Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Zurtilik posted:

It's just :biotruths: who wants a genetically weaker mate who can't see?!

As a glasses wearer, I'm afraid I'll have to fight you

*takes glasses off, gets comically entangled in a banana lounge and falls off hotel balcony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Ah crap, it was right there.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Uncle ShortyB posted:

I like this. Anyway, content time:

AITA for never returning my friend’s oven mitts

2 years for a set of oven mitts? If I left a spare set of like, oven mitts or tongs or whatever at my friend's house after they just moved in and forgot them, even if I remembered like 6 months later or whatever I would just ask "Hey do you even still have those?" and they said "yeah you left them here and I assumed it was a gift." I would honestly just say "Alright they're your problem now." The gently caress do you urgently need oven mitts for 2 years after you forgot them that can't wait to order them from like, amazon or whatever? Especially if your solution is "Mail them back to me and pay for it."

Maybe the friend has been eating cold lasagne for the past two years because of the OP's obliviousness. Just sadly watching the lasagne go cold in the oven, becasue they don't have oven mitts to get it out.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Batterypowered7 posted:

* Doctor gets to the part of the chart that says "ovary", nods sagely, and marks the check box next to the word "hysterical" *

Just lol that the chart's that detailed.

Probably just "gender: male _ hysterical _"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Invisible Clergy posted:

Fire OP into the sun.

Ugh, does it have to be OUR sun?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Serephina posted:

What? Like, a lady was pumping in the middle of an exam hall? Isn't that a lot of gear to set up, nevermind the whole privacy thing?

A pump's smaller than a volleyball and you could go in with the strap that holds the bottles to your breasts already on. If you had a loose top on, it'd be pretty easy to get everything in place and hit go on the pump.

It'd be awkward to write, because you don't want to be knocking the bottles off with the edge of the desk, though.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for telling my sister in law get over me ruining her wedding

A home birth that takes 16 hours.

Also, with at least 7 people there, not counting midwives.

Part of the appeal of a home birth is having fewer people knocking about.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

sullat posted:

Ugh the only thing worse than going to a family wedding is having to go to a family birthing.

Family conceptions can be a bit embarassing too, and you usually end up going to more than one.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Pretty normal for a first labor?

Holy cow, did I not want anybody but my husband there, because I wanted to be as loud as I wanted to and as messy as was unavoidable. Also, home birth never tempted me because I wanted somebody else washing the sheets.

That's why you do it in the bath!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

empty sea posted:

I've had lobster and you're not missing much. I mean, it's like a giant shrimp as far as taste and texture but a little milder and a little softer? Sometimes it's hard to tell under all the garlic butter. But it's not some kind of orgasmic food. Crab legs are about the same, just harder to get into. As far as seafood I really prefer shrimp, fried softshell crab or mussels unless it's in a sushi because then eel is the loving best.

The best lobster I ever had was on a lobster, bacon and arugula pizza. It was fantastic.

All that being said, I've never had oysters. I have watched a ton of food people try them and rave about them but the texture just looks horrific. I honestly think I would try them but I would gag 100% on trying to swallow it. I'd try them but none of my friends are food adventurers. They are all of the very safe food people so like, I'm the adventurous one ordering Indian food, ffs, it's just spicy chicken and spicy gravy plus rice.

I had lobster for the first time this year (that I remember) and while the meat bit was okay, the sauce I made from the shell bits was fantastic. And that was a pretty fresh one too.

Oysters are tasty - and if you eat mussels, then oysters will be fine.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Wait some people just own 'tea cups'' like it's 1900? I drink both coffee and tea and use mugs for both. Mugs are my warm fluid dispenser, also good for hot chocolate the one time a year it's made. The idea of some special cup just for tea is so weird to me.

Tea cups suck. You barely get a couple of mouthfuls and you have to go pour another cup.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

man, I hope he wasn't punishing the dog for each one. That dog must be confused as hell

Yeah, the dog probably knew whose poop it was by smell and was absolutely baffled that the big monkeys couildn't tell.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Teen Witch, I wanted you to see this image from the Vantasm: Post Pictures from Trashy Old Magazines thread.

Can't decide if they play gender flipped Cramps songs or spanish Sonic Youth covers.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Inceltown posted:

The only correct 'soda' to drink in Australia is

Sure, if you live in the foetid wasteland off the coast of Real Australia.

Otherwise you drink this:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Mx. posted:

australian bats carry a lyssavirus that causes a disease in humans that is also called rabies

do not lick the bats

Fine, but you can't stop me licking echidnas, quolls, tasmanian devils or these weepy-eyed rabbits living on the grass in the middle of the highway.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Mx. posted:

if you can catch a quoll i think you're legally obligated to lick it

Challenge....accepted.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

It is by will alone that I set my tongue in motion.
It is by the quoll of Spots that licks acquire speed, the lips acquire scars, the scars become a warning.
It is by will alone that I set my tongue in motion.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

coronatae posted:

I will kiss any cat, any time, anywhere. You cannot stop me from kissing the cat

*Found mauled to death by a fossa in Madagascar*

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm thinking he shows up in a gold lamé suit, top hat, platform boots, painted nails.

Works for my friend William:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Come on guys, you're ruining National Pastry Day.

*maintains creepy eye contact while smothering an apple Danish with tonkatsu sauce

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Didn’t Zyzz die because he had like 1% body fat and passed out in a sauna alone, or was that someone else?

He had a congenital heart problem, but I think he was in a sauna when it went down.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

thotsky posted:

It's a teaching opportunity. Tell her the meat is cooked to this doneness for a reason and try to sell the story, say you will be really happy if she's willing to try a piece, but that of course you will take the dish back and do it well done if she does not like it.

Have the piece be a relatively thin one, and if the pastry is so dark you can't just finish it in the oven then just hit the meat with a torch.

They made the point that they wanted to sit down and eat once it's cooked, not dick about in the kitchen because someone doesn't like pink meat, which is pretty reasonable, especially because they're primarily cooking for the friend paying and everyone else is along for the ride.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

[b][AITA for not letting my mom use my grandmother's moniker for her grandkids/b]

I want a reality check here. I'm a Boomer, and my grandparents were Gramma [Momsname] and Gramma [Dadsname]. When I had kids, their grandparents followed the same pattern (where Momsname is Mom's maiden name and so on.) My husband's family had a grandmother who was called by the nickname my husband gave her when he was a toddler, and his other grandmother was always called "Nanny" by pretty much everybody but her children.

How recent is the idea of picking a grandparent name for each grandparent? Or is it subcultural, or has everybody else always been doing it?

When my nephew's were born, my sister's (now ex) in-laws told our mum which grandparent names they wanted to be called by - Nana and Pop, I think. Mum was like whatever.

She ended up with a cool made-up name given to her by the nephews and which our kids use too.

My in-laws are Atuk and Atuk Jantan, because my wife grew up Malaysia. Sometimes Atuk Jantan is Atuk Buncit, but not to his face.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Mx. posted:

How do I handle MIL (70F) who wants to see my child (her grandchild) while ignoring my (33F) existance?

OP should tell MIL that its nothing personal, but she just doesn't feel that the child needs to know about MIL's private life.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

Degrading yourself on command is a talent, right? This man's extraordinary gifts should be nurtured, someone call Professor X

I'm the best at what I do, but what I do ain't pretty.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

kdrudy posted:

Merry Christmas! Your gift is here inside this Lament Configuration.

We have such sights to show you, as well as a free glass of champagne with each massage.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for demanding my fiance pay me back for selling my train collection?

look, stealing your poo poo is what's best for both of us. i get money for selling your stuff *and* you stop paying attention to something that isn't me

I'm curious how 'decent' the price was. I'm imagining the collector spectacularly lowballed the idiot fiance once they realised he had no idea about trains.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA For staying at a buffet for a long time

I wonder how much crab he is putting away in 3 hours.

Dude is totally known to the staff as "Crab Guy", but not necessarily in a bad way. I bet they'd be mildly worried if he didn't show up on a given Thursday.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bargearse posted:

I've never seen it. Yahoo Serious was always this country's better cultural export.

Personally, I saw it on a weird drive-in 4fer with Priscilla, The Mask and Bad Boy Bubby.

I like Bad Boy Bubby, but it is whiplash-inducing change of tone from the other three films.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Never eat in a restaurant that no other customers in it.

Name and shame!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Who is going to try to "debunk" your lyrics? Is that old man of the opinion all songs are autobiographical?

B-but why would someone lie about putting the lime in the coconut?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Rupert Holmes

Escape (The Piña Colada Song)

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

"Hey, I don't reckon he actually killed a guy at all - a-and he's lying about it to his own mother!"

Rest of crowd at Live Aid '85: BOOOOO!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

trickybiscuits posted:

From a while ago, but recently I found Can You Sew This For Me? on Instagram and it's a great thing to get mad at.

Best response in there:

"People die from exposure."

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Mx. posted:

AITA for not snow blowing the new neighbors driveway?

lol at your dumb rear end for mowing their lawns for free multiple times

I reckon that the old dude's kids sold the property with the implication that the dude's landscaping was included.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I know you can sue anyone for any reason but uh. I wonder how this guy thinks this'll go over in court.

Judge: it's highly unusual to invoke the death penalty in a civil suit, however

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Kung Food posted:

Edit addition: Dogs rule, personally never met a good person who was against them.

We know a song about that, don't we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxM7sLT0rQE

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Barudak posted:

See this is why I built a tulou, so everyone I was friends with could live in a collective house for the simple agreement they all agree to me as head of the clan and that in times of war I can muster their children for defense.

As long as it's traditional rammed earth, you can have my 3 giant-sized children.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

I hope he meant cocoa powder. I've made a couple of recipes for meat-and-gravy dishes that use cocoa powder, possibly even a chili, but like a tablespoon at most.

She's not using it subtly, is she?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

coronatae posted:

I will never understand the Disney adults. I saw a walkthrough of someone's house where each room was a different movie theme and it seemed very exhausting.

What fools. I've based my house decor around the oevre of Ralph Bakshi. This room is Mighty Mouse, through there is Fritz the Cat, upstairs is Cool World and we, uh, we might skip the guest rooms.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

GigaPeon posted:

Is there some kind of German word for thinking someone's a real piece of poo poo while also admiring the audacity it takes to do something so terrible?

The yiddish word 'chutzpah' would probably suffice. As far as I know, it contains no judgment on whether an action is good or bad, just the shameless audacity of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Mx. posted:

AITA for not asking my MIL nicely to hand over the baby for feeding?

wher is the acid bath