segregationist but also a progressive.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Piell posted:

AITA for yelling "no no no" during my partner's zoom meeting

Why anyone would care about some minor interruption on a zoom call for more than 30 seconds is beyond me. Why are they embarrassed? This story makes no sense.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

idgi

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Beachcomber posted:

No it's a body fat test or something. They put you in a tube and see how much water you displaced.

They didn't have to do anything that day, so he skipped taking a shower. Then, his mom arranged for this underwater test, so he lost his whole day and ended up getting wet anyway, which he did not enjoy.

His sister did enjoy the test, but wanted to grab her hair behind her head so it didn't get in her face, but she was told not to do this.

At least if iirc.

There's two missing pieces of information though. 1. Why was this a new low or too low for the mother to do? and 2. why did he think people would be interested in some oblique description of his (presumably) teenage sister pulling her hair back and holding her breath?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Kind of reminds me, does anyone ever actually fail the FizzBuzz test? I've never interviewed for a programmer position but it seems a bit easy to me.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Upgrade posted:

Please shut up about your boring personal lives and sexual preferences. You don’t need to react to every post by sharing your own experiences. This thread isn’t “read some goons ten thousand word essay about his nephew.” If you want to share your mundane bullshit at least do us the courtesy of posting it to Reddit first and then linking it here, not replying to every post with a novel about yourself.

lol, listen to this non-period sex-haver here!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

My phone is like my underwear or a toothbrush. I feel weird even when letting my GF use it despite having nothing to hide.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

sullat posted:

What about your post history?

That'd be even worse

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm saying it getting robbed is a normal part of life and if it's traumatic for you you've probably walked a very sheltered path. Most people will be robbed 2 or 3 times by the time they hit 18.

Yeah, I agree, muggings are NBD and nothing compared to having your nudes leaked.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Halloween Jack posted:

I can feel ACE School radiating off of that post.

AITA for asking my brother to go home after he flew in to see me?

This seems like a contrived scenario that has to end with someone getting stuck in a washing machine.

Assuming it's true OP is TA. Sounds like he didn't know who was hugging him or why and reacted accordingly. He can't be blamed for this.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

You've made the mistake of arguing against the armchair revolutionary squad here on SA. People are either virtuous or evil and if you don't advocate for the hanging of police and their families you are a literal fascist.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mx. posted:

AITA for moving out without a word with rent due to in 2 days?

lol