Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Dazerbeams posted:

Maybe we should also have some sort of derail guideline? I generally dislike when conversation gets cut off at the knees, so perhaps requiring content posting along with goony opinions if/when our mercurial IK decides she's had it? That way people can continue arguing while there's a chance a good palate cleanser will be offered up.

alternatively: threadban anyone who complains about derails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Hooray new thread! Loving the classics. Does anyone have the story where the woman completely changes herself after marriage, because she thinks wives are supposed to be blonde, subservient, well-dressed and made-up Stepfords?

Ffffrrreeeesssshhh content, different kind of wife:

Had a fight with my (26m) wife (35f), didnt find out what was wrong until i checked the security cameras.

for MOBA players this is very normal

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Uncle ShortyB posted:

Here's an edit I saw cause I just opened this one up before I saw this post.

I think maybe, just maybe, her parents might be revealed to be Secret Racists.

I see now why they were "uncomfortable" at the wedding

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wow, an angry disc golf player

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Close friend told me I [M19] should develop a personality, what does this mean?

they're not gonna get better, their brain is hosed. you're going to have to ditch them eventually

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if you have dark hair and bleach it, it's pretty much hosed

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

what's it called when it's not quite a laugh, but a wheeze of exhausted recognition?

the letterman

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I know she saw my amulet of mara, but she just said she had to take a massive poo poo and left

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

caterpillaropera posted:

AITA for reporting someone I thought was creepy… now I’m the one in trouble

Bolding mine, because it really took me a minute to work that out.

like oh my God, what a creeper. gag me with a spoon, I'm sure

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like how she explains the entire situation and that the dude did in fact work for housing and she was in fact supposed to have her dog on a leash, then one sentence later calls him a creepy guy who harassed her again

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Zurtilik posted:

It's just :biotruths: who wants a genetically weaker mate who can't see?!

wearing contacts, like wearing makeup, is basically lying

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there are plenty of dirty weebs in the sea

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I want to see the pictures now just so I can see if I can see how stupid op is

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

WIBTA for being a plague doctor at Halloween

the people who said you should be ashamed just get off on browbeating people, nothing to concern yourself over

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

people find ways to spend money when they make a lot

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if she's constantly that late and she didn't get back until 3am, she was probably doing some stupid poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for exposing my parents' favoritism

time to do the 'ol 23andme with your brother

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Hands up if you have been the parent of a toddler and never said the equivalent of "Great pooping in the pot!" And realized that your life has sunk into applauding poo poo.

AITA for saying I prefer sushi to children?

always the same, always angry that other people are fertile and they struggle. always because they don't like adoption

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

technically, kids usually live longer than your spouse

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wait so is taco Tuesday bad or not

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ok so long as tacos are still allowed

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can't watch that Eric Rosen guy play chess because his nostrils move too much when he breathes and it irritates me

Also I can't watch anything Jacques Pepin has made in the last fifteen years because of his slurping drool sounds

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA I briefly moved back home to help my mom after my dad passed away, even though My wife wasn’t on fully on board with it.

boring

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if you have a lawn, just take care of it and don't pretend you're being a lazy poo poo out of some principle lol. you're not fooling anybody

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It doesn’t matter how nice you are when you’re telling certain people something they don’t want to hear. You will always have been too rude for them so they have a way to get upset and try to make you the bad guy like in this story where a woman got upset at someone for having OCD in public then shushed them like a child so they wouldn’t have an argument they started.

hohoho very clever

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

My wife’s boyfriend

charge him rent

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

y'all need to grow up a little and get some perspective, all she did was steal tens of thousands of dollars. it's impossible to say what is good or bad

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jesus Christ, log off

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think they just spend a lot of time on the internet and hate money but also have absolutely zero sense of scale or who to be mad at

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA? For telling my brother and his wife that I will be suing them for selling the nursery I gave them?

now this one just loaded the decorum train up with coal

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah don't bring strangers over when you're babysitting someone's kid. open and shut case, Johnson

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for getting frustrated my girlfriend doesn't take activities seriously at all?

loving around while playing board games or card games does pretty much ruin the game. I'm ambivalent about the pub trivia, and don't give a poo poo about the charity race

some people definitely do that because they didn't want to play the game, so they undermine it to manipulate the situation. it's frustrating because even if it's obvious that's what they're doing, you can't really call them out on it without looking like a prick.

I don't think op's girlfriend is doing this, but in my experience, they're just getting rid of distractions from what they really want to do: get shitfaced drunk

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

How the gently caress is this not an open and shut case

Like, the niece screaming at the OP? Get the gently caress out of my house and don't loving come back you dumbshit

curse of the reasonable person

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

I wonder if the different metals evoke different emotions in the chewer

Rose gold tastes of piquant memories of love vignetted sepia, the dusty fading end bite of Chanel no.5

might have to consult the expert

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm sure everyone on this forum knows because I've seen this conversation like ten million times

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

kinda weird op kept emphasizing the very normal $70 price of the shoes. also kinda weird the friend didn't say he needed shoes to interview for jobs or whatever, but instead just said his feet would get cold

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wizardofloneliness posted:

I believe there was a post by a woman about going to an upscale French restaurant with her boyfriend, who was also French, and then being upset that only his menu included prices and she got the lady version of the menu without them. There were definitely people who agreed with the boyfriend that actually that sort of thing is fine and normal in the high cuisine world and it’s actually offensive for her to be offended by that because that’s his culture.

it's a really really good story for starting fights

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I found a new contender for biggest doormat. Prepare to be bored and frustrated

Recently married. My SIL took my photographer at my reception for an hour and had him do HER ENGAGEMENT PICS!!

quote:

So my husband and I got married in June. So very happy, beautiful wedding, and it was simple among today's standards... But was perfect for us. My husband and I saved up for over 3yrs for our wedding and reception. I had my bridesmaids come with me to choose their dresses bc i could not afford to buy them (and let's be honest... seldom does the "... and you'll be able to wear it again" apply). We paid for everything except bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen tuxedo rentals. We also asked my bridesmaids and his groomsmen to have the dresses and tuxedos as their wedding gift to us from them. We did not ask our parents to spend anything on our wedding, reception, etc. bc neither of us have come from families of means, and it meant more to us to not burden them when we were extremely happy with a simple, low cost (compared to many weddings of our generation) wedding. Even the bridesmaid dresses were $100 each, and I believe, beautiful. I am not by nature a complainer, and I make a daily conscientious effort not to be (raised to always be grateful for the things you have and not focus on what you do not have). So while I'm new to reddit, i would like advice from you...bc I feel like asking those closer to the situation not only would put them in an uncomfortable situation, but may cause more strife. Okay, that all being said, here is my situation/dilemma: After our wedding we had our reception... I did not realize until much later when we were to have photographs takenof the toasts, garter taken off, first dance, father and bride dance, etc. that we couldn't find the photographer we hired. Later, the photographer reappeared. My sister, (also my matron of honor) approached him and asked where he had been. He responded that that groom's sister (my now SIL) and her recent fiance had requested him in another room of the venue. We finished our beautiful special day/ night and were sooo happy! My sister gave me a heads up about the convo between her and our photographer... but she didn't know why my husband's sister had asked him to go with her. So after a couple of weeks we received our wedding proofs from the photographer. In the middle of the book was SEVERAL PICS of my SIL and her fiance! So I proceeded to call our photographer and ask him about the many photos of them. He responded that my SIL and her (recently engaged) fiance had requested he go with them to get separate pictures taken. When he suggested that he needed to stay at the reception, they lied to him and said MY HUSBAND AND I had told them it was our wish. I was sooo upset! First, we DEFINITELY did not know about this OR say it was fine with us. Secondly, it made the photographer that WE paid deposit, sitting fees, wedding ceremony, and reception for... NOT be there with us for the cake cutting, garter belt taken off by my husband, my father daughter dance, etc. So, after contemplating and allowing time to calm down and reflect, I'M STILL REALLY UPSET. I did call my SIL. She seemed very comfortable with what she and her fiance did. and what that was: having MY PHOTOGRAPHER take THEIR engagement pictures...at MY EXPENSE!!! And, in fact, was quite angry at ME for (at a minimum for my being upset), and for NOT BEING WILLING TO pay for their engagement pictures. I definitely do not want to start my newly married life having problems with his family. But I also know how long we worked to pay for our own special day. And to have my husband's sister take advantage, corner my photographer, and then expect that WE will pay for her engagement photos (bc I'm assuming she just wanted the proofs and to do Heaven knows what with). She thought... well you'll buy all of the proofs anyway... and said I was being selfish for being upset about her photos. I realize this is a long post. But I'm hoping for some clarity. My family thinks it's all B.S.! His family is split, but most of his family feel like we should just "let it go". Esp for the good of everyone. Please help me out here. Am i being out of line? Should i just pay for their engagement photos and let it go?

Update:

quote:

I am sorry! I have been trying to post, but I must make it too long bc it disappears.

So a couple of weeks ago my husband and I met with my SIL and her fiance for dinner. I wanted to meet in a public place to try and minimize the level of what may take place. The evening started out tense, but civil. Eventually, I brought up the photos. She rolled her eyes and said, "You're not bringing that up again are you?" I told her i was. I began trying to explain how much what she did hurt me. And how hurt and sad I was that we missed having photographs taken off special, important moments and memories because of her actions. She scoffed at what I was saying and said, "Omg, get over it" Then my husband stood up and (angrily) said to her, "I am so sick and tired of you being such a Btch!! To everyone! And as soon as anyone calls you out on your sht, you turn it around and make like YOU'RE the victim! It's sad that you can be so nasty" He told me, "Come on let's go". I said I'd be right there (hoping I could salvage a little of this). She turned to me and yelled, "Are you satisfied? Look at what you've done. I hope you're happy! You're going to regret this!" I wanted to say something back, but I knew (from the lump in my throat) that if I stayed one second longer I would start crying (yes I'm a crier). I left as quickly as I could. My husband had paid (for our meal) already. I cried all of the way home. We didn't talk about it, and haven't talked about it since.He did, however, get a check in the mail from her (I think it cleared?). With the holidays coming up, I'm at level 100 with anxiety. My husband doesn't want to go to his family's Thanksgiving, but I'm trying to change his mind. Because although she's not speaking to us, I don't want to miss our Thanksgiving with his family, or to make this whole thing bigger than it already is.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

op's husband doesn't understand that he doesn't want anal girls, he wants real girls gone anal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my love language is big enflamed gapes